Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I posted some images recently of my car, having had the Prolex-UK eyelids fitted.

And, what was really noticeable to me, was that my car really needs to be lower :crybaby:

It would appear that small children have setup a climbing frame in my wheelarches, and play there during the day :crybaby:

Was chatting about this with LOC's resident photoshop guru (Mr S. Face), and he lowered the car.

So we went from

Current, small children infested version

43600016_G_001.sized.jpg

Photoshopped lower

doctored_lowered_2.jpg

Its not the best of shots to use for this exercise, but it was the best one I had lieing around.

The second shot looks pretty much like what I want.

I'm not a fan of the "slammed to the floor" look - so not thinking of going really low on coilovers.

Whats the concensus on a Gs430 on Eibach / TTE springs?

I had these on my IS, and was very happy - nice drop, and not too much impact on the ride quality.

Can I expect the same on the GS?

Is the 'chop above roughly right for a set of springs do you think?

Kudos must be given to scarface - he volunteered to do this, and did about seven different version at different heights. He even did an exotic "on the beach" version which I now have as my desktop background! :geek:

Nice one sir!

The gap on standard GSs is very big. One of the reasons I haven't put my 18" wheels on my car.

You have 3 choices.

1 - Get the GS sport suspension (2003 onwards)

2 - Coilovers

3 - Eibach springs

Of the 3 the Eibach springs would be the worst option. Fitted those to my 1998 GS and although it looked better being lowered 30mm and the body roll was better the springs never felt matched to the shocks and just highlighted the shortcomings of the GS suspension set up.

This may be better on face lifted models as the suspension set up was improved anyway but I wouldn't waste my money on another set.

Brettster your GS does look lower because yours is a GS Sport and is lower. Matt's as a GS SE with sport pack which never had lowered suspension because it took Lexus nearly 3 years to try and get a good set up. That is why the sport was stopped at the end of 2000 and didn't come back until mid 2003.

that solves that then :)

I find the Ride in my GS to be better than my IS, maybe its in my head, but maybe later on i'll add some sway bars and coil overs, I just dont want to go any lower as right now its just on the speed bump limit...

The gap on standard GSs is very big. One of the reasons I haven't put my 18" wheels on my car.

You have 3 choices.

1 - Get the GS sport suspension (2003 onwards)

2 - Coilovers

3 - Eibach springs

Of the 3 the Eibach springs would be the worst option. Fitted those to my 1998 GS and although it looked better being lowered 30mm and the body roll was better the springs never felt matched to the shocks and just highlighted the shortcomings of the GS suspension set up.

This may be better on face lifted models as the suspension set up was improved anyway but I wouldn't waste my money on another set.

what actually IS the 2003+ sports suspension Col?

was thinking of springs, as I had a set of eibachs on my IS, and was pretty pleased with them.

I'm not too concerned about performance - I dont drive that hard anyway. Bit less bodyroll would be nice - but will get that whatever choice I make.

But, I would like to improve the cosmetic appearance of the car - the gap is huge - without compromising too much on the ride quality.

I got that with the eibachs - so was thinking of sticking with what I know :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links