Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

mpg average - 27.3

tonb

Mine varies drastically. I do alot of motorway driving and when going steady (80'ish) I get about 400 from the tank. When I'm late or taking advantage of some nice twisty roads that goes down to sub 350. I'll leave you to work out the mpg....

I'm playing about with unleaded/super unleaded and optimax at the moment to see what differences I can feel. So far I've not done enough consistent journeys to come to a conclusion.

I've had a service since I last checked so this week I've been taking it carefully to see what I can get out of it if I try.

I do mainly motorway driving (M4) just outside the worst of the rush-hour, along with hurtling into/out of slough/reading. I drive pretty fast and get 25-27 mpg. (I once managed about 31 mpg when doing a long distance run.)

Want a laugh - if I drive like Dave ;)

I get 350 mile to a tank but if I drive like the wind, get this, maybe only maybe 200 mile to a tank. Thirsty turbos if they are used all the time:(:(

But then there is no fun if I drive sensablily so............:lol::lol:

Mine is standard but sees about:

70% motorway use in "average driver" mode.

5% in "I'll miss this deal unless I rush" mode

5% "lets play on the back roads" mode :flaming:

10% "boring city glad-its-auto" mode

10% parked up while I work in the back with the air con running.

I never use the "power ect" button.

I reckon 26 mpg is okay but I'll settle down on the motorway to see if I can get it to 30....

Let you know.

Loz

Originally posted by JOHNNY-BOY
Originally posted by UltraViolet

My boyfriend's new car though - brand new last wednesday so just running in...... First full tank of fuel cost £26 (40 litre tank) took him over 600 miles!!!!

:o:o:o

Blimey what car is it? Pedal Power??

Going on your love of Honda's Sam, it's not a Honda Insight or a Civic Hybrid is it?!?! ;)

Originally posted by JOHNNY-BOY

I average around 24mpg :(.

Did manage to get 26mpg once on a longer journey.

Sounds like you drive like me Johnny! The fewest miles I have managed on a full tank is 266! Thats about 20mpg - mind you it did include a little bit of a race on the A61 one night;)

Originally posted by Claire G

Going on your love of Honda's Sam, it's not a Honda Insight or a Civic Hybrid is it?!?! ;)

Give that girl a prize!!! Lol - you got it in one.

Honda Insight - great fun, went for a bit of a play on the local twisties, and a tour through the town on the way for take out - and was getting 82.5 mpg while in town and having a play!!! How mad is that!

Over 300 patents on one car - amazing.

Originally posted by UltraViolet
Originally posted by Claire G

Give that girl a prize!!! Lol - you got it in one.

Honda Insight - great fun, went for a bit of a play on the local twisties, and a tour through the town on the way for take out - and was getting 82.5 mpg while in town and having a play!!! How mad is that!

Over 300 patents on one car - amazing.

Noooo, 82.5 mpg - that's MAD :o:o:o

Shame they don't do a family sized car :lol:

I heard that Honda loses something like £4k on each car because of the build price. Guess they're trying to lead the market....:wow:

Cant get over how thirsty those little ones are!! why don't you get a biggun that has better economy?? makes sense no? What extra u pay for in purchase, you save in Gas bills and you get to drive a more luxurious Lexus. never a bad thing...

of course it does have questionable styling compared to the 200...:?:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links