Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

Hey Bazza...like Mat said, just butt out and leave it to Nico and Prolex

Take your own issues with Prolex to a new thread

Morse: I give you 6 months, 6 months, til you have a thread of your own like this. How long time has your car been away, mate? Not asking to harass you, but to know the facts. If you get your car back with this many errors after half a year (or more), you will be upset, mate.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morse: I give you 6 months, 6 months, til you have a thread of your own like this. How long time has your car been away, mate? Not asking to harass you, but to know the facts. If you get your car back with this many errors after half a year (or more), you will be upset, mate.

If it ever happens that I am unhappy with the result of my conversion, I will deal with it in my own sweet way.

And I can assure you that it won't degenerate into a pathetic slanging match as in your own case.

Edited by Bazza

If it ever happens that I am unhappy with the result of my conversion, I will deal with it in my own sweet way.

And I can assure you that it won't degenerate into a pathetic slanging match as in your own case.

Oh......and who the F**K are YOU to give ME 6 months? Get a life!

Yes, I have also dealt with it in my way, I tried talking to Dave for 5 months, calling, mailing, sms'ing. Nothing helps. If you can't take a warning, I will have to tell you "I told you so" when everything goes wrong.

Oh... and I am the one that has gone through it the hard way to give YOU 6 months. Get a clue!

Mike your situation is different completly you dont need the car, you dont live in Norway etc etc i think barry post is a good sudjestion as its not Nico's fault he should be given option to fit him although im not saying Daves arent fair, like barry said 7 days to do all that work again when it should have been sorted before it left.

Just seen what Barry edited and Mike grow up i thought u said you where never coming back to this forum again after your period you had a few months ago and set up your own forum if its doing so well stay on it

sorry to go :offtopic: but fuc k me

Mike your situation is different completly you dont need the car, you dont live in Norway etc etc i think barry post is a good sudjestion as its not Nico's fault he should be given option to fit him although im not saying Daves arent fair, like barry said 7 days to do all that work again when it should have been sorted before it left.

Just seen what Barry edited and Mike grow up i thought u said you where never coming back to this forum again after you period you had a few months ago and set up your own forum if its doing so well stay on it

I did say some while ago that Nico dictated the collection of the car against our advice. To get it done the techie worked until 1 am on saturday then from 10 am on Sunday to 11 am that same night.............would any other company have done that when they had told the customer not to come until the car was ready for collection ? Think not..........

Despite this it would have been ready on saturday if the clutch had not started to go which caused the delay. Customer was advised to fit uprated clutch but chose not to

I feel the niggling faults would have been discovered on a test drive which was,despite what Nico says, denied to us.

Just seen what Barry edited and Mike grow up i thought u said you where never coming back to this forum again after you period you had a few months ago and set up your own forum if its doing so well stay on it

I did say some while ago that Nico dictated the collection of the car against our advice. To get it done the techie worked until 1 am on saturday then from 10 am on Sunday to 11 am that same night.............would any other company have done that when they had told the customer not to come until the car was ready for collection ? Think not..........

Despite this it would have been ready on saturday if the clutch had not started to go which caused the delay. Customer was advised to fit uprated clutch but chose not to

I feel the niggling faults would have been discovered on a test drive which was,despite what Nico says, denied to us.

Dave, on no more than 3 points are you wrong here. You are very right when saying that Tony worked like hell the last two days. I don't think he worked as hard the other 180 days my car was in your posession.

The part where you are wrong then:

1. Any other company would have had the car done MUCH earlier than that.

2. I have emails saying that if I ride the clutch gently I will not have to change it at once, however riding it hard will provoce an early change. Has my car been ridden hard while in your posession?

3. I was told that the car would be done on the dyno by Tuesday, however I told Tony that I would book a late flight to ensure that you had enough time to finish it.

I also said that I could gladly take the car somewhere else to have it finished, I was then told that it DEFINATELY would be finished on Saturday. Is this wrong, Dave?

actually..

4. I did not deny anybody a test-drive, Dave. Time was running out for me to catch the ferry, and bot you and Tony told me that the brakes were bedded in and the car had been tested.

Edit:

Dave, how can you say these things with such nonchalance when you weren't there when I left the garage? I was not told that a test-drive was needed.

I want to say something to all of you guys here, those who support me and those who don't:

I am a very easy customer to deal with. Remember I actually payed the full amount that was agreed UP FRONT, as Dave requested it to speed things up. I am also the worst customer to hassle about with, as I know that I have rights as do everybody else! I would NEVER complain about a service delivered to me if there was not anything wrong, and I want those of you who doubt my story to tell me that (even in PM, if wanted). I might have taken this public too soon, however I don't feel that 6 months in to the prosess is soon at all.

Dave, on no more than 3 points are you wrong here. You are very right when saying that Tony worked like hell the last two days. I don't think he worked as hard the other 180 days my car was in your posession.

2. I have emails saying that if I ride the clutch gently I will not have to change it at once, however riding it hard will provoce an early change. Has my car been ridden hard while in your posession?

3. I was told that the car would be done on the dyno by Tuesday, however I told Tony that I would book a late flight to ensure that you had enough time to finish it.

I also said that I could gladly take the car somewhere else to have it finished, I was then told that it DEFINATELY would be finished on Saturday. Is this wrong, Dave?

actually..

4. I did not deny anybody a test-drive, Dave. Time was running out for me to catch the ferry, and bot you and Tony told me that the brakes were bedded in and the car had been tested.

Edit:

Dave, how can you say these things with such nonchalance when you weren't there when I left the garage? I was not told that a test-drive was needed.

I want to say something to all of you guys here, those who support me and those who don't:

I am a very easy customer to deal with. Remember I actually payed the full amount that was agreed UP FRONT, as Dave requested it to speed things up. I am also the worst customer to hassle about with, as I know that I have rights as do everybody else! I would NEVER complain about a service delivered to me if there was not anything wrong, and I want those of you who doubt my story to tell me that (even in PM, if wanted). I might have taken this public too soon, however I don't feel that 6 months in to the prosess is soon at all.

Nico,

The options are there for you to decide. We can argue for the next 12 months about who said what ....you will not benefit nor will I. Decide on option 1 or 2 we can move forward.

If you dont want to do that theres nothing much else I can do.

As Mat alluded to above you seem to be getting a lot of advice from people who are a long way away who dont know the full story....I've made my offers which are straightforward and easy to understand.

I look forward to your email/pm/post stating what option you want to take

But I have sent you emails and I can honestly say that I am not happy with the replies I am getting from you.

What can make you unhappy when I have agreed to put right any faults you have found ?

I'd also remind you that in recognition of the extra time taken on the project you received an uprated SFS engine hose kit,hood struts,carbon fibre rad panel,hotel accommodation,ferry fare and collection from Stanstead airport.

Can't grumble at that....

actually..

Edit:

Nico,

The options are there for you to decide. We can argue for the next 12 months about who said what ....you will not benefit nor will I. Decide on option 1 or 2 we can move forward.

If you dont want to do that theres nothing much else I can do.

As Mat alluded to above you seem to be getting a lot of advice from people who are a long way away who dont know the full story....I've made my offers which are straightforward and easy to understand.

I look forward to your email/pm/post stating what option you want to take

Hi, Dave. It is best that you send the stuff here, as it will be hard for me to get to you. Driving without the binnacle isn't possible, is it?

Found out about the TRC-light flashing. The cars managment tells the TRC that something is wrong and that it shall not interfere. That is because the engine managment light is on. The Camcon does produce a warning for the valvetiming as well. When the fix for the engine managment light is in place the TRC will start working again.

The Camcon does produce a warning for the valvetiming as well. When the fix for the engine managment light is in place the TRC will start working again.

The CamCon should not cause a CEL, well mine don't anyway.

Nico,

won't you need a Dyno to test everything if Prolex send you the stuff over? :question:

Hi, mate! I don't think so. No need for dynotesting the brakes, eh? :) And the other bits and bobs are not connected to the engine directly. Would like to say that the engine seems to be working fine, except for a couple of sudden judders on low revs.

The Camcon does produce a warning for the valvetiming as well. When the fix for the engine managment light is in place the TRC will start working again.

The CamCon should not cause a CEL, well mine don't anyway.

The camcon isn't, the lack of a cat is. The camcon is issuing a warning in the Lexus-supplied software when you connect a computer to it.

Nico in all honesty get the car back to him. It seems you are eager to patch up an already questionable job. You just dont do it as you will have no legal comeback once you begin tampering.

You are really playing with fire if it ***** up thereafter.

I understand that it is difficult for you to journey back and with work commitments etc but i would do so if the work has amounted to what it has done.

I can see this going badly wrong if you undertake the work yourself.

The camcon shouldn't throw on any lights at all. Unless the car has been poorly mapped :unsure: This could also be causing the judder in lower revs - mapping.

The CEL will be because you have no cat fitted. I still have the same problem as I think Daz still does too. This is because nobody has yet found a long term solution for it. This could and is probably also causing the TRC button to flash on and off. Again I had the same problem as I think Daz too. Mine was reading a problem with the MAP sensor. Which has now been changed to a HKS one and problem solved.

However I do still get the CEL pop on now and again. Especially on a really hot day or long distance driving.

i dont really wish to but in but it bugs me to see this stuff going on.

from what i gather nico doesnt have the money to come back over?

he owes you money because the job isnt complete?

surely the answer would be that prolex pay for him to come back over (by means of sending tickets or suchlike) and then nico gives you the remaining balance on completion?

from an outsiders view it does seem to me imo that prolex havent completed the job correctly and nico is well within his rights to hold some money back, and if prolex are offering to pay to have nico and the car back over then that is nothing to do with the remaining balance!

but imo, ive dealt with a company when i had my del sol repaired that absolutely botched it right up. i couldnt even bare to let them get there hands on it again. i took it as a lesson learnt from that experiance and will be getting another company to fix the problems they caused.

sorry if ive annoyed anyone with these comments but it is a public forum and it does say that i can post a reply.

i dont really wish to but in but it bugs me to see this stuff going on.

from what i gather nico doesnt have the money to come back over?

he owes you money because the job isnt complete?

surely the answer would be that prolex pay for him to come back over (by means of sending tickets or suchlike) and then nico gives you the remaining balance on completion?

from an outsiders view it does seem to me imo that prolex havent completed the job correctly and nico is well within his rights to hold some money back, and if prolex are offering to pay to have nico and the car back over then that is nothing to do with the remaining balance!

but imo, ive dealt with a company when i had my del sol repaired that absolutely botched it right up. i couldnt even bare to let them get there hands on it again. i took it as a lesson learnt from that experiance and will be getting another company to fix the problems they caused.

sorry if ive annoyed anyone with these comments but it is a public forum and it does say that i can post a reply.

i think you have given a fair opinion

i also was in the predicament where i refused to let a company near my car again, and had to have further works carried out at my cost :angry:

if Nico is in the mind to allow his car to return to prolex then i believe prolex should accept all costs of getting the car returned, i dont think the fact that Nico is in Norway should matter, as it didnt seem to matter when the job was accepted and quoted for, from what i believe i have read, this is what prolex are offering, although Nico`s time involved appears to be at his own cost

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links