Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oil Catch Tank

Adie

The inlet to the oil catch can is fed from the crank case ventilation, a little pipe that comes out of the cam cover. You will find a pipe already connected to this, pull it off and connect the catch can to here.

Trace the other end of the pipe you pulled off, back to the cold air inlet, connect the outlet of the catch can to here.

The inlet to the oil catch can is fed from the crank case ventilation, a little pipe that comes out of the cam cover. You will find a pipe already connected to this, pull it off and connect the catch can to here.

Trace the other end of the pipe you pulled off, back to the cold air inlet, connect the outlet of the catch can to here.

just like Mr M............ says, on the crank case there is a pipe, fit your catch can in place then fit one pipe from the "CAN" to this pipe on the crank case, then fit the 2nd pipe from the CAN to the air inlet, i fitted my one about 4 or 5" before the Turbo inlet :winky:

Thanks Mike. There's no pipe on there to pull off in the first place. I know where the inlet goes to but its the other end. Would the cold air inlet be different now the turbo's fitted?

Adie...............on top off the crank case there is a pipe that looks like this >> ¬  <<  as you look at the bay it will be faceing away from you,  here is a pic............ :winky: Here it is

Yes mate :D

Its the other end that i need to know where it goes to :question:

Adie...............on top off the crank case there is a pipe that looks like this >> ¬  <<   as you look at the bay it will be faceing away from you,  here is a pic............ :winky: Here it is

you CAN has 2 outlets one for crank case and one for the inlet just before the Turbo this one you have to make a hole in the pipe just befor the Turbo , :winky:

Adie...............on top off the crank case there is a pipe that looks like this >> ¬  <<   as you look at the bay it will be faceing away from you,  here is a pic............ :winky: Here it is

you CAN has 2 outlets one for crank case and one for the inlet just before the Turbo this one you have to make a hole in the pipe just befor the Turbo , :winky:

or stick a little filter on it and vent to the atmosphere

not sure if it would pass the mot with it though

What is it for? Seems worthless to me.... :yawn:

a catch can catches the oil which otherwise is destined for the engine via the intake system, stops the build up of oil residue on turbos/superchargers and intercoolers

also looks good :D

Ah you mean this ugly film/deposit in the inletpiping? My supercharger had done about 60000miles before it was fitted to my car and I cleaned masses of this residue out off the s/c inlet/outlet and bypass...

yep thats why you should have a Catch Tank in place :winky: it stops all that sh;t

I'm a bit dubious with putting a hole into my air intake. So i'm thinking of putting a small filter or gauze on the pipe and clipping it along to one of my air holes with the apexi filter

I'm a bit dubious with putting a hole into my air intake. So i'm thinking of putting a small filter or gauze on the pipe and clipping it along to one of my air holes with the apexi filter

Addie

Just leave the other outlet hole open to atmosphere (not attached to anything)

i would fit a small filter, as on over run vacum can be created which draws dirty air back into the catch can and then into the engine

heres the early set up on the drift car

induction_2.sized.jpg

Edited by Monster-Mat

i would fit a small filter, as on over run vacum can be created which draws dirty air back into the catch can and then into the engine

heres the early set up on the drift car

induction_2.sized.jpg

Thanks Mat. I think thats what i'm going to do something like that as i dont fancy putting a hole into my air intake. Maybe drop it down into one of my vented ducts

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links