Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Had My Car Kicked In Today

Rabster

I dont supose there was anyone around the eastern avenue/the drive in ilford at around 5pm on 01/02/08

I had some young youths try and smash my windows due to me and a few other motorists objecting to this blue bmw cutting to the front of a que and then forcing there way through the line, the shot across the eastern avenue and then pulled over jumped out and started torant and arve and then decided to try and get into my poor lex thank god the doors were locked they then decided to kick at it, left some nasty dents. but the aimed for the wing mirror and missed no eye to foot co-ordianation i think

any way the police say there isnt enough to go on and due to the car being clean and not dusty no foot prints, and they wont even entertain the idea of looking for CCTV they doubt they would find the car, im sure i would recognise the thugs that did and the car.

what would you do in that situation??

I dont supose there was anyone around the eastern avenue/the drive in ilford at around 5pm on 01/02/08

I had some young youths try and smash my windows due to me and a few other motorists objecting to this blue bmw cutting to the front of a que and then forcing there way through the line, the shot across the eastern avenue and then pulled over jumped out and started torant and arve and then decided to try and get into my poor lex thank god the doors were locked they then decided to kick at it, left some nasty dents. but the aimed for the wing mirror and missed no eye to foot co-ordianation i think

any way the police say there isnt enough to go on and due to the car being clean and not dusty no foot prints, and they wont even entertain the idea of looking for CCTV they doubt they would find the car, im sure i would recognise the thugs that did and the car.

what would you do in that situation??

Really sorry to hear that mate.

TBH you did the right thing - remember you're allright. That's the important thing. If you'd had visions of Rambo and jumped out of the car it could've ended alot worse. Even trained martial artists can get hammered when they're out-numbered.

Now all you've got is some dents in your car. Look into some smart repairs to get those sorted and put it out of your mind. The ways things are today this kind of stuff can happen to anyone at any time. Not your fault.

Really sorry to hear that mate.

TBH you did the right thing - remember you're allright. That's the important thing. If you'd had visions of Rambo and jumped out of the car it could've ended alot worse. Even trained martial artists can get hammered when they're out-numbered.

Now all you've got is some dents in your car. Look into some smart repairs to get those sorted and put it out of your mind. The ways things are today this kind of stuff can happen to anyone at any time. Not your fault.

Seconded. The main thing is that you're ok. I know it must hurt to have had your car damaged, but it's easier to fix a car than you! It would be poetic justice if those toerags tried it with someone of the calibre of Kenneth Noye next time.....

Some people have no respect!!

You should don the mask and cape and torture the gits!!! .............. only joking.

As said, the main thing is you where hurt and only the car all be it that doesnt make you feel to much better, i hope you get it sorted soon mate

You must be so angry.

It's not just the car really, it is the whole episode and feeling of vulnerability.

You did absolutely the right thing. Sat it out. Why you did that was because you knew, even subconsciously, that nothing good would have happened had you retaliated in any way. I bet you were experiencing all sorts of mixed feelings.

Now I guess you are mad with yourself for letting them get away with it? Don't be. Don't feel you've let yourself, your property or anyone down by not stopping these yobs. You are a long time dead. You also have to think about retribution afterwards. If you had got the better of them and they followed you or found out where you live then it doesn't bear thinking about.

You have to take some comfort in knowing that this yob culture takes its toll on the yobs too although you may not think so. They are always arguing amongst themselves, proving themselves, fighting with each other - often violently, taking each others money and so on. As easy as their life seems you think they have - it isn't. They live from day to day and aren't happy. It makes them worse and reduces empathy, etc. yet they don't see it.

Hopefully you will come across them again and get chance to follow them and see were they are from.........

Are you sure it was on camera? If the incident wasn't but the car was at some point, it would be hard for the police to prove that was the car involved and if they were all from the car, etc. It is the system that's bad not the Police. From your post I guess the officer(s) could have handled it better and explained fully why they wouldn't try and follow up.

If the incident itself was on camera then that is just shocking and you should go down to your local council and found out who runs them. They always go through the Borough engineers dept so I would try them first. Take it from there legally for the footage.

I don't know what to suggest mate, other than have a drink or something to try and calm yourself because this will be spinning around your head and wind you up even more.

Hope it doesn't cost too much if you aren't going through the insurance.

BOO - You can all wake up now. Sorry to waffle...

BOO - You can all wake up now. Sorry to waffle...

Geoffers, that was an excellent post - there's no need to apologise for anything.

Hey guys thanks for the support, in reflection i did do the right thing but still makes you angry why do people like us work so hard to get the things we want for some litte scroats to jump out of there dayds car to do damage more to the point the way they were driving i doubt the even have a licence, or they were under some form of influence

I mean my dad is a copper (dont shoot me yet) but he said if he had been in the car or following then he would have stepped in even if he was off duty as will some coppers but nowadays the lone ranger stuff just gets you killed

Well i have been out to try and unwind but i still think im coming home to a dented car, but will endevour to get it fixed with out to musy cost i dont think insurance is a worth while route premium goes up no claims go down its a loose loose situation :crybaby:

But at least they missed the wing mirror that could have cost alot more on top had then have succeded.

what worries me more is that it happened less than 2min from my house where my baby is parked most of the time, i took the scenic route home however in the wrong direction lol so if they did try to find me they will be looking in the wrong area to start with.

Any ideas on removing ripples as i have no doubt if i suction cup the dents the outer skin will have been warped now, ooh im still mad sob sob

thanks for all the comments it hs made me feel hapier inside

Cheers guys

That is unbelievable, I don't live round there but drive there relatively often and that is quite a scary experience - as the others have said it's better to just have a damaged car than end up badly hurt.

I've gotta say I applaud your calm, I wouldn't have got out of the car either but however stupid it may sound, my instincts would probably have been to run them over - I hope I'm never in that situation to find out though.

Really sorry to hear this and hope it doesn't cost too much to repair - if you can the best thing is to try and get it fixed as soon as you can to remove the constant reminder of the incident.

As soon as I read 'BMW' I knew it would be trouble :P

I wonder if these are the same F :tsktsk: ERS that shot at me? :blink:

See my post........

Well guys as i feared the damage is to such an extent that i need a new door, so that wont be cheap i have been down my garage with my race cars and had a go at pulling out the dents with a suction cup ice and a Heat gun so they are out ish but still very noticable have been intouch with insurance have to pay full excess despite it being criminal damage so even more annoyd now i feel a hunt or stakeout is in order hunt the little f***** down, why do people do it

I read about the post where you were shot at "IS300" could well be well it has provoked us to move now

Any body know how much a new door will cost me :crybaby::crybaby:

Cheers for all the support

As above - you are OK. That is the most important thing here.

I've got to the stage now where I don't even beep at someone, no matter mow much of a moron they are - not since someone tried to car jack me a few years ago...

There are so many people driving around like maniacs nowadays, and no doubt high on some sort fo substance...whilst the authorities do people for being 2mph over some apeed limit somewhere...

PS - I seem to recall that you can claim for criminal damage...

As above - you are OK. That is the most important thing here.

I've got to the stage now where I don't even beep at someone, no matter mow much of a moron they are - not since someone tried to car jack me a few years ago...

There are so many people driving around like maniacs nowadays, and no doubt high on some sort fo substance...whilst the authorities do people for being 2mph over some apeed limit somewhere...

PS - I seem to recall that you can claim for criminal damage...

Hey

Yeah you can claim for criminal damage but you still pay your full excess you might not loose your bonus but the risk factor goes up and if they can claim back from the other side then you get your excess back but if they cant your shafted so all of us people that obey the law get screwed by the system whilst the low lifes with out insurance etc some without a license get off scott free......

why do we all have less right that imigrants now....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links