Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gone South......is300

Black Betty headed off down South today, for what will be probably the most awesome conversion ever attempted (this side of the Atlantic) and the most reliably powerful IS in Europe :blink:

Lots and lots of new extra goodies too........but nothing will be revealed until the project is through! :winky:

what makes you say the most reliable.....ive had no relability problems

but...good luck, will be a promising conversion....been a long time coming, so are you swapping blocks to a gte...?

Edited by Monster-Mat

What kind of time scales are we looking Mike ......... Im excited ! :D B)

It's not going to be an in-and-out project.......this is the first conversion of it's type to happen in Europe and lessons will have to be learned throughout the project.....Don't expect anything to happen soon!

All I will say is that we have planned this project for several months now; the modifications are plausible, the parts have been sourced, so now we get on and bring the project to fruition.

I don't care if we miss JAE and the later Jap shows, this baby is going to be a revalation and her performance wil speak for herself..... :D

3 years,,, errrr i mean.......lol sorry couldnt resist that one....

good luck morsypoos,,, this one will certainly be damn fly...

But mike .... a GS300 Turbo conversion has been carried out previously in the UK ? It's similar no ......... ?

I'm sworn to secrecy :ph34r:

But she'll kill a tubbied GS :D

3 years,,, errrr i mean.......lol sorry couldnt resist that one....

good luck morsypoos,,, this one will certainly be damn fly...

May be some subbie work in this for you.......If you're a good lad and keep off the weed! :lol:

I know, I know :P

Are you currently out of the country Mike?

I'm working in Lincoln at the mo - may have to pop across for a beer and a scruffy's.

Watched the football with Vinokirk the other day - just didn't realise it was him until afterwards - damn I'm a numpty :yawn:

• 3 weeks later...
saw the car today minus one wheel at Hi-Spec in dartford, new brakes i assume!!!

It will need some stopping power :D

I heard some good and bad things about Hi-Spec, more bad than good :unsure:

saw the car today minus one wheel at Hi-Spec in dartford, new brakes i assume!!!

I've heard good things about them....Ken from TOC got them to make up a BBK for his Avensis and they look the part. Ken was also pleased with there work.

Its true about all suppliers/products though ..... you get good reports/bad reports in the end the joys of a free market :tomato:

I've heard good things about them....Ken from TOC got them to make up a BBK for his Avensis and they look the part. Ken was also pleased with there work.

Its true about all suppliers/products though ..... you get good reports/bad reports in the end the joys of a free market :tomato:

true about good and bad reports, ive heard some pretty bad reports, mostly due to time frames and lack of aftermarket support, hopefully mike wont be one of those bad reports

:whistling: Nice one mike can not wait to see this when its done..............this is going to so dam quick, you only have to look at the ones in the US, if comes out better then any off them :D

lets know how it all gos mate :winky:

Thamks for the words of support guys.......this conversion is really going to be something special!

It's not just about the huge power potential of the C38, we've also spent a great deal of time in looking at all the aspects of putting that power down on the blacktop and then getting her to stop on a sixpence :D

In addition, there will be some quite subtle cosmetic modifications but to all intents and purposes she won't look a whole load different externally......we'll just let the ponies do the talking :winky:

No blogs, no half finished work photos, no press leaks......all will be revealed in the coming months

why no build progression shots mike, its a good way of keeping people interested, certainly worked for the Monster Build

Didn't mean it to come across like that Mat......there will be plenty of pics of the work as it progresses, which will be made public upon completion of the project. It's not that we want to share this with folks, just that "work in progress" tends to attract negativity from some quarters of the community which we want to avoid. There will be plenty of opportunity for comments (and criticism) once the project is completed.

why no build progression shots mike, its a good way of keeping people interested, certainly worked for the Monster Build

Didn't mean it to come across like that Mat......there will be plenty of pics of the work as it progresses, which will be made public upon completion of the project. It's not that we want to share this with folks, just that "work in progress" tends to attract negativity from some quarters of the community which we want to avoid. There will be plenty of opportunity for comments (and criticism) once the project is completed.

i like what your doing but like mat said if you put picsup work in progress keeps the interest up plus some of that negativity who ever it is from may have pluses in it and get you thinking i think all worked out plans how ever acurate can be added on by others just a thougt will be nice to see the outcome

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links