Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loc London To Brighton Run

johnboy

meeting at Crystal Palace Park (National Sports Centre)

ROUTE:

turn left out of the park on to

A214 (Anerley Hill - Elmers End Rd)

turn right at the end of the road

A222 (Croydon Road - Long Lane)

turn left on to

A215 (Shirley Road - upper Shirley Road - Shirley Hills)

at the end of the road turn left on to

A212 (Gravel Hill)

at the end of the road turn right at the roundabout on to

A2022 (Selsdon Park Road - Addington Road)

turn left at roundabout on to

B269 (Limpsfield Road - Croydon Road) (my personal test track :whistling: )

left at the mini roundabout on to

B2024 (Clarks Lane - Croydon Road)(this is where we go under the M25)

at the end of the road turn right on to

A25 (Westerham Road)

1st stop off at the regular monthly meeting place the Grasshopper Inn - beverages and a walk for dave

continue on the A25 (Westerham Road - East Hill - West Hill - Godstone Road - Oxted Road )

turn left onto

A22 (Eastbourne Road)

turn right onto

A264 (Copthorne Road - Snow Hill - Copthorne Common Road - Copthorne Way)

across the junction onto (this where we go over the top of the M23)

A2011 (Crawley Avenue)

across the roundabout on to

A2004 (Northgate Avenue - College Road - Southgate Avenue)

at the end of the road turn left on to

A23 Brighton Road

follow to Brighton

more precise details of Brighton to come

the route is fairly straightforward, covering some nice roads and avoiding any built up areas where possible

as far as i know there are only two speed humps, which are on the main road A222 but they are gentle ones, so no worries

there are a few speed cameras en route (roads marked in red) there may be some more especially towards Crawley, i am not 100% sure of this bit so dont blame me !

for those coming i will print out some maps, showing some interest points and possible stop points to let people catch up or to guide those who have got lost !

we are looking for a second stop off point around the Crawley area, if anyone can suggest one please shout (Yemgi :whistling: )

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those coming i will print out some maps, showing some interest points and possible stop points to let people catch up or to guide those who have got lost !

we are looking for a second stop off point around the Crawley area, if anyone can suggest one please shout (Yemgi :whistling: )

I live along Copthorne Road though so I should wait for you before the bridge over the M23, there is a florist with a big car park :)

Otherwise there is the Hillside Inn pub in Balcombe Road which could be a meeting point but the car park is a bit tight but there are some nice cars usually.

There also is the Dukes Head on Copthorne common road, I have never been there though.

The Copthorne golf course would be nice but it is private :(

I live along Copthorne Road though so I should wait for you before the bridge over the M23, there is a florist with a big car park :)

Otherwise there is the Hillside Inn pub in Balcombe Road which could be a meeting point but the car park is a bit tight but there are some nice cars usually.

There also is the Dukes Head on Copthorne common road, I have never been there though.

The Copthorne golf course would be nice but it is private :(

cool

large car park sounds good ......

if we were to meet there, we could go straight onto the M23 for one junction and avoid Crawley :)

Is this the weekend that the clocks go back ?

Best to remind everyone if it is :D

Cous3 thanks for that heads up :winky:

EDIT *****

This is defo the Weekend British Summertime changes...

You get 1 hour extra in bed as the clocks go back at 1.am

the night before (late Sat Night or early Sunday morning)

Is this the weekend that the clocks go back ?

Best to remind everyone if it is :D

Cous3 thanks for that heads up :winky:

EDIT *****

This is defo the Weekend British Summertime changes...

You get 1 hour extra in bed as the clocks go back at 1.am

the night before (late Sat Night or early Sunday morning)

we will have to see who turns up an hour early :lol:

Just got Dj wozza email cheers mate.

Route looks good apart from maybe the A23 but it is probably the only road you wont be queing on to get into brighton we can go on a little run in the afternoon if people want to follow me ;)

The only other way could be the A24 but could be really busy.

Yemgi i guess i'll come and meet you some where and drive down. Wheres better for you north or south of handcross hill ???

Just spoke to my dad and just after coming off the M25 on to the A23 there are some amazing roads really windy which we can take most of the way back to brighton. I'll plan a route later if people want as im off to the cinema now :)

Ellz, I am getting in the convoy at Copthorne so it is north of handcross hill

I think it would be good if you can propose a route as you surely know the country side better than me :P

The LOC London to Brighton run will be on Sunday 28th october

The meeting point will be HERE if you put the post code in your tom tom it will take you virtually there, just follow the signs for the "National Sports Centre" then head for the car park.

If we could all be there for around 9.00 am to leave at approx 9.30.

A big thanks to Bazza who is setting out the route for us, no motorways, just a scenic route, following the A22/A23.

Attendees

Johnboy 2

Prolex uk 2 + dog

norkep 2

wozza 4

yemgi 1

Bazza & Janey

surgical virus

vyker

Vykers mate

JamesG

Ellz

djdon + 3

This will be our first ever such event. We love Brighton. we love Lexus so will definitely be at Crystal Palace on the 28th. Looking forward to it. The Cam belt. Pads & Service is booked for the 24th. I have someone covering Saturday night for me. So yes please count me in! A big Thank you to dj wozza who first told me about this run, Look forward to meeting you..I will be with my wife & (mini owner) daughter in a Silver P reg Ls400!

This really should get a nice turnout, looking forward to the

run and meeting some new faces too :D

I think graham8370 & Spacewagon52 are coming too reading through the thread,

so with DJDON we are now up to maybe 14 cars ? (depending on who is riding or driving etc)

Not sure if Jason_l is away or not ?

I have also asked Tony @ WIM and he maybe attending too (tho not in a Lex :whistling:)

Crystal Palace Park National Sports Centre Car Park

in your sat nav put Ledrington Road (off Anerley Hill )

& you should find it no probs peeps.

Not sure if Jason_l is away or not ?

Im afraid i am away in vegas for this, i would stay at home and come along but im getting forced to go to vegas :hehe::lol:

If people take some pics and post them up then i will get some pics of the lexus IS-F and post them up when i get back! :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk