Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tattoos

wills

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't currently have any but do want to, just not sure what to go for.

Ideally I'd like what Clooney has in Dusk til Dawn, just puts me off as I don't know how well it would go down at work - people's perceptions et al to visible tattoo's....

Saying that times are changing and nearly every bird has one nowadays!

My arms are covered with them,great talking point when in Asia,they love them there.

Had a friend who was a tatoo artist,used to try out his new needles on me,as he had no space left on his body :D

Got quite a few myself - Chinese dragon designs in black ink.....designed by my 'sis so they are all totally original. I don't have any ink below the elbows though.

Make sure you go to a good studio - I go to see Joey or Martin at Danny's Studio in Sneinton, Nottingham

Love 'em :D

i have a few tattoo's , the most resent being my wifes name on my wedding finger, bit of a pain trying to get someone to tattoo on your hand but glad i got it done, everyone thinks they are sore to get but the closest i can describe the feeling is like sunburn, bit of advice DONT rush in and just pick one just for the sake of having it as you WILL regret it

I'm not against them on other people and they don't offend me. Some designs are fantastic. but I have'nt got one and wouldn't have one.

Personal taste I suppose but I see it as a scar for life.

i have both arms done from above elbow to top of shoulder and one on my chest.

each one has a meaning to me, the tribal design on my left arm was to represent the passing of my father when i was 18 and the flames on my right arm (right handed) are the symbolism of my desire not to be contained as a flame develops and grows through any opertunity it gets.

i have designed each one myself and spend on average 12 months deciding what i want.

if i can give one piece of advise, no names, no slogans, no religious symbols and nothing "faddy".

I have never understood why anyone would want a tatoo.

Something that is in fashion now i.e. various Chineese and far eastern designs may be thought of as crap in 10 years time. What do you do then when it cant be removed.

Also there are the health risks associated with tattoos - why take the risk?

Sorry but just my opinion.

to be honest it is all dependant on your outlook on life, there are those that will stand in the dark and let the world pass by and worry, and there are those that will wear their heart on their sleve and be bold.

as for the healthrisk there are risks with everything, its easy to see if your in a good place, they show you the needles as they remove them from the sealed containers in front of you, everything should be fresh and they also have health register signs n stuff.

a clean place of work is a good sign as well as the heath inspector logos in some windows.

What do you do then when it cant be removed.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion Zoot.

I am not a follower of fashion and do as I please, but I am aware that people with whom I have a business relationship with may not approve of tatts, which is why I don't have any publically visible. So why well bother you ask? - see Chris' (The Don) comments, each one has some personal meaning.

@ Aido, the Dusk 'till Dawn Clooney design is great........i've seen one i love ........ called 'alluring eyes' by some artist....womans upper face obviously.....looks great but where could you have one done that can be hidden (v. important)? thanx for the replies so far...food for thought. :D........must admit i dont like all the celtic stuff personally (arm bands) :sick:

ahem, 1st 'lady' posting on this....

i have a swirly, flowery (but not too big) pattern on the side of my right foot - hurt like hell but i love it, also on top of my left arm, a 2 inch winged serpent type creature - love him too, but think i want to add 'something' to it, not sure what just yet.

i LOVE tattoo's - not too keen on the likes of paddington or tigger being on full view, but somewhere hidden & that's OK!

as already said, each to their own and, i think, as long as they are done professionally, anything goes!

Cant upload pics (i know stoopid pip!!!) or i would show and gain some opinions.

I am a bodybuilder and do have a 15st 6lb muscular physique.

I was toying with the idea of getting my name in roman numerals across my 19" bicep. I think it really looks the dog's bollocks on a muscular physique.

Was gonna get my bird's name somewhere but in this day and age nothing is certain enough.

Enough of women as this is now going :offtopic: and i am getting :tsktsk:

Yep, I got 3 tattoos so far, love them.

Like to show the individuality factor they have - all fairly unique designs and no regrets, really.

First one when I was 18 and have'nt looked back, plan to get some more ink done soon, to fill my arms at least :D

And yes they do show on my forearms and people tend to think I look a bit of a Yob (Skinhead to match :lol:) but sometimes thats a good thing.....

Each to there own etc :D

i had three done when i was sixteen

took about a year till the novelty wore off, and have regretted them ever since

i had one removed, due to it being on show

if you think putting them on hurts, just wait till they try and take them off :crying:

cant stand them on women ! allways reminds me off the type of women i would avoid, (no offense to any lady loccers of course,)

most have them done as a fashion statement, and as we all know how fashion changes

if you are set on having one take chris`s advice, decide what you want and then wait a year, if you still want the exact same thing then fair enough, but 9 times out of 10 you will have changed your mind, remember its too late once its done

to pip no offense mate, but roman numerals being tattood are just a latest fashion fad, and why would you want to put it on something that speaks for itself anyway

and your birds name ! why ... in case you forget it !

got one on my right leg,, had it for about 6 years or so,,, had the pic for 5 years previous and thought that it would make a great tat one day,, pic was from a limited press of a record (500 only) and not a commercial record at that so i know the pic is original.. personally i wil lnot have ANYthing done that is a tattooist's book...

this is my next one which will go on my back...gallery_2234_97_1520.jpg

Nice one, i think ill go for the ladys's eyes on my calf? any objections?

BTW Fargo that design is cool, dont know how big it will turn out?

what do you guys think about having seductive ladys eyes on your leg??

cheers Will

Nice one, i think ill go for the ladys's eyes on my calf? any objections?

BTW Fargo that design is cool, dont know how big it will turn out?

what do you guys think about having seductive ladys eyes on your leg??

cheers Will

sometime ago i printed that pic out and selotaped it to my back and took a pic too see what it looked like (certainly aitn rushing into it) gallery_2234_97_54854.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links