Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Audi R8 Not Enough?

There was one parked at the top of our driveway the other day (Light metallic blue with silver panel)

I thought the wife had won the lottery and was surprising me !

Gutted when she said,

" What car? What are you jibbering on about? Stop drooling and get in the house"

I've been for quite a long drive in the standard one (over an hour) - but only as a passenger :(

They're great cars, allright. It's not the power that surprises you (it's actually quite quiet compared to other cars in its class) it's the grip - they really feel like they're on rails - even as a passenger you can feel it.

One for the fantasy garage.

At the risk of being VERY much on my own on this one :tomato: , the R8 just doesn't do it for me . I think it's a cross bewteen trying too hard to look like a Lamborghini and a jumped up TT. If I had £70k to spend on a car, my money would be on something like, and I'm not joking, the Peugeot 407 Coupe or the Alfa Brera and having the £50k change to blow on holidays. I think even the 407 is a prettier car than the R8, and the less said about the Brera the better because it does things to me! I know you'll say I'm clinically insane, which I may be but the R8 doesn't get my vote :( :baaa:

What's with that odd-coloured panel though? Don't really like that personally - I'd want it the same colour as the rest of it!

Is it optional?

This is an edition released by a company called PPI, but the standard R8 does not feature that AFAIK....

Jamie

They can come with that panel as standard.

See the one here we saw at the ring last year:

DSC00146.jpg

Stav

At the risk of being VERY much on my own on this one :tomato: , the R8 just doesn't do it for me . I think it's a cross bewteen trying too hard to look like a Lamborghini and a jumped up TT. If I had £70k to spend on a car, my money would be on something like, and I'm not joking, the Peugeot 407 Coupe or the Alfa Brera and having the £50k change to blow on holidays. I think even the 407 is a prettier car than the R8, and the less said about the Brera the better because it does things to me! I know you'll say I'm clinically insane, which I may be but the R8 doesn't get my vote :( :baaa:

You're not on your own, old son! Especially don't like it without the front grilles! Prefer cars to look 'smooth' I guess. Agree re holidays, etc. I've spent last 25 years while in business, going off across the world whenever I had a few £££s spare, rather than expandiing (business, not waistline!!) etc. Seen wonderful sights (toured Spain in Citroen Traction Avant in '84, !!) etc.

Would STILL buy a house in Spain and a Citroen Mehari, than own an Aston...... :shifty:

You're not on your own, old son! Especially don't like it without the front grilles! Prefer cars to look 'smooth' I guess. Agree re holidays, etc. I've spent last 25 years while in business, going off across the world whenever I had a few £££s spare, rather than expandiing (business, not waistline!!) etc. Seen wonderful sights (toured Spain in Citroen Traction Avant in '84, !!) etc.

Would STILL buy a house in Spain and a Citroen Mehari, than own an Aston...... :shifty:

But we've also seen your choice in shirts LOL

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links