Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Red IS200 - Wise or foolish?

Ssowa

I currently have a Toyota Celica in Red and am thinking of changing it for an IS200 next (SE or sport). I see that the IS200 is available in exactly the same Red colour as my Celica - An I love that colour. What do you think of the IS200 in Red? Is it an appropriate colour for this type of car or should I look at "boring" traditional dark metalic colours. Will Red hurt resale or be a bonus?

Would love to know what owners think.

Originally posted by Jimmy Ten Toes

I guess its all down to individual preference. I personnally don't like it in red, but then again I don't like mayo on my chips (apparentely this is weird according to the missus):D

Ahhh that's what the expression on her face was at JAE. Yak.. no Mayo!

We have adopted her as the club babe! :lol::lol:

I've owned my IS200 SE from new and I initially ordered it in silver. Then I saw a Top Gear feature on the car 2 weeks later in Aztec Fire - (Lexus speak for that tasty satin red metallic). I rushed to Lexus to change the colour in my order. I'm still chuffed with the car 36 months later.

All nice and polished I don't think there's much out there to touch it!

I'm not sure Lexus still offer this colour as the new ones I've seen since '51 Reg are in tomato red...not as good. Good luck!

I have to say I prefer the new red. The few I have seen look very smart (and they are quite rare which is good). I was never that keen on Aztec Fire (sorry LX!). Go for it!

Chris, What's making you wait till next summer? I assume there isn't much of a waiting list at the moment or is it a case of saving up!

Originally posted by Jimmy Ten Toes

I guess its all down to individual preference. I personnally don't like it in red, but then again I don't like mayo on my chips (apparentely this is weird according to the missus):D

Don't like mayo on your chips? That IS wierd :lol:

Don't see many red IS200s on the road, so go for it! Certainly get you noticed :smilegrin:

Originally posted by sholao

Check the link below for an IS300 in red that belongs to one of our members.

http://www.afd.net/lick/

It speaks for itself!

Thanks Shols!!:lol::lol::lol::D

Red is easy to keep clean, and even looks clean when it is filthy...maybe that's just my bad eyesight...or you could get black and wash your car every other day!!!

If red takes your fancy, go for it!!

it's only your opinion that counts!

My £0.02 is that I do not like the red paint - neither old or new - sorry guys with red cars.

Just not my taste.

But under the paint - it's still an IS, and you're going to get a really good car for the money you pay.

As long as you like it - go for it.

Personnally I liked the Aztec Fire, and it was my second choice after blue.

I'm sure I remember a posting on here suggesting that the Aztec Fires were harder to sell on second hand, but don't let that stop you there's a buyer for everything. Why else would there be all the banana yellow cars you see !!!

Originally posted by ricky_is200

now, now Chris, don't start a fight with djanderso and Lx1!

I think Aztec Fire is a nice colour especially when the sun is shining on it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links