Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mintex Vs Oem Pads

MrADeveci

What shall I get?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What shall I get?

• Mintex (£31 incl. delivery)
    • OEM Pads (£54 incl. delivery)

I would like to fit some Mintex pads on the front of my Mk1 GS, and poss will also need discs as well this coming service.

Am I right in assuming that the IS200 spec pads and discs also fit the Mk1 GS?

Are the rear discs and pads also the same?, me thinks not but could someone confirm for me.

Thanks

Yeah I'll be going OEM next time, uprated everything this time and to be honest can't really tell the difference!

I read on here how the Mintex pads were better with dust than the standard stuff but my wheels are covered within a couple of days, no different to standard :lol:

For me Mintex are better. Less dust AND the dust is easier to clean. With OEM pads fitted I have had to use a towel after washing to get the rims perfectly clean. With Mintex the rims are already clean after washing.

And I like the stoping performance together with the brembo replacement discs.

Mate...i have the mintex ones on now, but thinking of buying a set of OEM's to put back on the fronts.

I agree with the comments about the dust, but the reason for going back to OEM is because of pad slap I'm getting from where the mintex pads don't fit as tight in the caliper.

Pad slap is basically the pad sliding back and forth in the caliper housing and sometimes its sounds horrible. I modified the springs that hold the pads in the caliper for a more tighter fit, while this improved things a little it is still there....and of course over time the spring will loosen up again.

I know you've bought them now, however you might not get the same problem....just remember that when fitting them to ensure they fit real tight in the caliper! :)

Pad slap is basically the pad sliding back and forth in the caliper housing

Mate, is what your describing the same as a knocking sounds my pads are making? If so then my oem pads which were fitted 6 months ago make the same noise. The dealer has changed the clips twice but hasn't fixed the problem.

Should I try a new set of oem pads?

Sorry for hijacking your forum Scarface, to answer your question I bought mintex for my rears and they seem to be ok (from prolex btw).

Mate, is what your describing the same as a knocking sounds my pads are making? If so then my oem pads which were fitted 6 months ago make the same noise. The dealer has changed the clips twice but hasn't fixed the problem.

Sorry I know it's a little :offtopic: ...

Yes mate...thats the noise...it sounds horrible doesn't it! While the car is parked up, use a screw driver and see if you can slide the pad back and forth in the caliper. If you can thats why your getting the noise...got to be a really snug fit!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links