Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressure On 17" Bridgestones

33 psi -  hint open drivers door - see that  big yellow  sticker???  that tells u all the info u need to know

but you see all the different answers im getting

Reason for that is 'tyre pressure' is personal :ohmy: Indicated on the door pillar are the 'recommended' pressures, you will need to asses your unique position from the wear and the ride..... by convention 35psi seems to be the 'safe' area.

33 psi -  hint open drivers door - see that  big yellow  sticker???  that tells u all the info u need to know

but you see all the different answers im getting

Reason for that is 'tyre pressure' is personal :ohmy: Indicated on the door pillar are the 'recommended' pressures, you will need to asses your unique position from the wear and the ride..... by convention 35psi seems to be the 'safe' area.

cheers guys

• 1 month later...

Seems like 35 - 38 psi is the right tyre pressure for IS200. But is that the tyre pressure when the tyre is cool or did you guys measure it at the petrol station after driving for some miles ?

Seems like 35 - 38 psi is the right tyre pressure for IS200. But is that the tyre pressure when the tyre is cool or did you guys measure it at the petrol station after driving for some miles ?

After a years study and geometry set-ups a conclusive pressure for the IS200/300/SPORT is 35PSI front and rear, assuming the car is 'stock' any modifications add a personal pressure this is not available for display.

After a years study and geometry set-ups a conclusive pressure for the IS200/300/SPORT is 35PSI front and rear, assuming the car is 'stock' any modifications add a personal pressure this is not available for display.

Hi Tony, would that also be the case for a stock IS 200 Sport (Styling Kit) with the standard 18" Aero alloys? I'm currently running 33PSI.

Hi Tony, would that also be the case for a stock IS 200 Sport (Styling Kit) with the standard 18" Aero alloys? I'm currently running 33PSI.

I would say 'Yes' This year and the 100s of 200/300 set-up and of the 60ish that have come back for the fine-tune the only common area of tyre wear is pressure related, so now i advise 35psi and consider that normal.

Wheel diameter is of no interest relating to pressure tyre width is... the reason is the wider than stock tyre has more surface area and will run hotter, so the initial 33 would soon achieve 35+ unless the tyre is inflated with dry Nitrogen then again it's 33psi.

Tony, those of us running engine mods such as turbo's and superchargers, would the 35psi still apply or would you recommend going a bit higher?

maximum grip is what i'm after.....

Initially stay at 35, with the modifications done on your car there is no real examples to prove otherwise, logic would suggest another 1 or 2 psi but without actually mapping the wear i wouldn't dare suggest it.

I have been very fortunate here by the volume of cars measured, what i have done is selected various cars in various conditions, like 'standard, lowered (fixed drop) coil-overs, wider tyres and so on.... then after the initial fine-tune i invited the owner back for another.... then another (all free) from this a analysis was born hence the 35psi.

I measure the tread depth to 1/100th of a millimetre after each fine-tune and compare again 2000 miles later.. with 35psi and 2000 miles the best result so far is a uniform front (AND) rear wear rate of .4mm.... quite an achievement since the geometry front and rear own different settings.

For what it's worth, I've found that you only have to lose a few psi on the fronts of mine (5 or 6 maybe), and during low speed manouevring (ie. parking, getting out of the drive etc) it feels like the power steering is totally broken. Weird really, the tires don't look especially deflated (although it's difficult to tell with lo-pros)

R

For what it's worth, I've found that you only have to lose a few psi on the fronts of mine (5 or 6 maybe), and during low speed manouevring (ie. parking, getting out of the drive etc) it feels like the power steering is totally broken. Weird really, the tires don't look especially deflated (although it's difficult to tell with lo-pros)

R

Lifes a drag if you are a tyre, if there low...... pump them up! :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links