Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Buying An Is300

Im considering selling my IS200 Sport and buying an IS300. Getting a bit fed up with the perfomance of the 200 and want something a bit more powerful. I like everything about my 200 apart from the lack of power on overtaking and hills etc and the clutch/gearbox.

For these reasons, Im starting to think the IS300 would be an ideal replacement having about 55 bhp more and an Automatic gearbox.

Ive seen a few IS300's the same reg as mine, but slightly older and with more miles and 2 dealers have offered me similar deals, being £2000 and my car. My car has 40k and the IS300's have about 80k.

So the question is, is it worth £2000 to have the extra features of the 300 but have to compromise on one with higher mileage.

Both dealers (not lexus dealers) have offered me around £10,000 for mine (2002, IS200 sport, 40k), and theirs are up at £12000.

Would you say this is a good price for mine?

Any thoughts on this appreciated,

Cheers.

You can always fit a supercharger for a little over £2k and that'll give you about the same hp as a 300.

Heh heh heh

You can also put forced air induction on an IS300.....and eat M3's for breakfast :lol::lol::lol:

Very true :P

What BHP does yours put out Andre?

I've got a IS 200 Sport and currently have an IS 300 (SE or Sport the usual tell-tale signs are confusing?) from Lexus while mine is in for warranty work. Long and short of it all is I really want one now, at first I thought I'd hate the auto box, but its bloody nice, I thought there would not be much performance difference, but it is really apparent! My only gripe is it seems to drink a lot more fuel than my 200, but as I was saying to Mike the other day It could be because I'm not used to the Auto box.

Go for it, I'm thinking about it!

You can always fit a supercharger for a little over £2k and that'll give you about the same hp as a 300.

Heh heh heh

You can also put forced air induction on an IS300.....and eat M3's for breakfast :lol::lol::lol:

i use to do that any way Mr M :P well the old M3,s that is............. not the new one,s :whistling:

Heh heh heh

Very true :P

What BHP does yours put out Andre?

I haven't had it tunned yet (still running on a base map). So maybe around 335-345. Once it's tunned I'll have around 370 bhp.

loved our IS200 SE, had it 3 years & swapped for an IS300 - it's like comparing charlotte church & metallica, completely different animals!

drive one & see if you like it...i sure as heck know it's going to be something very special that makes me swap & i'll probably be still driving her in 3 - 4 years time.

I've got a IS 200 Sport and currently have an IS 300 (SE or Sport the usual tell-tale signs are confusing?) from Lexus while mine is in for warranty work. Long and short of it all is I really want one now, at first I thought I'd hate the auto box, but its bloody nice, I thought there would not be much performance difference, but it is really apparent! My only gripe is it seems to drink a lot more fuel than my 200, but as I was saying to Mike the other day It could be because I'm not used to the Auto box.

Go for it, I'm thinking about it!

There are no variants - it's just an IS300.

I switched from an IS200SE last year and I wouldn't go back now!

It's about 2mpg heavier on fuel, but better in every other way (if you like auto, which I do).

It's not a rocket, but is effortlessly quick.

That'll be my confusion then; no sport logos in back quarters and two tone colour on the steering wheel and not on the CD player etc...

Makes it easier! I assume they do the styling kit as a standard option though?

That'll be my confusion then; no sport logos in back quarters and two tone colour on the steering wheel and not on the CD player etc...

Makes it easier! I assume they do the styling kit as a standard option though?

Matt - The IS3 comes with the "Sport" pack as standard - sports logo, 2 tone wheel, rear tints, 15mm lower springs etc. The styling kit is an optional extra though - sports grille, front & rear bumpers and Aero alloys. It's just not called a sport thats all.

Matt - The IS3 comes with the "Sport" pack as standard - sports logo, 2 tone wheel, rear tints, 15mm lower springs etc. The styling kit is an optional extra though - sports grille, front & rear bumpers and Aero alloys. It's just not called a sport thats all.

Sport Pack ? No it doesn't ............ there is no Sport logos in mine mate ?

You do get what you said above ^ ..... plus you get the rear boot spoiler that has the brake light !

Get an IS300 ........... you know you want to :D

You do get what you said above ^ ..... plus you get the rear boot spoiler that has the brake light !

Mine does mate - maybe it's only the later models that have it :question: If I'm correct the IS3 was given a facelift in Oct/Nov 2003

Hmmm strange, I know yours has like the "white" dials ...... mine don't.

However, I didn't think it was a "sport" though still, as Lexus.co.uk don't even list an IS300 Sport ?

Hmmm strange, I know yours has like the "white" dials ...... mine don't.

However, I didn't think it was a "sport" though still, as Lexus.co.uk don't even list an IS300 Sport ?

It's not listed as an IS300 sport - internally and externally the new IS300 I picked up in Dec '03 was virtually identical to the 2002 IS200 Sport I traded in, apart from the engine and the auto tranny.

It's not listed as an IS300 sport - internally and externally the new IS300 I picked up in Dec '03 was virtually identical to the 2002 IS200 Sport I traded in, apart from the engine and the auto tranny.

Have you had a VIN check done on it recently ?

Me thinks an engine transplant was made .......... :lol::lol:

Mine does mate - maybe it's only the later models that have it :question: If I'm correct the IS3 was given a facelift in Oct/Nov 2003

Yep, mines a Sport too.......

Probably onl;y applies to those with the Styling Kit pack from the factory - maybe

I used to run an IS200SE and upgraded for exactly the same reason - needed (ok, wanted) the extra power.

Aside from the extras (full leather, HIDs, auto-dimming mirrors, etc) I think the IS300 feels quieter and more refined - very subjective tho.

AFAIK the IS300 comes in TWO flavours - without satnav and with satnav. That's it.

we had ["we" as in it was the wife's/family car] an IS300 sportcross for two years - only reason we sold was we needed a bigger car for the family.

we'd still have it otherwise - I'm sure you won't be disappointed :driving:

Yep, mines a Sport too.......

Probably onl;y applies to those with the Styling Kit pack from the factory - maybe

OK, so there's a few variations of stickers and stuff, but basically they're all the same - the trim is like a 200 Sport, but there is no "Sport" description for the IS3 because you can't have it any other way.

Two-tone wheel, lowered suspension, rear tints, lip spoiler, alloy pedals etc are all standard fit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links