Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thanks To The Owner Of The Jeep 4x4

Went out on saturday night to watch the new Bond film.

Afterwards we got a bite to eat, and then I went to the car. I noticed a 4X4 parked next to me, it was dark so didn't notice anything.

......next day... yup you guessed it... a loverly deep dent in the door thanks to that muppet opening his into mine :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

No regard for someone elses property... :offtopic:

I'll have to call someone like Dent Masters... not used them, but might prove to be cost effective.

Went out on saturday night to watch the new Bond film.

Afterwards we got a bite to eat, and then I went to the car. I noticed a 4X4 parked next to me, it was dark so didn't notice anything.

......next day... yup you guessed it... a loverly deep dent in the door thanks to that muppet opening his into mine :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

No regard for someone elses property... :offtopic:

I'll have to call someone like Dent Masters... not used them, but might prove to be cost effective.

We went out last Sunday to see the Bond film and came out to find someone had slashed a front tyre. £160 - that was some expensive film.

The problem is the same in the UK and Ireland. The regulations mean that spaces are much to small for anything above a super mini.

In the states you can park a Hummer in any space and still open the door completely without hitting the car beside.

that's a real problem in car parks..i suggest a strategy of parking as far away from the crowd as possible and using 2 spaces..extremely selfish, but lowers your risk of a dent.. :D

yes but the car was about 11 inch's away from my car and he was a fat azz, even i had probleming getting in (size 34")

that's a real problem in car parks..i suggest a strategy of parking as far away from the crowd as possible and using 2 spaces..extremely selfish, but lowers your risk of a dent.. :D

I always go out of my way to park in an end space tight to the end giving as much space as possible from me to the next car. Will even drive around till I find one.

I always go out of my way to park in an end space tight to the end giving as much space as possible from me to the next car. Will even drive around till I find one.

same here.

just wondering what is the standard procedure if you find that someone has carelessly dented your car in a car park.

Well after parking far away from anyone else last Christmas in Nottingham, I cam back to find this:

normal_CarScratch_image004.jpg

That was a 4x4 using the car as a reversing aid (about 3 - 4 times judging by the damage!)

Got that fixed and parked in a car park of a hotel in Essex whilst I was staying there. I found the most remote spot, with one side protected by a large hedge... thought I would be OK>.........

Well I wasnt . Went to the car in the morning to discover that a car had used my front n/s bumper as a reversing / turning aid and took a few chunks out of the bumper!

You cant win!

I always write down the number plate and the colour of the car parked next to me if I feel the space is a bit tight, I would report it as a hit and run if someone was to dent my car, not sure if this would work legally, and I always check both sides of my car before leaving.

I have also been told that you are not insured in a car park, as it is not a public highway (un-sure if this is true or not)

I first washed my IS220 after two weeks of owning it and it already had a line of someone elses paint on a door. I managed to t-cut it out and there was no dent or damage to the paint underneath which surprised and pleased me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links