Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Exhaust

Rob's Lexx

I noticed that the exhaust is blowing slightly and closer inspection finds a quite well rusted section on the back box/pipe.

So my dilemma is: do i buy a standard replacement? or do i buy an aftermarket one that will give marginal bhp gain?

anybody got any idea as to the cost of a standard replacement and where's best to source one from (lexus i presume)?

also, if i decided to get an aftermarket, what could everyone reccomend? i really don't want a chavvy in ur face loud noise kinda zorst, but something that is subtle and won't annoy the hell out of me.

Cheers in advance

Rob

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would have to suggest the HKS Silent Hi Power Exhaust. i heard daves @ JAE abd its has good note/tone but not too in your face and apparently works really well with the s/c.

I have the pro-lex Kaz1 and it's been great not 2 noisey at all (although i would prefer noisey one) .. but can make a great low burble sound when warmed up of course you could leave the baffle in an not notice any sound change at all ;) although i'm sure the sound maybe differnt as u have the supercharger on and other parts compared to my fairly standard car :(

Before I got the Veilside, I wanted a sleek exhaust that a mixture of looks and a nice low grunt. Therefore I was going for the HKS Silent.

Lovely looking and the online video / sound animation swayed me.... But we all know that changed somewhat when I clapped eyes on Satan's yawn that is now hung at the rear of my IS.

J

Before I got the Veilside, I wanted a sleek exhaust that a mixture of looks and a nice low grunt. Therefore I was going for the HKS Silent.

Lovely looking and the online video / sound animation swayed me.... But we all know that changed somewhat when I clapped eyes on Satan's yawn that is now hung at the rear of my IS.

J

is that veilside number loud mate?

was it expensive???

anybody got any knowledge of the blue flame exhaust?? heard it is likely to have the max bhp gain from an aftermarket cat back system??

@dave, has the Janspeed exhaust got a slash cut pipe or standard type rounded edge??

• 1 month later...

Hiya, i got mine of E-Bay is stainless steel from cat back custom made so no chopping & messing 2 match up will try find name out carnt remember ? sounds nice had it on a while now looks nice it`s just a bit bigger than the standard :)

post-20836-1190881109.jpg

I have a standard one in my garage that u can have for free - just cover the postage as its quite big/heavy - if my parents have not taken it to the skip that is......

tis very good of you to offer mate.

what kind of condition is it in?? and is it the whole cat back OEM exhaust or just back box??

like i said above, mine is blowing slightly probably due to the rear pipe being caked in rust.

is there any bhp gains to be had by by fitting aftermarket cat back system??

its the standard OEM cat back , condition is fine, its prob in a better state than the one fitted my car now. It has been in the garage for about 4 years, the pipe has the normal surface rust/discolouration but thats it AFAIK. there might be a few scratches on the end tip as its been standing in the garage.

if you could find out postage costs rob, that'd be appreciated. i can then weigh up my options.

would like to know if anyone knows any rough bhp gains for an aftermarket cat-back system such as blue flame??

Have you had a look at this?

Exhaust thread

It's quite an old thread, but gives you an idea of power gains and noise from different exhausts.........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links