Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow - At Last

Rob

woooohhooooo at last some snow for switzerland, about time too its been snowing since 7pm last night but only very lightly about 7cm at mo. now i can use the car without peeling strips off the winter tyres each time i go out !

mountains here we come! :D

woooohhooooo at last some snow for switzerland, about time too its been snowing since 7pm last night but only very lightly about 7cm at mo. now i can use the car without peeling strips off the winter tyres each time i go out !

mountains here we come! :D

We've got loads here too, had a few 'moments' this morning on the way to the gym at 6.15 and have just skidded along the single track roads to work :D Wish the stability control would disengage fully though, would have been loads of fun :P

expect the country to grind to a halt because theres a cm on snow on the fields...

driving on snow is easy, just take it easy and think ahead..

it does make me laugh but its true... when we had 1M here in a day ok there was some disruption but not too much and everything worked as normal until late in the evening.

Where I am in the Midlands we get 1MM (not 1M) and the whole thing grinds to a halt...

The gritters were out on the m6 yesterday, at 3.30pm. Why? All the grit was pushed into the central reservation or the hard shoulder within 20 minutes by moving traffic. And I bet they only grit each stretch once...

I took my parents to east midlands airport at 1.20 am on wednesday morning. I opened the house door at 10.30pm tuesday and said to my wife look it's snowing, better take a look because this will be as close as you get to it this year me thinks! wrong, I never looked out the window again untill had to take my parents and there was about 5cm, I was astonished! I had to drive the car 25miles there at about 35mph on avarage! the temp was regestering 0 degree C all the way there and back and the gritters had been nowhere, I did use the snow button and found it helped quite a bit. When we got back my house is up a hill that is barely noticable and because I was the only car to have gone over it an hour earlier it was all fresh and I got no where, tried traction off, on, Snow off and on in first second and third gear and a combination of everything. I was very annoyed as Ive never had a problem in ice or snow before. I just left it in the end at the bottom tucked away and got it the next morning with no problems. Now sadly the snow has all but gone. I love the snow and I even enjoy driving in it, aslong as im near no-one else, others just seem to go at 10mph and break hard at every corner or be up your arse!

Over in Italy now snowboarding in the Alps, It snowed heavily on tuesday night, but not since. Not the best snow for snowboarding though.

Over in Italy now snowboarding in the Alps, It snowed heavily on tuesday night, but not since. Not the best snow for snowboarding though. Great fun all the same. Heres a pic

post-14441-1169757634.jpg

My cars too old to have a snow button (unless it's hidden somewhere) but I do remember my :blush: Skoda Estelle - that used to be great in the snow. Skinny tyres with a great lump of an iron/alloy engine giving em loads of grip that all the other euro-boxes were afraid of :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links