Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 To Is300

I know the differnce in specs between them, but can you feel a large improvement in performance between the IS200 and 300? and is the 300 much better?

Also how much do you think i would have to pay for an IS300 with styling kit and sat nav about 2-4years old with average miles, when part exchanging my x reg (2000) is200 se with 30K on clock and mint condition?????

Might be dreaming here but feel like getting a bank loan and getting an IS300 :lol:

The 300 is a fair bit quicker than the 200 but the best part (for me) is how effortless it is.

If your 200 is an auto, there's a huge difference - I had a 200 auto as a courtesy car and I thought it was broken :lol:

I went from 200 to 300.

Will never look back ..... driven a few courtesy IS200's now ... and they feel so underpowered !

Defo go for the IS300 ............. you will be smiling all the time :D

but...but....but.............it's an automatic  :lol:

I just couldnt bring myself to do it!

Why?

Some of the US guys are running some serious boost on the E-shift IS300 which puts anything this side of the pond to shame! :nuke:

The E-shift on the IS300 is easily the best I have experienced on a compact sports....have you actually driven one, now be honest?

but...but....but.............it's an automatic  :duh:

Still pi$$es all over a N/A 200 any day!

but...but....but.............it's an automatic :lol:

Just what is it about a manual gearbox that turns so many of the British on? The IS300 Autobox is fast, quick changing and kickdown is zippy enough for most. It also is pretty good on consumption and reliability. Mind you you have to put up with having both hands available for driving and get used to not doing very much with your left foot. You also have to suffer the shame of relaxing whilst in heavy traffic not to mention the nuisance of cruise control. :yack: :yack: Still, even with all these terrible disadvantages I always go for an Auto, no matter what car I drive. :winky: :winky:

How about if I told you that the E-shift can handle over 300 RWBHP......that's more than enough to eat M3's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.... :winky:

I presume you would need to turbocharge it to get that sort of power :unsure: Very expensive I would think but if speeds your thing, why not? It would frighten me to death though. :blush:

How about if I told you that the E-shift can handle over 300 RWBHP......that's more than enough to eat M3's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.... :winky:

I presume you would need to turbocharge it to get that sort of power :unsure: Very expensive I would think but if speeds your thing, why not? It would frighten me to death though. :blush:

That's correct - FI would be required to output that kind of power. The most powerful NA IS300 outputs 221 RWBHP (but it's a manual :whistling:)

but...but....but.............it's an automatic  :lol:

Why?

Some of the US guys are running some serious boost on the E-shift IS300 which puts anything this side of the pond to shame! :nuke:

The E-shift on the IS300 is easily the best I have experienced on a compact sports....have you actually driven one, now be honest?

It's got nothing to do with the power output of what the boxes can handle, that will never be an issue with me!

I havent driven one, and havent been a passenger in one (lexus). I've driven a bmw automatic, and been a passenger in an alfa 147 selespeed.

I guess it's the british quirk, I like to use the gearbox, plain and simple! It's just more enjoyable for me. I did play with the idea of getting an auto bmw before the lex, literally because of being stuck in london traffic all the time, but I like having pure control over the car, not a gearbox doing things for me :)

swings and roundabouts I guess! :driving: (this graemlin sums it up for me! :D )

Swapped my manual 200 for an auto 300 nearly two years ago and have a smile on my face every time I reach a bit of dual carriageway or have an overtaking opportunity (in Suffolk, the roads aren't so hot). The kick down is responsive and I've never had that feeling that I shouldn't have taken the plunge in a tight spot.

The petrol consumption hurts at times but it's worth it to give a B*W a run for it's money.

Go for it - once you've used the auto, you will not want to go back to a manual ever again.

;) ;) ;)

there is a noticeable difference between the 200 and 300.

however - I found the IS200 to be a better "drive" - difficult to define.

dont know why - but the 200 seemed "nimbler" / 300 more ponderous.

not a huge difference - but I preferred the drive / handling of the IS200 (although came to really dislike the utter lack of power)

Go for it - once you've used the auto, you will not want to go back to a manual ever again.

;)  ;)  ;)

Agreed!

Apart from the lack of performance, the only other part of my IS200 i dislike, is the manual box. I wish i'd of gone for an auto.

I don't find the IS200 auto very refined. The engine is very noisy, seems the stall speed of the torque convertor is just at the wrong rpm range for the engine.

The main reason the stall speed is high is because the engine lacks torque and the transmission is only 4 speed. It does has a nice fast kick down though.

IS300 is much nicer.

Get an IS200 driver to take a ride in a 300 and watch his eyes turn circles.......

Watch an IS200 driver to take a ride in a seriously modified IS300.....and who cums in their pants?  :winky:

I've still not been in one yet :blush: But i'll let you take me for a spin when Black Betty's back Mike.... :winky:

Please :blush:

must say in reply to the auto/manual debate... i prefer driving stick as i feel liek i haev more control over the engine,, as i tend to use the gears also to slow me down... but having an auto along with the tiptronic is nearly as good,, its the extra power that make up for this small loss..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links