Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Is-f Officially Announced

7 December 2006

NEW LEXUS IS-F PERFORMANCE VEHICLE TO MAKE WORLD DEBUT

AT DETROIT

Lexus will stage the world premiere of the IS-F sport performance car and an exciting

concept vehicle at a press conference at the 2007 North American International Auto

Show in Detroit.

The IS-F is an all-new high-performance version of the popular Lexus IS 250 sport

saloon. It will feature unique styling and a substantial boost in power from a V8

powerplant. Sales are expected to start in the UK in 2008.

In addition to the IS-F, Lexus will unveil an exotic sports concept.

The press conference will be held on Monday, January 8 at 11:25 a.m. EST in the

Riverview Ballroom in COBO Centre.

7 December 2006

AT DETROIT

Lexus will stage the world premiere of the IS-F sport performance car and an exciting

concept vehicle at a press conference at the 2007 North American International Auto

Show in Detroit.

The IS-F is an all-new high-performance version of the popular Lexus IS 250 sport

saloon. It will feature unique styling and a substantial boost in power from a V8

cool. is it like the IS 500 (wich maybe now F) do you know?

Craig

7 December 2006

AT DETROIT

Show in Detroit.

Craig

Not sure, but I suspect it will be the 4.6l V8 from the new LS460. That is only a guess though and I have read rumours of it being a 5 litre.

Craig

Not sure, but I suspect it will be the 4.6l V8 from the new LS460. That is only a guess though and I have read rumours of it being a 5 litre.

Well guys, with the dollar exchange rate around $2=£1 sounds like a bargain...£7K less than I paid for my SE-L :D ....but of course it doesn't work like that or I'd have my order in now. But news so far...and yes it's the 220/250/350 body shape with the quad exhausts.

Set to launch late next year, the first F vehicle will reportedly be the long-rumored V-8-powered version of the IS sedan, called the IS-F. The engine is expected to be a re-worked version from the LS 600h L hybrid, a 5.0-liter block pushing 425 horsepower.

The IS-F will debut at the upcoming Detroit auto show this January with a sticker somewhere in the $50,000 range when it hits showroom floors. Other F-badged vehicles, including GS and IS coupe versions, will follow IS-F, the report added.

- Same 5.0L V8 that's seeing use in the LS 600hL, but with cylinder head tuning from Yamaha

- Output of 420+ horsepower

- Beefed/re-tuned up version of the 8SPD transmission

- Quad, staggered exhaust will make production

- 19" BBS wheels

- brembo brakes with 14.2" front and 13.6" rear with 6-piston calipers

- Restyled front end to allow more air flow into engine bay/obvious aerodynamic upgrades

- Expected base price with no options is $55,000

Behave people. You want rattles get yourself in a standard megane coupe lol

You dont know how good you have got it on the rattle front.

Id well have one of these over all of its rivals, insurance may be an issue mind :)

• 5 weeks later...

Its pretty sweet looking, but can't say I am overwhelmed by it tho

Might nick the idea for the mesh upper and lower grill, 'cos I don't like mine much. It's a little lower than mine on the same size wheels, but not much. I see they've stuck Lexus and logo on the Brembo's :D

Nice pics, I'm still liking it :D

Not so sure about the wings though, nor why they've decided for it to be a 4 seater - IMO they should've left this a 5 seater and made the coupe cabriolet (if it appears) a 4 seater

Also does anyone else think they've slightly over-used the F logo? :lol:

Go to the Official Lexus US Site & see a Bundle of Info on the exterior & interior of the new Is-F & its spec.

Tel :driving:

Nb/Am expecting Tango to arrange a Texas Test Drive on our behalf soonest as I have been reliably informed that it will be here late Autumn.Price surely will be as current or even better due to the weak dollari.e. their IS 250 SEL Auto is c. 18% lower than the Uk version if you follow my drift so the Is-F should be c.35k on paper @ least!!

It looks good to me, rather refreshing that it hasn't tried to hard to be that different or it would be slipping into the BM and Merc trap

I do think this will appeal to the Lexus driver who really wants the performance

And therefore the question in how it will sell is

Will this car make you feel like your in a Lexus, or are you in a BMW Merc clone

If its a Lexus it will sell loads, if it makes you feel your in a Jap M5 then it fails

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links