Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

hi all,

i have been a member for a while but have now got the courage to speak. I didn't want to say anything silly and make a fool of myself. :blush:

i am looking for advice on what the difference is between a lexus gs and the aristo? the aristos seem to have alot more power. i used to own an is200 but now need something bigger and want something with more power.

thankyou all

Aristo is 3 litre twin turbo ............

GS300 is a 3 litre ....... straight six, same engine as that of an IS300.

Both cars are the same shape ....... the Aristo, being the Vertex .... and an import, harder to find !

If you want the bigger car ..... (GS) and power ........ get the Vertex ........ alternativley, get the GS430 :D

And welcome ........... we have all posted stuff and made out selves look silly .... I do it all the time ! :shifty:

GS300 is a 3 litre ....... straight six, same engine as that of an IS300.

Both cars are the same shape ....... the Aristo, being the Vertex .... and an import, harder to find !

If you want the bigger car ..... (GS) and power ........ get the Vertex ........ alternativley, get the GS430  :D

And welcome ........... we have all posted stuff and made out selves look silly .... I do it all the time !  :shifty:

aristo is the toyota /japanese equivalent of the Lexus GS

available with 3.0, 4.0, 4.3 litre n/a engines

also vertex edition with turbos which was only available to Japanese market

:D

not necessarily mate.

The Aristo is the toyota name for the GS - as the Lexus brand does not yet exist in Japan (coming soon).

The main difference between Aristo and GS300 is the trim levels - the Lexus being the "luxury" version can have full leather etc.

There is a vertex version of the artisto which is twin turbo - but not all aristo's are turbod.

Unless you get this twin turbo version - there will not be any real difference in power.

One factor you probably want to consider is the cost of insurance. The GS is group 15 - so not necessarily cheap, and with Aristo's being imports, insurance can be more expensive.

They can also be harder to sell on, with some people being wary of imports.

Some nice models for sale on here - mudz has his up, and its in really good condition

aristo is the toyota /japanese equivalent of the Lexus GS 

available with 3.0, 4.0, 4.3 litre n/a engines

also vertex edition with turbos which was only available to Japanese market

:D

don't think they have done a 4.3l version?

3.0 NA (S300) or 3.0 TT (V300). Series I was also available as a AWD 4.0 NA.

Vertex is a trim level, can be either NA or TT powered.

i meant be a proper member and join the club. would like to go to a few meets and have a look at other members aristos. i used to be a member of a car club before and it was fun.

Not many aristos come to meets mate :ph34r: you are a proper member :o

There will be soon Gord, don't you worry :lol:, in the progress of being put back together now mate :yahoo:

There are a few more members with these MK I Aristo's, hopefully we'll have them back in force again real soon :shifty:

Mush1 - I'm only paying £600 for mine, all mods included. These motors are getting rare as they age, parts are a bit more diffcult to track down but the age and the wait for parts is well worth it.

BR

Paul

The Aristo is the rare one thats the difference ;)

Theres are a lot of differences between UK and JDM cars if I'm being honest theres many spec levels on J-spec cars.

Let me know if you want specific info (post here so others can chip in)

Regards,

Gaz.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links