Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Errrrr Traction Control Really Does Help Lol

Russdx

jusr dropped bro off at school but was thinkin does traction actually do much so turned it off

turning out the school n put foot down a bit n the back end just came out was like shiiiit did like a zig zag down the road facing both directions till it finally corrected it self

never EVER turning tht traction control off again had no idea how much it does

scared **** out of me

I had a simmilar incident the other day although i wasn't trying to show off :P

I was taking a corner that was caked in mud and I lost the back end if it wasn't for the TRC I would have been imbeded in the kurb :crybaby: and no doubt nackard the suspension

Great little gizmo

oh come on.

you turned traction off, then floored it, and continued to floor it as the tail slid everywhere? How long have you been driving? 5 minutes?

Tractions there as a safeguard, if it kicks in, your doing something wrong, the best traction control system you have is your input to the car.

In a nutshell, any severe or sharp inputs cause issues, whether its the throttle, steering or brakes - if your smooth and progressive, you wont have any issues.

Perhaps you should invest in a skid pan training, Castle Combe do a very good half day session that will teach you some car control for a reasonable sum.

oh come on.

you turned traction off, then floored it, and continued to floor it as the tail slid everywhere? How long have you been driving? 5 minutes?

Tractions there as a safeguard, if it kicks in, your doing something wrong, the best traction control system you have is your input to the car.

In a nutshell, any severe or sharp inputs cause issues, whether its the throttle, steering or brakes - if your smooth and progressive, you wont have any issues.

Perhaps you should invest in a skid pan training, Castle Combe do a very good half day session that will teach you some car control for a reasonable sum.

i dont have traction control as the man say above the best computer for the car is your right foot

and yes training well help

in fact after a while u enjoy the sideways action

I tend to drive with mine off. Only really have it on when i got little uns in the car or its icey.

i keep mine off while im in places i know . if i go outside the usual spots ill turn it on . loads of roads around me covered in mud and i can feel the car slipping around .

i dont like going sideways much i believe the car can go faster when facing forwards . tho this is my first rwd car and never had traction controle in others afaik .

I never had a car before so not really clued up or normal driving with FWD and RWD but when tuning it off it does get interesting done a skip pan at goodwood was a bit of a laugh. can catch you out if your not concentrating think the turbo is going to be harder to control :duh:

I have to turn mine off for the racelogic to work. Which is such a better traction control than the standard system with its different settings.

:) You're just showing off now :D

:lol:

Seriously though it's worth considering getting. Especially if you've improved the performance of the car :winky:

mines always off!! had a little incident on the way home yesterday from work. had a scooby following me off a roundabout on a dual carriageway. gave it a bit and was going sidewards in front of him. i think he s**t himself cos he backed off, and i took off and left him. he was wanting to race before that (was right up behind me)!!! lol

caught me a bit unawares but these things do sometimes. but u just have to go with it!! makes me smile no end!! i love it!!

A Scooby wouldn't race an IS200, it would kill it mate!

He probably held back as he probably thought you might take both of you off the road :o

There's loads of Supra's dying at the minute over on their forums when they're driving silly in the wet, be careful mate!

mines always off!! had a little incident on the way home yesterday from work. had a scooby following me off a roundabout on a dual carriageway. gave it a bit and was going sidewards in front of him. i think he s**t himself cos he backed off, and i took off and left him. he was wanting to race before that (was right up behind me)!!! lol

caught me a bit unawares but these things do sometimes. but u just have to go with it!! makes me smile no end!! i love it!!

Another accident waiting to happen methinks. :duh:

hahaha. yeah thats what im thinking. give it time!!!

yeah i hate the traction control. its awfull!!

yeah i thought it was very wierd tho. he gained on me and i pulled over but he didnt come past me very quick. i got in his slip stream and seem to pull just as quick as him. could of been a non turbo. who knows.

jusr dropped bro off at school but was thinkin does traction actually do much so turned it off

turning out the school n put foot down a bit n the back end just came out was like shiiiit did like a zig zag down the road facing both directions till it finally corrected it self

never EVER turning tht traction control off again had no idea how much it does

scared **** out of me

Drive normal then Russ..... The backend will not step out unless you are driving like a nobber.......

I had a simmilar incident the other day although i wasn't trying to show off :P

I was taking a corner that was caked in mud and I lost the back end if it wasn't for the TRC I would have been imbeded in the kurb :crybaby: and no doubt nackard the suspension

Great little gizmo

Hows did the TRC save you? unless you were accelerating out of the corner?

if you were doing a steady speed it wont have kicked in

oh come on.

At least someone on this thread is talking sense :winky:

The scooby was racing you..... right..... he'd have left you for dead

Your IS200 is 154 bhp, don't forget that.

to be honest the standard traction control is rubbish

kicks in too early and cuts the power for too long

racelogic has got to be sooo much better

:)

Yep, standard TRC is crap.

This is a bit of a pet subject of mine, hence my rants.

Anyone who reckons their IS200 is fast, or hardcore enough to go sideways all the time, IMO is talking crap.

It's a 154bhp RWD car, c'mon, to go sideways you either drive like a tit, (in which case go crash, you deserve it), or you hit a big ***** patch of diesel. And anyone who says they go sideways in their IS200's..... sure you do..... :yawn:

The scooby was racing you..... right..... he'd have left you for dead

Your IS200 is 154 bhp, don't forget that.

well thats not for sure. who knows it might not have even been a turbo. didnt pass me very quickly!! plus its not only about the car ur driving!! the driver does contribute a little to the equation!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links