Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tattoos

wills

Got 4 so far...

The first was 3 lions on my leg. The thing is i think they can become addictive. When you have one you remember how much it hurts but after a while always want another one.

I did agree with not having them where they cant be covered up, but i've now got a large one down the inside of my forearm (can be covered by a jumper)

There is about 5 more that i want at the moment.. Mainly a liverpool one (wanted it for about 4 years, not sure on design yet).

All my tattoos have taken a year or so to make sure the sort of thing i want and where i want it. As others have said they are for life so be sure it what you want. DONT rush into it.

Oh.......and they DO hurt..

As Chris (The Don) says: They all have meaning

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one accross my shoulderblades, done by a guy called Phil Bond and his son Troy, they have a very good name in the industry I believe.

mines random **** that has no meaning to me but I don't regret getting it done. Maybe one day get some more.... MAYBE?!

as for costs of tatts, well the tribal on my left arm went into the £220 mark and the flames on my right arm were in excess of £300.

one thing to remember is healing time, shading work takes the longest to heal due to the number of times the ink is layed in the same place, for example the layering of colours on my flames were built up and up and took over 3 weeks to fully heal where as the black work takes less than 1 week as its a single pass

Nice one, i think ill go for the ladys's eyes on my calf? any objections?

BTW Fargo that design is cool, dont know how big it will turn out?

what do you guys think about having seductive ladys eyes on your leg??

cheers Will

sometime ago i printed that pic out and selotaped it to my back and took a pic too see what it looked like (certainly aitn rushing into it) gallery_2234_97_54854.jpg

i have threee tatts have the makings of a japanese sleeve on my right arm on which i have a dragon the length of my arm and i have a tribal dragon and t'ai chi on my left

Now i was going to have a dragon on my back head and tail going down the spine and the wings across my shoulder blades but when i mentioned it alot of people winced so i changed my mind :D

Next ones are going to be a set of angels wings from my shoulder blades to my thighs

Good thread...i like it...

Well as for me I have three chinese symbols across the base of my back...each one has a very personal meaning for me! The one in the middle over the base of my spine hurt like :tsktsk: ...the tattooist said this is one of the most painful places you can get a tattoo...he laughed and then got stuck in.. :crybaby: ..lol!

As for things going out of fasion...well the chinese language has existed for thousands and thousands of years, and it will be used for thousands and thousands of years to come..so no worries there! :P

In my opinion...tatts with colour are a no no...and sorry to say this but I think the same about tattoo's of your football team!! But each to their own after all!!

I'm actually thinking about getting three more chinese symbols, meaning mum, dad and brother, somewhere on my back but where I haven't decided yet...any suggestions??

lol...ok ok...if your gonna get a tattoo, IMHO, black should be the ONLY colour used...I have a few friends with coloured tatt's and I really don't like them!!

Original designs and things which won't go out of fasion IMHO are the best way forward with tattoos!! And I also agree...don't rush in and pick the first thing you see in the book!!!

The dragon is excellent mate, a quality design!

tat's with colour are a no no eh nelly...  does that include black...lol..

Black is not a colour - it is an absence of colour :blink:

actually its an abundence of colour...... :P when talking in terms of paint (the 3 primary colours)

if of course you were refering to colour in Light terms ie night or day, then yes you would be correct..

tat's with colour are a no no eh nelly...  does that include black...lol..

Black is not a colour - it is an absence of colour :blink:

damn it i was reading through and was going to put that......

Black is the non reflection of light, and therefore an absesence as you put.

i remember having a debate with my art teacher in school about it, about 90% of the class also thought it was a colour but its not in the same way as a tomato is a fruit and not a veg!

black ink though over the years has got so much better, and doesnt fade like the old ones did.

also affecting the intensity of all shades and colours is your skin density and tone combined with the depth at which the needle is set to go in

lol and as i said to professor morse,, black is a colour in when you talk about it in terms of ink, paint etc...

in terms of light then yes it is a nothingness... but then its got a name and this name is in the colour description catagory.... is your glass half full or half empty lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links