Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyre Recommendations

Hi folks

I had a go with the 'search' function but didn't have much success, so I hope you don't mind if I'm repeating a previous thread.

A recent geometry check showed that I'll be needing some new tyres sooner rather than later, but I don't want to just blindly replace the Bridgestone Potenzas - I find these a little 'slippy' in wet weather. Any suggestions for a good all-season tyre that still looks good? I see there's a new Bridgestone tyre out; anyone have these?

All the best

Amanda

Search is your friend (you'll eventually find something)

In the meantime here's something to go on - I originally had potenza's on my IS200 and I thought the life was rubbish, only lasted 18K, swapped them for Dunlop SP9000 and the life is much better, but I'm not sure if they're any better in the wet.

I too might change to another brand when they're due, probably go for Michelin Pilot Sport as I believe a lot of guys say these are the dogs danglies.

Anybody vouch for this?

are u looking for "all season" or just normal summer tyres??? all season tyres are also designed to handle snow.

if u want just a normal summer tyres have a look at the dunlop sport maxx, toyo proxy t1r, i dont like pirellis too much as they wear quite quickly.

all depends what ur after, excellent in dry or in the wet, there are pay offs if the tyre is good in one but might not be so good in the other.

Pirelli P-Zero Rossos are great in the wet, but noisy. Swings & roundabouts

The P-Zeros are my favoritist tyre in the world ever.

My car came with them and I replaced them with inferior tyres - with much regret - next time I'm spending the extra money - P-Zeros make me smile, what price do you put on that?

Tyres are probably the best mod for the money. Consider that the combined contact area of your 4 tyres with the road is pretty much the same size as a sheet of writing paper, and that you're counting on the same tyres to allow you to launch from standstill, corner hard and come to an emergency stop, it's well worth spending a little more on them.

Some good tyres include:

Michelin Pilot Sport

Bridgestone S03

Pirelli P-Zeros (the Rossos are nubbad, but the original P-0s are the BEST)

The above 3 are pretty much the best money can buy for all-purpose wet and dry, but are pretty noisy. One performance and noise notch down would be the Continental CSC2.

Finally, for the most fun on a dry only road, Toyo R1R. These are just short of semi-slick, and stick like anything on the road! I've had fun doing U-turns at 50+ mph on these. Not to mention that fact that having these tyres on a 130+hp civic allowed me to lap within seconds of 200hp Imprezas ;)

PS. toyo R1Rs don't work very well in rain. Especially torrential tropical rains. I used to just go for a coffee break (urm.. tea to you brits!) when it rained.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links