Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus ********

MrADeveci

Members,

To start with, I would like to say that firstly, I am awaiting a phone call from the dealer tommorrow morning (11/10), and therefor do Not want to mention the dealer's name just yet.

However, pending the result of the conclusion to what's happened with my car I will be mentioning the dealers name / location - as matter of opinion.

Previous to my 2001(Y) LEXUS IS200 SE I owned a 1994 (L) TOYOTA CELICA GT. (Round lights edition) - I had this car for just over 3 years, and the only thing I ever had to change was the fan, that cost me £20! As you would expect, from a Japanese car, it was bullet proof.

January this year, I bought my Lexus, from Lexus Leicester.

I was over the moon when I bought the car, as it was in immaculate condition, and it was just how I wanted it.

I bought it on 29K miles, and so took it to the dealer's to get the 40K service, when that was due.

I got a call from the dealer they said "your water pump is leaking, and needs replacing" - This was done, under warranty.

Two weeks after the service, I had this 'clonking noise' coming from the front left hand side of the vehicle. - I took it straight to Lexus. After booking the car in with them, they stated that it was the 'rods' that held the brake calippers in together that need lubricating, and so charged me £57 inc v.a.t to fix.

I took that car back after the day, drove it out of the dealers .... down the road, and it was fine.

Two days later, the noise came back !!!! and this time it's also apparent on the right hand side of the car (front)

It's worse, than what the left hand side was, and was even worse when turning full lock turns.

Rang lexus back up .... booked it in for repairs. (during this time, my car had been the victim of a hit and run in the car park - small dent on bonnett) so I booked it in the dealers, so they could do both in one go.

The body work was -

1) Dent on bonnet

2) Small car parking dent on rear door

3) Small scratch on passenger side wing mirror.

The dealers gave me a courtesy car , and had my car for 8 days !!! I got a call, saying "there car is ready, it's all fine no more noise - we have done £600 of work by changing the camber bushes and it's all covered under warranty."

I drove along to the dealer to collect my car .... to find....

1) The bonnet was perfect.

2) The wing mirror hadn't even been touched !!!!

3) The small dent on the rear door, had now turned into four small bubbles !!!!!

The guy I was dealing with ( no names yet) stated - he did not notice the door, or the wing mirror had not been done correctly, and said to book the car in for ANOTHER 2 days for the work to be continued !!!

I booked it in ... then drove off.

I got 4 - 5 miles down the road ... and though I should actually see if the noise has gone, well FU*K ME would you beleive it ... the noise WAS STILL THERE !!!!!!!

I was fuming and rang Lexus straight back, and left a message on the phone, for them too call me back.

I drove about 10 miles to my home ... and parked up the lex.

Woke up the next day ... and I had a FLAT TYRE !!!!!! The tyre has now got a "body shop type rivet" in, and has punctured the wheel, - meaning when the car went in for the body work, they have OBVIOUSLY driven over a rivet, and punctured my wheel !!!! Not only have they punctured my wheel ..... I have changed the tyre (not spoken to lexus yet till the morning) but on putting the new tyre on .... I drove down the A12 - to find that my steering wheel alignment has now been knocked out of place ... and the steering wheel is not correctly alligned !!!!

Can some one please HELP ME !!! - What do i do, ? shall I contact LEXUS GB - I am seriously going to file an official complaint with LEXUS GB - for totally FU*KING UP my car !!!!

Your comments, and advice will be highly appreciated !!!

Regards !!

Go straight to LGB and let them co-ordinate everything, that's what I'm going to be doing.

That is a disgrace what they have done though, good luck getting everything sorted mate.

They could'nt co-ordinate making a cup of tea mate !!

Ring up your Lexus dealer, demand they fix it, count the number of attempts... at least 3 for the same fault... contact your solicitor...

Steve,

On speaking to the tommorrow, I'm going to demand.

1) Fix my clonking noise once and for all.

2) Replace my puncutred tyre with a new one.

3) Allign my steering wheel properly. - I had only paid £115 for this 2,500 miles ago, (while in for service) and knew for a FACT that my steering was STRAIGHT !!!!

Just spoken to Lexus GB !

The guy on the call center was very freindly, and very helpfull to say the least.

He stated that he would be contacting the dealer DIRECT - and tell them what has happened, and if that the dealer don't pull there finger out he will escalate this incident to lexus customer relations department !!

Don't hold your breath, Lexus GB just put the responsibility back on the dealer then go and wash their hands :(

Do they ? - the guy seemed positive that if it was to goto customer relations, it wouldn't not be a good thing for the dealer !

In my experience, contacting Lexus GB does make a big difference. I had "a difference of opinion" with my local dealer earlier this year, I didn't seem to be getting any joy at all from the sales guys so I raised it with Lexus. I got a call back from the head of the dealership later that same day saying that they'd do everything they could to sort it out.

I'm guessing that Lexus keep an eye on all the dealers, if there's too many customer complaints then a dealer could possibly lose the franchise (I heard that this happened once to a Toyota dealer near me).

Sometimes the dealers just need a little prodding.

I have just had a call from the dealer they said

They will rectify the rear door body work - and the wing mirror.

I am going to take my car there in about 1 hour - so he can take a look at the rivet in my tyre, and tell me if he feels that it is from the body shop !!

and they reckon that the steering wheel allignment has moved because of the tyre change ??

Oh ... and they are going to book it in for another 1 week, to rectify the clonking noise from the front of the car !!

For my first year of owning a Lexus .... so far ... sadly, it's been bad !!!

and they reckon that the steering wheel allignment has moved because of the tyre change ??

That's good one :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think so, not unless they moved the steering rack as well, best thing to do in found someone there who knows something about the mechanics of a motor vehicle, the dipstick you have spoken to clearly doesn't have clue.

I don't think so, not unless they moved the steering rack as well, best thing to do in found someone there who knows something about the mechanics of a motor vehicle, the dipstick you have spoken to clearly doesn't have clue.

Well you may laugh ....

My steering was spot on central ...

Had tyres changed (nothing else) and then steering was off centre.

Only lasted for a while and gradually reverted to being central again.

Maybe due to tyres 'bedding in' or suspension extended while wheels off ?

Come to think of it, couple of problems i've fixed for people.

Cars pulling one way or another for no obvious reason..

Swap the tyres about and all then ok... weird :)

So, don't be too hasty to pick holes - odd things happen :unsure:

Well you may laugh ....

My steering was spot on central ...

Had tyres changed (nothing else) and then steering was off centre.

Only lasted for a while and gradually reverted to being central again.

Maybe due to tyres 'bedding in' or suspension extended while wheels off ?

Come to think of it, couple of problems i've fixed for people.

Cars pulling one way or another for no obvious reason..

Swap the tyres about and all then ok... weird :)

So, don't be too hasty to pick holes - odd things happen :unsure:

I have spent many years repairing suspensions, changing around wheels, tyres etc and after proper road test, which is not just quick drive up the road, I never had one where the steering has been off centre and I would never give a car back to customer with a steering wheel off centre not unless I wanted to :tsktsk: him off

another example of :tsktsk: poor workmanship from the so called Number 1.

Yes - That's what I thought, the so called No 1, though I am having my doubts now ......

My thoughts since the second day of owning mine, I still can't believe they are No1 all I can put it down to is pride and not telling the truth when answering the questions set out in all the motoring surveys.

Yes - That's what I thought, the so called No 1, though I am having my doubts now ......

My thoughts since the second day of owning mine, I still can't believe they are No1 all I can put it down to is pride and not telling the truth when answering the questions set out in all the motoring surveys.

think about how bad the others must be :whistling:

Get your servicing done at toyota, same **** different badge (loads cheaper)!!

:tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Regards Bison

I have never actually thought of that, who else here as actually taken / takes there car to Toyota, rather than Lexus for the service ... and how much cheaper are we talking ?

Lexus qouted me something like £150 for my 50k service ....... how much would Toyota charge for it?

Cheers.

Get your servicing done at toyota, same **** different badge (loads cheaper)!!

:tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Regards Bison

Good idea although it doesn't always work - some Toyota dealers will actually refuse to help, even when the car is badged Toyota but they think it should be a Lexus (the Soarer is a good case in point). That said, if you can deal with Toyota their labour rates ar around £20/hour cheaper than Lexus!

I feel that experience with Lexus dealerships is down to individuals. Over the past couple of years I got to know the service manager and franchise manager of my local Lexus dealer very well. During that time I have had absolutely faultless service from them, and many times they have really gone the extra mile.

In the last two months, both these people have left. I then took the car in for it's 12 month service. When I went to collect it the new service rep took little interest, didn't explain anything that had been done and I was then left waiting for 15 minutes while they tried to find the keys - minor annoyances perhaps, but a sign of worse to come?

I think Chris Shipley's place offer parity on pricing for both Toyota and Lexus services etc.

Might be worth dropping him a pm, or Chris, if you're readng this mate, how much do you charge at your place?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links