Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo

which lexus dealer are you going to apply for?

oh and did u get the main structural box section welded back together after you hacked the piece out of it?

For the brighton and hove one fella. TDi will be rewelding the box section when it goes up.

Got the FCON v Pro through the other day (thanks elexes) so now just need the injectors and the bits from matt and its all ready for fitting and mapping :)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh and did u get the main structural box section welded back together after you hacked the piece out of it?

For the brighton and hove one fella. TDi will be rewelding the box section when it goes up.

Got the FCON v Pro through the other day (thanks elexes) so now just need the injectors and the bits from matt and its all ready for fitting and mapping :)

Nearly there then mate. Bet you cant wait :)

Yup not looking forward to the bill from TDi tho but i suppose i gotta bit the built sooner or later.

hows yours going adie are they having to rebuilt the whole top end ???

Yup not looking forward to the bill from TDi tho but i suppose i gotta bit the built sooner or later.

hows yours going adie are they having to rebuilt the whole top end ???

Still waitng on the independant guys report, should be this week. Then the fun starts :crybaby:

Hey guys jsut thinking as i'll be (fingers crossed) finishing in the next weekend or so what is the best oil for turbo'd IS are any of you guys using anything special or just normal 5-40 or is it 10-40 ????

Any help would be great cheers.

I used to use Castrol Magnatec 5w30 which is what the dealer used to give me.

I have changed the oil and filters on Sat and put Castrol RS 0w40 now.

Hey guys jsut thinking as i'll be (fingers crossed) finishing in the next weekend or so what is the best oil for turbo'd IS are any of you guys using anything special or just normal 5-40 or is it 10-40 ????

Any help would be great cheers.

I used to use Castrol Magnatec 5w30 which is what the dealer used to give me.

I have changed the oil and filters on Sat and put Castrol RS 0w40 now.

Cool cheers yemgi :) notices any difference ?? i dont suppose u would really.

Hows the car running fella ???

how much were them hks coilovers and were did u source them from thanks :)

Got a super special deal from TDi as they were the last set they had.

I believe that HKS arent shipping suspension to europe anymore due to tein under cutting prices (this is what i have been told)

Can get tein flex which are pretty good or basics if you on a budget

• 5 weeks later...

Well today got a hire van and trailer and took the car the TDi for the welding and FCON fueling etc etc.

Never driven a van before let alone a big arse van with a massive trailer on the back, was a steep and quick learning curve, revserving was a big no no LoL

She was a big mo fo

090520071478.jpg

090520071479.jpg

New rear lights on as well

090520071480.jpg

Up at TDi it seems that everyone from here is up there Adies car, matts and Barrys now mine and Daves just left a few days ago lol

Barry's little rocket, still havin some teathing problems aparently but figures i herd where good

090520071484.jpg

fast and furious styled lap top on passenger seat :lol:

090520071485.jpg

Herd her ticking over for a few mins and shes bloooooomin loud lol

090520071483.jpg

Matts beast, didnt get one of the front bumper but it deffo needs to be changed lol

090520071487.jpg

The 2 poorly cars needed to be fixed lol, do like the front bumper on it Adie first time ive seen it in the flesh

090520071486.jpg

Hopefully get the car back in a few weeks and i cant wait :D

Matts beast, didnt get one of the front bumper but it deffo needs to be changed lol

090520071487.jpg

function over Form............ ;) why pay for expensive fibreglass bumpers if there going to get damaged more often than not

oem plastic bumpers are cheap as chips

Blooming heck mate what's that massive intercooler you've got on the front there?!

I was past Lakeside earlier, probably passed you at some point as we were in Croydon!

Bet you can't wait :D

function over Form............ ;) why pay for expensive fibreglass bumpers if there going to get damaged more often than not

oem plastic bumpers are cheap as chips

I do agree but drifting is also alot about style, you've got enough fingers in enough pies to get some one to make you up some cheap but also good looking bumpers ;)

Blooming heck mate what's that massive intercooler you've got on the front there?!

I was past Lakeside earlier, probably passed you at some point as we were in Croydon!

Bet you can't wait :D

Hopefully it works as good as it looks :) had big issue with old turbo oil coming out of it all over the place sent it off to get fixed and the whole thing was shot it was a T25 roller bearing turbo they said it was cheaper to get new one so went for T28 as they said fittings are very similar now need to see if TDi think it will be possible to get it together, if not i have to send T28 back and get a new T25 which is cheaper so im not to fused lol Didnt really have the time and tools to get the thing running but hoe hum was a good time doing bits myself anyway :)

Hopefully it works as good as it looks :) had big issue with old turbo oil coming out of it all over the place sent it off to get fixed and the whole thing was shot it was a T25 roller bearing turbo they said it was cheaper to get new one so went for T28 as they said fittings are very similar now need to see if TDi think it will be possible to get it together, if not i have to send T28 back and get a new T25 which is cheaper so im not to fused lol Didnt really have the time and tools to get the thing running but hoe hum was a good time doing bits myself anyway :)

Elliot is the turbo I sold you in the kit only a T25??? I had my doubts about this at one stage when I first bought the kit. Reason being is that the turbo that is supplied with the standard kit from turbo-kits.com is a T25. At the time I ordered, I told them I wanted to upgrade it to the T28BB turbo. I got charged for the upgrade too!!!! :angry:

It was when I sent the turbo back to them that I questioned whether it was a BB turbo as it didn't seem to me to be one. I was assured that it was the T28BB turbo. It is becoming quite obvious to me that turbo-kits.com are a bunch of lying f***ers.

That is why I advertised it as a T28 turbo and not a T28BB.

This also makes me wonder if they have been supplying Dave (pro-lex) with the correct turbo??

Did you ever contact them turbo-kits.com again about the probs with the oil in the turbo???

Im trying at the moment but no joy so far, it wasnt even a T28 it was a T25 roller beaering turbo apparently the whole thing was buggared, it cant have been working on your car that well at all. I now have a T28 tho same one of the nissan 200SX.

I very much doubt i'll get any money back at all and i was also gettign annoyed with the time scale, thats why i got a refurbed T28 all new internals etc with a 2 year warrenty. If TDi cant match the bolt holes up etc, i'll get turbo technics to swap it for a T25 roller bearing again.

Its been a pain in the arse but hopefully it will be worth it in the long run, even tho the ever spiralling costs lol

Elliot is the turbo I sold you in the kit only a T25??? I had my doubts about this at one stage when I first bought the kit. Reason being is that the turbo that is supplied with the standard kit from turbo-kits.com is a T25. At the time I ordered, I told them I wanted to upgrade it to the T28BB turbo. I got charged for the upgrade too!!!! :angry:

It was when I sent the turbo back to them that I questioned whether it was a BB turbo as it didn't seem to me to be one. I was assured that it was the T28BB turbo. It is becoming quite obvious to me that turbo-kits.com are a bunch of lying f***ers.

That is why I advertised it as a T28 turbo and not a T28BB.

This also makes me wonder if they have been supplying Dave (pro-lex) with the correct turbo??

Did you ever contact them turbo-kits.com again about the probs with the oil in the turbo???

I have the T28BB :winky: as do all my customers.

• 2 weeks later...

It's about time Ellz's thread had an update i think.

We have now repaired the cut chassis section and returned the much need strength and rigidity.

Unfortunately, due to some camera/software issues we no longer have the repair pictures themselves but here are some images of the chassis leg in its current form.

SNC19315.jpg

SNC19313-1.jpg

We have placed some heat proofing over the repair section in an attemp to make the modification less obvious to any future MOT tester. I'm not 100% certain on the comebacks of future MOT's, if the tester is aware that structural alterations have been made. In our opinion - better safe than sorry.

Here are some pics with the turbo loosely located. There is now plenty of clearance between the turbo intake housing and the repaired chassis section.

SNC19295.jpg

SNC19291.jpg

SNC19294.jpg

This is gonna be a nice car when its done mate :) Any chance of it being ready for Germany?

We have placed some heat proofing over the repair section in an attemp to make the modification less obvious to any future MOT tester. I'm not 100% certain on the comebacks of future MOT's, if the tester is aware that structural alterations have been made. In our opinion - better safe than sorry.

Not being picky but this reads like your trying to put one over on a MOT tester :blink: surely thats not the right thing to do :)

This is gonna be a nice car when its done mate :) Any chance of it being ready for Germany?

Not being picky but this reads like your trying to put one over on a MOT tester :blink: surely thats not the right thing to do :)

Absolutely not.

My apologies is it reads that way Lee, but thats not the case at all.

We are supremely confident that the repair section is more than up to the task of being as strong (if not stronger) as the original piece.

I've been restoring classic cars for many years now so i'm more than familiar with the 'can of worms' that potentially exists with chassis modifications.

Cutting out a section and replacing it is one thing - cutting out and altering that section for a different purpose is something entirely different.

Its a shame that the turbo kit didnt take this into mind in the first place.

If it had been my kit, or i had a hand in the design of it, i probably would have modified the manifold so it sat the other way up thus giving much more clearance from both the chassis and the engine mount.

Shaun

Its a shame that the turbo kit didnt take this into mind in the first place.

If it had been my kit, or i had a hand in the design of it, i probably would have modified the manifold so it sat the other way up thus giving much more clearance from both the chassis and the engine mount.

Shaun

The kit was altered (turbo turned to fit @ a different angle) by the previous owner on the 4 i've sold all we need to do is trim the engine mount a tad for it to fit normally. Could stiil be done

Only just seen this update been very busy working at the moment.

Dont think i'll be able to make germany this year, money and time off work isnt looking good. I will try my upmost to come to the next one, maybe at the end of summer august/september time ????

I cant see the photos but cant wait to get home and see it.

Spoke to Mark a couple of days ago and seems the sealant i was told to use by local Cliffords may not have been oil resistant which im a bit annoyed about.

Cant wait to get her back anyone up for a mini meet when i go to pick her up i know Guliham was up for it

Glad to see this is getting sorted in the end mate!

I think the main prob with the kit is from the manufacturer as it doesn't fit as it should from the word go. Dave has found one way round it and my tuners found another way. I think with the lack of help from turbo-kits.com on this for both me and Elliot it is clear to see that they aren't bothered about there products quality etc etc.

Anyway, hurry up and get it on the road, you will be a happy chappy!!!

removing material, but not re-introducing an alternative means of support if needed is bad practice......

however lets move on , how are things going Elliot

Its going ok, injectors and fuel rail are in, the sump has been redone, the guys at TDi where a bit concerd about the seal on the intercooler inlet so have made up a metal inlet (i was gonna get your one you sold Matt but Dave got there to quick LoL)

So i beileve all the mechanical bits and bobs are finished, think there is one bit to do. Then on to the electrical side, the budget that i have set out is already looking tight but as the O2 sensors cant really be used without re drilling the manifold i have to use the FCON using a O2 simulator so thats pretty important.

At the moment we're not going to install the fuel upgrade from the monster, as with the new injectors it should be fine, i'll keep these to one side until i get the internal done some time next year.

Here you can see polished fuel rail (thanks Marcus) and new Powerenterprise 500cc Injector (Thanks Dave) installed.

SNC19374.jpg

heres the new inlet TDi have come up with

SNC19388.jpg

All in all its going well, the only remaining factor is if my wallet can strech the distance :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links