Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Additional Driver...

Huggy...

Seeking a good insurance quote, the most attractive option so far is becoming an additional driver on my father's insurance... even though I have 6 years NCB of my own... the total we pay is around £530; as opposed to me paying £750 on my own...

As I am younger, I wouldnt want my father being penalised, even though the NCB will be protected. I am a safe driver, its the others I am worried about...!!!

What is your advice peeps...

Try the following!

Elephant / Admiral / budget / - I find to be very cheap in past

Confused.com

Quoteline Direct (underwritten by AXA) - Gave me a quote of £549 and im 27 with 1 Yr NCB

A Plan Insurance - Quoted me £530 and they are really good ( 01635521818 Speak to Leo Paritakar )

My renewel is on 7/11/06 and im gonna go with A plan as they were easily £150 cheaper then the rest barring quoteline direct!

I pay £800 for mine with all my mods declared....S/C, exhaust, coilovers, bodykit, rims...etc etc and thats with Adrian Flux.

When I was getting the quote I asked about whether it would be worth having my dad on the policy and he checked with and without for me...turned out cheaper to have the policy on my own...just be upfront and ask which will work out cheaper, your not doing anything illegal in that respect!

I would try Admiral first off as I've just moved over to them - insurance in my name with zero no claims was cheaper than in my mum's name with me as a named driver with full no claims :o

Otherwise insure as a named driver on your dad's policy, but do it with Directline so you still earn no claims discount :winky:

If you are a named driver on another person's policy you should not be the main user of the car. The insurance companies are trying to clamp down on the practice of insuring the child's car in a parent's name with the child as named driver, so they would probably look very carefully at any claim, and you might find yourself uninsured.

I use Privilege who guranatee to beat your renewal quote if you have 4+ years NCD. I found them considerably cheaper then anyone else and I tired about 10 companies. Fill in the online quote at www.privilege.co.uk and see how much. There is an online discount too. :D

Hi

I would try Direct Line as mentioned above as you will still earn no claims as a named driver on another persons policy.

Confused.com is owned by the Admiral insurance group so it will be biased to Admiral, elephant, diamond etc.

Check the companies small print and you will be surprised how many are underwritten by the larger insurance companies.

Seeking a good insurance quote, the most attractive option so far is becoming an additional driver on my father's insurance... even though I have 6 years NCB of my own... the total we pay is around £530; as opposed to me paying £750 on my own...

As I am younger, I wouldnt want my father being penalised, even though the NCB will be protected. I am a safe driver, its the others I am worried about...!!!

What is your advice peeps...

My first quote was 750 ROBBING :tsktsk:

me and the wife went to admiral and got a multicar policy and got both cars insured for both of us for £500.

I use Privilege who guranatee to beat your renewal quote if you have 4+ years NCD. I found them considerably cheaper then anyone else and I tired about 10 companies. Fill in the online quote at www.privilege.co.uk and see how much. There is an online discount too. :D

I agree last year i had my 51/02 IS200Sport with Privilege and i was way cheaper than anyone else, the last quote was with 4 years NCB £470.00 fully comp. But the excesses were quite high and benefits were not great.

I have switched to Lexus Insurance (Royal & Sun Alliance) and now get fully comp on a new IS250MM Auto for £648.00 but the excesses are low and benefits much better.

Infinity.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links