Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Long Shot!

Steve_D

I bought some TRD side skirts from a LOC member without a fitting kit or any instructions, i held them up where they should be but there is no holes or any markings! does anyone happen to still have their fitting instructions for these! thats the long shot, I think i probably have to drill holes underneath the car - fit the bolts in, then lift the carpet to fit the nuts? or maybe its just self tappers?

Cheers,

Steve.

I bought some TRD side skirts from an LOC member without a fitting kit or any instructions, i held them up where they should be but there is no holes or any markings! does anyone happen to still have their fitting instructions for these! thats the long shot, I think i probably have to drill holes underneath the car - fit the bolts in, then lift the carpet to fit the nuts? or maybe its just self tappers?

Cheers,

Steve.

i had the same thing just drilled holes near the big holes in the side skirts underneath and bolted them on if you try using the holes in the side skirts there is nothing for the bolts to grab on to .

Not sure if you can still buy the fitting kit from Lexus but its worth asking.

Make sure you use some silicons on the bolts/holes for protection if your drilling through the floor from the bad weather.

You can get the rubber strips for the skirts but not the 8 plastic plugs for the underside of the car, now way would i ever be putting self tappers to the underside of one of my cars :D what you need is the 8 plastic plugs or something to take there place :winky:

I remember when you fitted mine Gord - there were no screws involved were there apart from the plastic plugs? It would be strange that an OEM item would want you to drill holes! :blush:

Can't imagine using self-tappers for something that is supposed to be an easy fit genuine item! :lol: :(

I remember when you fitted mine Gord - there were no screws involved were there apart from the plastic plugs? It would be stranged that an OEM item would want you to drill holes! :blush:

Can't imagine using self-tappers! :lol:

That the problem getting 2nd hand one's, unless you have the full fitting kit its a right royal pain in the ****, not many people seem to know to take off the 8 plastic bits from under the car :blink:

Hi ive got the TRD body kit allround and apparantly all you have is the rubber seal that goes in between the skirts and the panels and the skirt itself is glued using an apoxy resin glue and then 4 screws....2 fit by the front wheel arch and 2 by the back wheel arch.....so i was told by.

1.lexus dealership

2. by body repair place ( that lexus hatfield use ) true or not dont know.

reason i found out coz i wanted to have my TRD front skirt resprayed ( stone chips etc ) and apparantly is a right pain in the arse to get of once its been put on.!....but can be done..

Thanks for all the comments, I dont want to be drilling holes either if it can be helped, maybe the double sided tape then the 4 screws front & back will be ok - will find out this weekend if I get the paint from Toyota on time & report back B)

Hi ive got the TRD body kit allround and apparantly all you have is the rubber seal that goes in between the skirts and the panels and the skirt itself is glued using an apoxy resin glue and then 4 screws....2 fit by the front wheel arch and 2 by the back wheel arch.....so i was told by.

1.lexus dealership

reason i found out coz i wanted to have my TRD front skirt resprayed ( stone chips etc ) and apparantly is a right pain in the arse to get of once its been put on.!....but can be done..

The side skirts fit to the underside of the car by 4 screws (4 each side) and to hold them on 100% you will need the 8 plastic plugs that fit to the body, then the screwsscrew into them, people that dont have the 8 plastic clips just screw to the underside of the car, and as ive said i would never do this on any of my cars :D

I have 8 new plastic plugs at the min, as i have a new set of sideskirts, Genujne Toyota ones, so i will get one out and try and see if a can find anything that might be able to take its place.

Thought I would report back to let you know how I got on - resprayed the skirts with spray cans from the local Toyota dealership - worked perfect!, there is 8x holes in the skirts (4 for securing to the car & 4 for water drainage), the 4x securing holes do not match any holes underneath the car as there are no holes or markings that line up with the skirts - where the skirts are to be secured there is a black plastic cover then the metal skin of the car, I put double sided tape onto the side of the skirts, fitted them both on to the car- screwed the front of the skirt into the wheel arch but there is nothing on the rear arch to match the holes on the skirt :o back under the car, drilled the 4 holes each side through the metal body - sprayed the holes with waxoyl, used zinc coated self tappers to secure the skirts to the body :sick: (I know - not good but its all i had) then waxoyl'd over the lot again to stop corrosion - job done.

I recommend to anyone buying TRD skirts to either buy new skirts from Lexus as they will have all the bits & bobs or if you have to go 2nd hand to make sure you get those plastic clips.

do the stealers still sell the side skirts, or are they discontinued?

roughly what price?

Yes Dealers sell them £285 thats with Gold membership + delivery, I have a set for sale, new Genuine Toyota/Lexus with full fitting kit + instructiond £260 + p&p

• 6 months later...

1.lexus dealership

The side skirts fit to the underside of the car by 4 screws (4 each side) and to hold them on 100% you will need the 8 plastic plugs that fit to the body, then the screwsscrew into them, people that dont have the 8 plastic clips just screw to the underside of the car, and as ive said i would never do this on any of my cars :D

I have 8 new plastic plugs at the min, as i have a new set of sideskirts, Genujne Toyota ones, so i will get one out and try and see if a can find anything that might be able to take its place.

are these screws like the ones on the grill? the small plastic lugs that then have another plastic screw in them??

1.lexus dealership

are these screws like the ones on the grill? the small plastic lugs that then have another plastic screw in them??

Same sort of thing but 10x bigger :D

1.lexus dealership

cheers mate..

and the rubber adhesive beading, is this just single sided? is it just to help create a seal and if so i guess any similar thing can be used??

trip to a motorfactors shop is in need i think!!

1.lexus dealership

cheers mate..

and the rubber adhesive beading, is this just single sided? is it just to help create a seal and if so i guess any similar thing can be used??

trip to a motorfactors shop is in need i think!!

No again d/sided beading, you can get this from the dealer grey or black for about 22 pounds, im not 100% sure, but i may have some at home (im at work at the min)

No again d/sided beading, you can get this from the dealer grey or black for about 22 pounds, im not 100% sure, but i may have some at home (im at work at the min)

any joy?

i think i have a part number but not sure..

i have the front seal as i bought new from lexus but i need the sides and rear.. im sure the double sided seally stuff from an autofactprs will do the job just might not have the little lip bit on..

there should be no drilling involved with the side skirts, all you need do is mark the 4 holes in the skirts onto the sill of the car. then all you need do is cut through the inderseal and fit the plastic brackets. the screws just screw into them and thats it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links