Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

that is fantastic first TDI break 300 bhp then in one swoop break 400 BHP

but adie you deserve this mate you have had some dark days but all the fun is ahead

my car is crazy lord knows what yours will be like

me thinks its time to call that magazine joe clifford and get a feature

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car is very strong Adie, we've now finished all of the full throttle work and the last run measured exactly 350bhp @ the hubs. So assuming a transimission loss of 20% that equates to 420bhp flywheel with 372ft/lb's of torque, very impressive indeed, well done :)

We've spent most of this afternoon improving and flatterning the torque curve in order to make the car as drivable as possable in the real world, the power delivery is still quite peaky as you might expect when using a turbo of this size but still producing well over 140bhp off boost will make this car pretty driver friendly.

Adie m8

Thats one hell of a fecking Monster you have there :D

Bet your well pleased, missed the fecking Dyno run though :(

Try get some video up here i wanna here it purring :D

Glad its finally done

Dave aka Bulldog

grats on the new baby . 420 thats reely something . i hope she brings many years of enjoyment . got a name for her yet ?

Cheers mate. As for name yeah, pain in the arse :lol:

Also the pipercross induction has also been removed. Its was mapped with out and when reinstalled was found it lost 280bhp because the air feed pipe was sqaushed.

That's mega fella, bet you're well happy with that!

Can't even imagine what that bad boy is gonna be like, mine's quick enough, must be running similar torque and this thing shifts, yours is 200kg lighter so fecking hell it's gonna be mental :D

Can't wait to see it now!

Also the pipercross induction has also been removed. Its was mapped with out and when reinstalled was found it lost 280bhp because the air feed pipe was sqaushed.

lost 280bhp !!! are you sure :o

fantastic what your car has obtained

all credit to you and TDI :D

lost 280bhp !!! are you sure :o

fantastic what your car has obtained

all credit to you and TDI :D

Hasnt this got to be the most powerful IS200 engines or is there some crazy cats in japan or Oz that have got more out of it ????

Sorry to let you down guys the figures were incorrect :blush:

Final Figures:

350 bhp @ hubs --- around 420 bhp @ flywheel :winky: :D

Nice one Ad about time you had your car up and running :D ...........not bad power out put for a 1G-FE :winky: lets hope it lasts alot longer this time. Than the last time.......you got it back!

How's the gearbox takeing that power, is it all ok.........@TDI how much more power do you think the IS box can take? what did it fill like when you was mapping it?

Not sure yet..

After 2 small fires in the engine bay due to cables being too close to the new down pipe and alot of unforseen heating issues from the work I had carried out by the other garage just before Christmas. The cables were moved and properly insulated by TDI before the mapping was carried out.

Figures were posted above which made it all worth while and everything was hunky dory...

Untill..

The car broke down whilst on the road test yesterday. Coolant everywhere and 5 broken spark plugs.. The head is being taken off to see what's happened..

I think that engine has been apart more times than a ho's legs. :yawn:

Not sure yet..

After 2 small fires in the engine bay due to cables being too close to the new down pipe and alot of unforseen heating issues from the work I had carried out by the other garage just before Christmas. The cables were moved and properly insulated by TDI before the mapping was carried out.

Figures were posted above which made it all worth while and everything was hunky dory...

Untill..

The car broke down whilst on the road test yesterday. Coolant everywhere and 5 broken spark plugs.. The head is being taken off to see what's happened..

O no thats not great news but hopefully that will be quicly sorted. do they know the cause of the problem yet ????

Not sure yet..

Untill..

:crying: man thats not good , 5 broken plugs.............hope its not to bad mate.......who's doing the work now!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links