Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LOC History

Gord

Steve & Matt McNally started LOC (teamlexus.co.uk) .................. all the commitee members are shown on your GOLD membership pack ............

and then you got us moderators .......... well, you know who I am :D

I'm sure Steve will come along soon .......... and answer this in more depth ! :P

Steve & Matt McNally started LOC (teamlexus.co.uk) .................. all the commitee members are shown on your GOLD membership pack ............

and then you got us moderators .......... well, you know who I am  :D

I'm sure Steve will come along soon .......... and answer this in more depth !  :P

think you will find that it was mat clawley and steve :whistling:

mat started it on the yahoo clubs board ( it was then called teamlexus" ) which was quite basic, there are still a few of the "original" members on this board that have been here since the yahoo days myself being one of them.

everyone else has joined in since then.

and then you got us moderators .......... well, you know who I am  :D

I'm sure Steve will come along soon .......... and answer this in more depth !  :P

think you will find that it was mat clawley and steve :whistling:

err ... oh yes .... er ... that's what i meant ! lol :whistling:

I will tell you the story

November 25th 2001

I was a member at CL when mat pm'd me and asked if I wanted to join his Yahoo groups. We then got chatting on MSN.

As i was in the know with web design and administration I said to mat something like

"hey why dont we start a proper forum under a proper domain name"

The yahoo groups were not called Team Lexus .. I think it was called lexus Sport or something.

I asked mat to think of a name. Team lexus was the name mat came up with and I agreed it was good and Mat bought the name, while I built the website.

November 26th 2001

Website Launched

From day 1 it started to flourish.. I continued to build the site in my spare time.

I countinued to build the club and I financially supported the club in its growing months and spent nearly full time for a number of months building site and basically general administration.

The name LexusOwnersClub.com and co.uk domain name was suprisingly available. So the club inherited the name as it more or less does what it says on the tin.

Voila.. LOC worldwide with the thanks of the committee, especially Matthew Mcnally on the US website.

We have had alot of support from members to help build the club. Mat and I are most gratefull for!

Nice thread Gord, nice to see a bit of background to what we're all using now :)

Steve, I take it CL was Club Lexus?

What sorts of sites were around in those days as there are a lot kicking about nowadays, guessing Club Lexus was around back then if that's that you meant above, how busy were the sites back in those days?

Seeing the old fashioned stuff makes me miss the older, simpler days of computers - Trumpet Winsock and all that stuff in the early Windows internet days - in fact I wonder how many BBS's there are out there nowadays?!

and this is how it used to look way back then

TeamLexus.co.uk

Quite eye catching if i say so myself

wow - that takes me back.

some old names on that memberlist.

had forgotten cmputerwiz was a member on the UK club too. guy comitted suicide a few months ago :crybaby: one of the US team was a close friend - AJ drove a long way to go to his funeral :crybaby:

Nice thread Gord, nice to see a bit of background to what we're all using now :)

Steve, I take it CL was Club Lexus?

What sorts of sites were around in those days as there are a lot kicking about nowadays,  guessing Club Lexus was around back then if that's that you meant above, how busy were the sites back in those days?

Seeing the old fashioned stuff makes me miss the older, simpler days of computers - Trumpet Winsock and all that stuff in the early Windows internet days - in fact I wonder how many BBS's there are out there nowadays?!

yes it was Club leuxs.. and they were big then.

But not good for UK folks really... thats why this site took off well. All help from mats Yahoo group to kick start.

Takes me back to when I set up my fordmondeo.org site back in 2000.

There weren't very many sites around in those days, and the forums software was less advanced, and hosting was more expensive..... but it was a great time.

In a way I liked my site when it was smaller, it was more personal. Dont get me wrong, theres still a great atmosphere now, looking back just brings fond memories :crybaby: (and a great deal of learning!)

Takes me back to when I set up my fordmondeo.org site back in 2000.

There weren't very many sites around in those days, and the forums software was less advanced, and hosting was more expensive..... but it was a great time.

In a way I liked my site when it was smaller, it was more personal. Dont get me wrong, theres still a great atmosphere now, looking back just brings fond memories  :crybaby: (and a great deal of learning!)

Yes I remember those memories :D

• 4 weeks later...

great thread :) remembers me when I started website creation five years ago now

I didn't know archive.org, fabulous thing, I found archives of mines :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links