Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Calipers Painted Atlast!

P38Aaron

Hello.

Posted a while a go for ideas of what colour to do my calipers, I have finally got round to doing them.

I mixed Hammerite, copper and red and this is the outcome.

DSC00259.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions it was a great help.

painted mine in a day & dried over night...going to do the hubs next week...satin black and Decal at the same time.

nice shade of red not to 'look at me' as bright red.got my hubs satin black and looks good :D

painted mine in a day & dried over night...going to do the hubs next week...satin black and Decal at the same time.

nice shade of red not to 'look at me' as bright red.got my hubs satin black and looks good :D

Did you spray them or paint them with a small brush?looks a nice smooth finish!

Did you spray them or paint them with a small brush?looks a nice smooth finish!

Painted with a brush.

The paints are hammerite copper hammered finish and hammerite red smooth.

Up close with the right light you can see the copper shine...a bit different

here a pic of mine in in your face red :D , the pics dont do it justice as its taken from my phone.

since this pic was taken ive added Lexus decals and painted my drums black so it looks even better.

dsc001403at.jpg

i just did it all mate, thought i may aswel as you only see a small area of it, ill take an updated pic at the weekend. i just used hammerite smooth black, i was a bit sceptical at first to use hammerite as it leaves a glossy finnish, but it wasnt as bad as i thought as you see very little anyway.

it looks a lot better than rust! :hehe:

did you alow the paint to dry and harden fully?

when i did the hus on a previous car i stupidly put the wheel back on when they were wet and few weeks later it was stuck. :blush:

Painted my calipers yesterday with smooth Hammerite Silver, and sprayed the hubs front & rear with Matt Black heat resistant paint, as per the Caliper Painting Thread (very useful!!). ;)

..........Giving them a couple of days before the Black decals go on the calipers, then I'll get a pic, look great behind the TTE Chicanes, not too in yer face, another simple mod that anyone can do.

Keith B)

Couple of pics of the added decals, I'll get some with the TTE Chicanes on tonight and post later:

147432729.jpg

147432731.jpg

147432732.jpg

147432733.jpg

The marks on the hubs are obviously from the alloys when tightened up, however these don't show when the wheels are on

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
I like them, they do look good!

havnt got round to putting my decals on yet

I heard cheap and good looking mod so i want :lol: so how easy is this? Pop the wheel off and get some special paint and just paint on with a brush? Or is it a bit more technical, what is a hub as u can tell I have no idea about this sort of thing...lol

I like them, they do look good!

havnt got round to putting my decals on yet

I heard cheap and good looking mod so i want :lol: so how easy is this? Pop the wheel off and get some special paint and just paint on with a brush? Or is it a bit more technical, what is a hub as u can tell I have no idea about this sort of thing...lol

ha my knowledge was about as good as yours but it really is as simple as you say, apart from give the callipers a good scrub down with a wire brush first and give them a quick wash, then you simply paint.

the hub is the circular bit that sticks out from the brake disk as you can see in the pic, where the nuts are sticking out, if that makes any sense :hehe:

yeah im doing mine postbox red this weekend,i was wondering the same thing bout the lacquer,does it give a better look or do most not bother with it?

Yeah the laquer gives the calipers a bit more of a shine. Also helps to protect the decals. If you're doing it then spray some laquer on too :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links