Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Economy Ever?

Hi all. I was driving from Derby to Northumberland yesterday and I did an MPG test between the Mickelover petrol station and one just south of Scotch Corner. The distance I travelled was 119 miles and the car used 11.59 litres of petrol. I travelled at a steady 60 with cruise on. The calculation for MPG is 11.59/4.547 = 2.54........ 119/2.54 = 46.85mpg!!!!

Is 46.85mpg the best recorded fuel economy for an IS200 (with an auto gearbox) or has anyone got better?

Needless to say I was well chuffed with it's performance :hehe: :D

Hi all. I was driving from Derby to Northumberland yesterday and I did an MPG test between the Mickelover petrol station and one just south of Scotch Corner. The distance I travelled was 119 miles and the car used 11.59 litres of petrol. I travelled at a steady 60 with cruise on. The calculation for MPG is 11.59/4.547 = 2.54........ 119/2.54 = 46.85mpg!!!!

Is 46.85mpg the best recorded fuel economy for an IS200 (with an auto gearbox) or has anyone got better?

Wow - I didn't think the IS200 auto could see into the 30s let alone the 40s, I guess you were only doing a constant 60 but still that's quite impressive :ohmy:

I'd love to see an IS200 Auto with S/C get more than 22mpg driving through Central London as I have to on a regular basis.

Hmm, I can never get my non SC'd auto to get over 22mpg so you're doing pretty well there mate :blink:

just working mine out here: MPG conversion

and 250mile for 60litres (70 litre tank obviously never going to empty) gives an embarrassing 18.9MPG

and with V power at 109.9, 26.3p per mile :(

Stav

thats a good price mate.....its 112.9 here!!!1 :o :crybaby: :shutit:

on the A38 sunday the Fina garage on the way to sundays meet was 119.9 for super? :whistling:

I've got to say I've noticed a difference when using V-Power over the last few weeks, recently been doing some longer runs, half in town and half motorway, and was getting about 340 miles to the tank on normal unleaded. After starting to use V-Power, this has steadily increased, current tank as an example, I've got to 315 miles, and I still have quarter of the tank left.

I'll have to wait and see how good it gets and then decide whether it's worth the 7p extra per litre..........

well with the card you get vouchers back so that could be worth it, and double points with v power.

Stav

Yep use the shell drivers card and the shell citi mastercard (that gives 3% cashback) so overall the price difference can't be too big..........especially if the economy's better :whistling:

well i did a bit of a test the past 2 weeks.

a simple test really..

"change gear at 3k rpm".

the result..... you ask?

i went from 25mpg to 28mpg. just about 10% gain.

and this morning i thought to myself, for 10%, my driving fun has gone out the window, i have to work harder to get through the gears, its not worth it.

so this tank i have now, im going to back full throttle. :D

With that MPG, you could get all the way to Germany on a tank full :o

I have noticed in my manual, that 55-60mph seems to be the optimal speed for max mpg's.

In my case driving to work at 55-60mph in the morning gets me there in the same time as it used to when i did 70mph.

Difference now is instead of my usual 21.5mpg i now get around 30+mpg.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links