Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gaydon Meet - Sun 23rd March

Steve

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question - is a Dentmaster chap coming as well - or do you want one arranging???

Announcement

We supported Synchro Motorsport last year in the BTCC races and as such, met Andy Barnes who is a real Jap car enthusiast and owns a couple of businesses importing cars and tuning them.

I don't know if many of you are interested in BTCC but we have today had confirmation that James Kaye (BTCC Driver and last year's Production Car Class Champion 2002) will be coming along. We are also hoping that Dave Allen (European class champion 2002) will also be attending.

Andy Barnes who owns Kleerfreight (Car importers) also owns SUMO Power Ltd (Tuning company) and will be fetching a couple of 'special' cars along. A spoon demonstrator Civic Type R and a tuned Nissan Skyline.

Andy has posted this on our forum to let our members know the news.

As a quick background to us, we were involved with Synchro Motorsport last year as thier main sponsor under our other company being Kleerfreight. This came about being as my good friend, James Kaye the touring car driver invited us to join in on the teams activities. In August last year we were appointed one of the six main distributors for HKS and as such we formed another company being Sumo Power Ltd. Previously we have and still do run Nissan Skylines and Evo's etc and I am sure many of you would have seen or at least heard of our R34 Hurricane Skyline which was seen at many time trial and track events on a non professional level. Since our involvement with Synchro we came to realise the potential of the Honda R's especially and thier capabilities and began to setup communications with Spoon with the intent of supplying Spoon products within Europe on thier behalf which until now has been non-existent to a point. In January we were officially appointed as Spoon's European operation and we are currently still making very exciting plans which include the following basic items :-

Full Spoon product availability, off the shelf in the UK direct from us.

Authorised UK and European distributors of Spoon Europe

Full Spoon EP3 Civic Type R Demonstration car

Authorised and currently sole fitting shop for all Spoon products by Touring car builders, Barwell Motorsport in Surrey.

Parts and information backup for all Spoon parts

Suppport and sponsorship to Synchro Motorsport and Barwell Motorsport with this years Type R's

At this time our new Spoon Europe website is being constructed and should be available by the end of March ( Hopefully ! ) in its basic form and will be developed further from thereon.

We are heavily involved in the Synchro Team and currently give them any support we can, not doubt if you follow the BTCC you will see us and our name at the events and on the Type R's so if you attend, be sure to come up and ask for us for a chat.

Just last weekend we bought our Civic Type R EP3 which will be under going some dramatic changes courtousy of Barwell Motorsport and our initial stock of Spoon parts will be arriving in around 5 weeks time direct from Japan via a 40 foot container.

In the meantime, we plan to attend the Gaydon Meet on the 23rd and I will also bring along James Kaye for everyone to meet if you havent done so yet, hopefully this will also give us a chance to meet as many of you as we can, get some feedback on your cars and the products and inform you how we can help when the need arises.

Synchro competed in Production Car class last year - this year they are running just one car rather than 2, but in full blown super-touring (BTCC) with James being the driver.

Hope I'm not the only BTCC fan around here......

Sammy

there will be 150 Hondas or more.. 50 Lexi.. 20 Toyotas inc supras and celicas... also hoping the soarer guys will appear.. they said they are... also might have some scoobies turn up...

oh and a mercedez (grrr at ricky :lol: )

you should read the newsletters, 100 of posts i have made mitch

This meet is based around a few clubs... Hondas, Toyotas and Lexus

With a few other car types in there too.. inc a merc LOL

Merc may look nice but i am biased.. so its a bag of nails in a pretty shopping bag to me matey.

JAE is July mate

But it is still worth you and your mate coming... betcha 300 cars!

Awesome meet mate ;)

sorry steve email aint working so anything u send me inc newsletters wont get read.

as for posts............................ :whistling: i had my headshaved and i think a few brain cells went with the hair.................. :whistling:

i like mercs. especially S and CL class. ML and SL's are very nice to. interested in the new CLK cab when its out............ worth a look.

ricky u got the blue merc and my cousin got the silver merc so u will be ok blending in colour wise..........

I got meet-fresher questions.

If we sign up, when do we pay? If I can't make it on the day, is it a problem? I got some stuff going on so need to be flexible, but i deffo wanna hook up and put faces to cars, cars to names etc :P

As my poor baby has a crumpled bottom though, I'll only come if you promise not to laugh. :blush:

And she's a dirty little slapper too, and probably will look like something the cat dragged it. :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links