Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Is200

ManJ H

Hi Guys, I have lowered my IS200 with G-MAX springs, and it only dropped like 10mm!!! And thats from a 35mm kit. It looks like a roller skate now with the 18's on there, I want something that will sit it nice and low, what do you guys recommend???

IMO all the spring kits lower the car less than the spring makers claim.

Get yourself set of coilovers and let the slaming commense.

How much money you got to spend anyways?

Well, jus bought the car a week ago, and was thinking that maybe the Eibach sportline springs may do the trick, what you guys say? Can spend about 200 at the moment...

how long have they been fitted?

they should settle after 200mls or so!

thats what i was hoping for, but after a hopefull 600 miles, no lower :(

Well, jus bought the car a week ago, and was thinking that maybe the Eibach sportline springs may do the trick, what you guys say? Can spend about 200 at the moment...

how long have they been fitted?

they should settle after 200mls or so!

thats what i was hoping for, but after a hopefull 600 miles, no lower :(

There some springs for sale in the group buy section

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=29163

matt said there pretty good, and there bloomin cheap

Mr Singh their is always an exception to the rule.... and your exception to the rule is 12" down!

Nuff said :winky:

well thats not true.

all springs made in germany, or carry german TUV approval Therefore regardless of country of origin have to do exactly as they say they do, under TUV testing every element is tested, and the unit itself is tested on the platform it is to be used.

so under german law if the springs are tested and stamped for approval on a is200 with chassis number range xyz, you will not get the cars papers stamped for approval with the springs fitted if the chassis number is XYY.

so its a bit of a sweeping statement.

i understand that the G-Max springs are made in Holland and come with TUV approval, and are supposed to lower the car 30mm, which leaves 3 questions, 1, which ive already suggested, that there incorectly fitted. 2, they are doing as there supposed to do, as in lowering the car 30mm. or 3, there not G-Max springs, but someone has decided to copy the packaging or a fairly unknown brand that makes springs that lower the car only 10mm, to make very minimum profit..... i recon option 1 or 2

Edited by Monster-Mat

What model/year IS have you got, is it a Sport?

If it is a Sport it was already -25mm compared to the other models that the drop is measured against. So if you put a set of -35mm springs on it would only go down another 10mm. Like Mat says they are probably doing exactly what it says on the box.

Is that the same for the Altezza?....mine looks slightly lower than a normal IS but i thought it was just because of the skirts.......

I think the RS200 has the same springs as the Sport. The thing to look at is the gap between the tyre and the wheel arch, assuming you have the standard 17" wheels of course.

Yep, five spoke standard "sport" alloys ( which are really beautiful up close)......215/45/17.......how big (mm) should the gap befor a normal car.......?

Thanks

Not that easy and no definite answer to that one! Have a read of THIS

Mat your right, i just don't think much of lowering springs. I've seen several mates cars with spring kits and the drop was lame and not what they expected..

I think there are some -50/60mm spring kits in the US for the IS300, those gave a drop that was alot more noticeable. Depends if your doing it for looks or looks/comfort or looks/performance.

• 1 month later...

I lowered my '99 (T) IS200 sport with Spax springs -35mm, noticable drop mainly on the rear as that did seem to sit a little high, Now sits level all round which i was after...having strut bar issues now tho'

I lowered my '99 (T) IS200 sport with Spax springs -35mm, noticable drop mainly on the rear as that did seem to sit a little high, Now sits level all round which i was after...having strut bar issues now tho'

'Strut bar issues' why whats wrong?

'Strut bar issues' why whats wrong?

perhaps he meant chassis brace? :tomato:

Hello

Before i start this is your warning!

Got an oval cusco rear strut brace, no prob's their, got a oval cusco front strut brace (2 point), standard fitment it pushes down on the airbox (standard airbox) i got a shim made up and now it sits about 1 to 2mm above the airbox, which is what i want...so now i get no vibration which is good!

only thing with that is its now affecting the bonnet, closes ok but when i pop the bonnet it just bounces up a bit quicker...am thinking that it may be putting unwanted stress on the bonnet catch?

Have emailed Prolex to try and find out about an induction kit, (prolex's own one) to see if thats smaller than the original airbox and so i can bring the strut brace down to its original height.

Then aswell I want to know exactly what im getting, eg, do i need an oil breather, how easy to fit, do i need to get the car tuned afterwards, is the filter reusable like K&N type...they use Apexi...i think?

Now it was your fault, you asked!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links