Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LOC Fundraising Event

Stu

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right just checked out the exam boards website..
June

Examinations are normally held over an eight-day period in the first and second week.

So hopefully I should be fine!!!

Put me and +2/3 down ;)

I'm glad you can make it now mate ! - excellent stuff !

This will be my first club meet so just wanted 2 know are outsiders allowed??

If so there will probably be another 3 with me ....

Also how do we pay for it?? is it settled on the day or do we pay in advance?

As many as you would like to bring along mate!! :D

The only proviso is that everybody pays, and as for paying, well, we haven't really got that far ahead yet. :tomato:

If you deffo want to come, please let me know, and how many guests you want to bring along (and wether you will all be playing in the footie), and either myself or scarface will put your name(s) down! :)

As for payment, keep your eyes peeled on this thread, and we'll get it sorted asap! :blush:

Cheers for the support in this bud! :D

Anyone else gonna step up to the mark here?!?!

Stu :D

we have at the moment 13 (if Raz brings 3 guests)

Feel free to outline requirements and entry fee etc for the show n shine if you want to Dave, all proceeds going to the charity of course!

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
this is last chance saloon for this event, if there aren't more numbers in the next few days, it''l be cancelled.

Stu

It has become the joint descision by me and Stu, for this event to now be closed, due to lack of interest.

This would have been a great day out, food ... drinks and a general good laugh, unfortunatley, I can not commit to hiring venue, etc - if only 5 - 6 people are coming, after all this was meant to be for charity, and with only 6 people coming, that would just about cover costs.

We would like to thank those who did show interest, and wanted to contribute to this event (names can be found on page 1) ........

Regards,

a real big thanks to those that did support the idea of the charity event, i'm sure that it would have been a great day out.

A real shame that it has ended because of lack of interest, and an even bigger shame for the charity and the people and their families that would have benefited from the event.

Maybe in the future we'll try and organise something else, but at the moment, i have lost all enthusiasm for doing such a thing, even though it's for a good cause, because i feel that it has been nothing but a waste of my time trying to get it going.

We'll see what happens in the future, but if i'm being honest, don't hold ya breath.

Stu

Stu i would have been happy to participate, unfortunatly as your aware, im not in the UK at the mo.

but what we do see here again is the same old Typical LOC APATHY

this is the very reason im wondering is there much use in myself and others busting a bollock to sort JAE out

Stu i would have been happy to participate, unfortunatly as your aware, im not in the UK at the mo.

but what we do see here again is the same old Typical LOC APATHY

this is the very reason im wondering is there much use in myself and others busting a bollock to sort JAE out

People such as yourself i have no problem with Mat! If you can't make it, you can't make it, thats a fair enough reason!

But you aren't gonna tell me that of the 9,000 odd members of this club that less than 10 were free on that day????

But hey, it's been cancelled, end of.

Not to sound like i'm trying to lay the guilt trip or anything, but the funds that could have been raised could of let someone see their kids grow up.

As far as JAE goes, i'll be there, but i agree with you Mat, why should people bust themselves for very little response?

Stu

Shame these events never get off the ground (I couldn't play due to leg surgery but would have come along in support).

Regarding the charity side how about a proposal of adding 50p or £1 to the membership subs in support of a good cause ... ?

Least it would multiply by the Gold membership numbers each year.

Don't shoot me - just an idea :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links