Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crazy

got this off another forum - happened to someone off there

Bout 8.45 last night, watching the match when I hear some banging and shouting next door. Tia at the front door going mad. I open the front door to be confronted by 4 blokes in balaclava's kicking **** out of next door's front door and smashing their front windows. They screamed at me to shut me door and start kicking mine. My neighbour has a brand new Audi A3 sports delivered a couple of weeks ago and they wanted the keys. My car was parked in front of the Audi on their drive so to move it they smashed my windscreen and drivers side window, dropped the handbreak and pushed it off the drive into the road. They forced my next door neighbour to hand over his keys while his wife hid terrified in their bedroom and sped off in the Audi. Luckily they didn't hurt the lad but as you can imagine they are shook up to ****, as am I if I'm honest.

I nearly always park my car across the road, so if anyone attacks my neighbours and gets sent over to mine, i'm hoping we'd hear it before they come over and then i'd have some kind of advance warning, bearing in mind the proposed changes in the law regarding protection of ones own property, theres every chance i'll be as equipped as any criminal ;)

however I feel its stupid what the world is coming to, and am sympathetic to the victims, no one deserves to be attacked for their car, i'd only feel regret if I didn't try my best to defend my property, even if I give it up

As is my understanding of the law at the moment from the training we have at work, you can use force 'equal or less than the evil intended'. What I understand by that is that if someone punches you, you can punch them in self defense but you can't go at them with a breadknife or something. If there's any policemen that can clarify/disprove this.........

If the law is changed regarding personal protection, bring it on!

Keith

I must admit I have heard about recent discussions regarding alterations to the law and what "rights" you have as the victim. From what I learn, it seems as though the law is attempted to be swayed in the victim's favour - but I bet that is until the police arrive, which is when they'll arrest you for unsuitable / ferocious defense.

Jamie

But of course, it's their word against yours with no witnesses (neighbours look the other way NOW!!) and as you were actively being attacked, ANY defence would be O.K. in reality?

No judge/jury is going to have it that you took excessive steps when someone has set out to bust into your house to steal your car! Even if you (accidentally) beheaded someone!

Now THAT would make car-jackers think twice if the 'Mail' front-paged it!

"Carjack thug loses head"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links