Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's Dead

Hando

Well, just been in a 4 car pile up on the M4 - some gimp went into the back of me - sent me into the car in front etc etc....

Car's a write-off for sure.

Obviously glad I'm fine (although my neck hurts) but gawd it was heart-breaking seeing it go off for probably the last time on the back of a truck. All that time and love....

:msn-cry:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel gutted for you mate,

Don't know what i'd do if it happened to mine.

Stav

Yeah you do...

contact insurance co !!!

Its only a car.

Glad everyone is o.k though

Saw one this morning on the M40 JCT3 heading into town....4 car pile up in the 3rd lane, people not taking enough care as you come down the hill, sun up and right in your face and cant see anything, i guess the first car slowed down and the rest didn't.

No way mate! Really feel for you, sorry to hear it.......know what it's like being in a pile up, but thankfully mine wasn't so bad - can't imagine how gutted you must feel :shutit:

But as the others have said, all that's important is that you weren't injured - best to just look forward and think about what you'll replace it with.

Hope your neck's ok, I remember mine was messed up for about 2 weeks - sounds like yours must have been a bigger impact so make sure to take it easy for a bit :)

Thanks for sympathies all.

Having thought about it a bit I could use some advise...

I'm pretty sure it's a write-off cos even though it still runs and wheels are still straight the whole back end has caved in - squashing up the boot (not to mention the front end: the bonnet has folded in the middle because of impact, radiator buckled etc.)

Because of this I went ahead and told Direct Line they could take it to one of their approved garages.

1) Was that a mistake - should I ring them first thing on monday and tell them I want it in a Lexus approved garage? (Does it make a difference if it's a write-off?)

2) If it is a write-off, then I may well want to replace it with another IS (maybe a 300) and that being the case there are certain things I wouldn't minding keeping from the old car (wheels, dash tray, alloy sills etc.) How do I go about this? Do I have to buy them off the garage who has it or off the insurance company? If it's the garage: again would I be better off in an approved Lex garage?

Cheers in advance for any help - and if any one's thinking about selling on a black SE in the not too distant future - let me know!

Sorry to hear about this matey, cars can be replaced

(with a bit of difficulty if yours is a bit special) but

people can't, so glad you are all safe & well.

Gutted would be my emotion, plain & simple.

Best of luck getting another good example :D

Cheers mate - and I was about to buy your interior too!

Yeah - weighing up the options now and waiting to see the situation with my car but I think I'll be staying with Lex. Either re-creating my old one or seeing if I can stretch to a 250+MM.

Hopefully can find the silver lining in this cloud!

Sorry for what happened. I was in the same situation 6 months ago and was so sad hearing that my car was a write off. The best thing to do (I'm sure it's a write off) is to take all the bits you've added to the car before taking it to the garage. Bring it back to standard spec as that's where the valuation is going to be based at anyway. I've lost some of my added items because the car was taken away from the garage on the next day. Also, do not accept their first offer for the value of your car.

If your front fogs are ok, take them off as well and I'll buy them off you. :D

Sorry for what happened. I was in the same situation 6 months ago and was so sad hearing that my car was a write off. The best thing to do (I'm sure it's a write off) is to take all the bits you've added to the car before taking it to the garage. Bring it back to standard spec as that's where the valuation is going to be based at anyway. I've lost some of my added items because the car was taken away from the garage on the next day. Also, do not accept their first offer for the value of your car.

If your front fogs are ok, take them off as well and I'll buy them off you. :D

Cheers for the advice - I'll see if I can get to it tomorrow AM. But as to valuation being off standard spec - I had declared all my mods on the insurance: don't they count towards valuation? Otherwise what's the point?

Most insurance will insure you with mods but only give you the value of the standard car back.

It's just so you are still covered with your mods on.

Stav

*harumph*

Well I guess I'll be at the garage early in the morning with my tools and my old 16"'ers in the boot - good thing I kept 'em.

UPDATE:

Spent the morning turning the car back to almost stock at the garage - managed to grab the alloys, dash tray, floor mats, Bluetooth phone kit and a few other bits'n'bobs and replace them all with the stock parts.

Here's some pics of the old girl (look away now if you can't handle IS snuff)

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

sorry to here this mate You must be gutted

I'm not qualified but i would say that looks semi repairable?

Funnily enough - it looks much worse in the flesh than it does in the pictures. All the guys at the recovery garage were saying "nah, you won't be seeing that again".

Kinda hoping it is a write-off - would be worried about damage of that magnitude being repaired: I'd always know it wasn't as it used to be.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links