Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Love Affair Is Over !

Well, guys, its time to say goodbye to my much cherished IS200 SE :crybaby: , I new when i bought the car, it was not the most practical car for my families needs, but i can sit back and say i owned a is200 for 16 months B) .

The replacement for the Lexus , will be a Toyota Rav4 XT3 AUTO, a 2004 model in met Blue, the Toyota dealer has taken my IS200 in as P/X, not the best deal in the world ;) , but a convenient one all the same.

I'll let my LOC membership run until it expires, and then upgrade my Silver TOC membership to Gold :) .

Thanks to all you guys that have made me feel welcome, and it was good to see some of you down at the Grasshopper Inn :) .

Not much i can take back off the car, but if anyone is interested in the rubber boot liner for £30.00, i can bring it to a Grasshopper meet, i'll keep the LS400 side repeaters as i think they will fit on the Rav :) .

good luck to the LOC and its members for the future,

Bob :) .

My mum has an 03 Rav4... which you may have seen in my chromed out photochop... it's a lovely car, and i'm sure you'll enjoy it ALMOST as much as the lex... sorry to see you go... just as i'm about to become the owner of an IS200 myself...

see ya round dude...

• 3 weeks later...

Well she has gone, done the P/X deal yesterday, now have a very shiny,Lagoon Blue 3 door RAV4 on the drive, i'll keep i touch, i've found a new home in the RAV4 sub-section of the LOC :D .

gallery_392_179_1119443746.jpg

Well she has gone, done the P/X deal yesterday, now have a very shiny,Lagoon Blue 3 door RAV4 on the drive, i'll keep i touch, i've found a new home in the RAV4 sub-section of the LOC  :D .

gallery_392_179_1119443746.jpg

How do you find the rav 4 more practical for a family than the lex, other than in the mpg area? :huh:

My father swapped 3 door auto RAV4 for a 5 door manual RAV4.... he found a 6-7 mpg difference when going to manual even though the 5 door is bigger / heavier.

Why he swap...getting my 16th month old son in / out the 3 door was killing his back :D (they do sprog sitting 2 days a week)

He just loves the RAV4...also noted that a lot of the switch gear etc are identical to my RX (sttering wheel same apart from badge for instance).

How do you find the rav 4 more practical for a family than the lex, other than in the mpg area?

Exactly my thoughts?

so it wasn`t just me thinking that then--------just looks like you getter a better view in tesco car park :duh:

I can fit my disabled sons wheelchair in the back, and having larger doors, i can also get him in into the passenger seat easier ......next question :angry: .

How do you find the rav 4 more practical for a family than the lex, other than in the mpg area?

Exactly my thoughts?

so it wasn`t just me thinking that then--------just looks like you getter a better view in tesco car park :duh:

I can fit my disabled sons wheelchair in the back, and having larger doors, i can also get him in into the passenger seat easier ......next question :angry: .

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry didn`t have that information from what you`d originally posted,,,had assumed it was just for more shopping!!

interestingly enough my disabled brother has problems in theback of my lex as well, and the boot ain`t that copious so we can`t fit his w/cr in, but he drives a converted picasso, which is where i`m still not clr on the benefits from the Rav4 as it seems tiny in comparison+ only 2 dr-----surely thats a squeeze still?

whack in some int pics so we can have a look, 'cos from the ext shots its difficult to make out the benefits you seem to have got!!

Exactly my thoughts?

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry didn`t have that information from what you`d originally posted,,,had assumed it was just for more shopping!!

interestingly enough my disabled brother has problems in theback of my lex as well, and the boot ain`t that copious so we can`t fit his w/cr in, but he drives a converted picasso, which is where i`m still not clr on the benefits from the Rav4 as it seems tiny in comparison+ only 2 dr-----surely thats a squeeze still?

whack in some int pics so we can have a look, 'cos from the ext shots its difficult to make out the benefits you seem to have got!!

No problem :) , as you can see in the photo above, we also have a VW Transporter van, we have this size van as i have a second son also in a wheelchair, the is200 was p/x for the Rav,as it can be used for small trips out with the younger lad, who is very small and only has a 3/4 size chair, this when folded up fit sideways in the back of the Rav, he can then be sat in a special need car seat, in the front passenger seat.

See page 10 of introductions,for a bit of my background, http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=8859

Exactly my thoughts?

No problem :) , as you can see in the photo above, we also have a VW Transporter van, we have this size van as i have a second son also in a wheelchair, the is200 was p/x for the Rav,as it can be used for small trips out with the younger lad, who is very small and only has a 3/4 size chair, this when folded up fit sideways in the back of the Rav, he can then be sat in a special need car seat, in the front passenger seat.

i think it must be picture perspective, as the rav doesn`t look a lot smaller than the vw!!!!! Obviuosly a completley diff use of space though..............

guess i`d have to see it in the flesh, or one parked next to the IS, 'cos you`re never going to convince me its bigger or easier access :D :D

but then, as you quite rightly allude to, defining one persons accessability needs compared to another is impossible, and what might be right for you and your kids may be a universe away from what my brother would need or want :)

but if thats what you wanted, if it fulfils your familys needs then good for you, you don`t have to waste your time convincing somebody you don`t even know!!! :duh: (ie me!!)

just when you said rav4 for size etc i was expecting something a whole lot bigger :lol:

good discussion though eh?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links