Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Lip Spoiler...

thetruck

hey everyone,

i ordered my sports grill 2day from my local lexus dealership, at the same time i thought i would enquire about the boot lip spoiler, the little one without the brake light, M5 style.

Anyway the guy told me £139.39!!!! for a little piece of plastic, and its not even painted!!!!

so i came home and had a look on eBay, theres a few from taiwan which i dont want to go for due to price etc, but theres one in ireland which is decently priced.

i wanted your opinion on whether or not this 1 is worth going for.

also how much do you think it would cost to paint, its not massive so shouldnt be much right?

link follows;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-TOYOTA-A...d=p3286.c0.m14#

got another one this time from germany;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-TR...id=p3286.c0.m14

thanks guys!

wouldnt i have to get the specific paint etc and the correct tools, none of which i have.

wat do you think it would be like quality wise, i dont wanna buy a rubbish spoiler, i know its for styling not function but it still has to be a decent product!

You can get a can of paint made up in Halfords. On mine it was a Toyota green but used the same paint code (6Q7) as lexus. You can then just spray straight from the can. Lip spoiler will be fine. Get some wet and dry and put multiple coats on. I did a sports grill.

I am also after a TTE boot lip spoiler, i don't think the one from ireland is genuine TTE.

I'm not sure but i know at one point Lexus Teeside were selling these for £55, i didn't want one then but were on eBay, might be worth giving them a call mate.

I am also after a TTE boot lip spoiler, i don't think the one from ireland is genuine TTE.

I'm not sure but i know at one point Lexus Teeside were selling these for £55, i didn't want one then but were on ebay, might be worth giving them a call mate.

I bought mine from Teeside which actually went trhough eBay. Later found out it was a chap from Lexus Teeside, Mark I think his name was. Ended up buying a full body kit! Top chap though and £55 was about the price I paid, possible a little more but that was 3 years ago! It also came painted

thanks for the heads up on that.

ill call teeside first thing on monday, that leaves me with two issues...

1) whats the part number for the spoiler... theres two in that parts list thread dont know which 1 to go for

and

2)will they deliver it if i do order it cos i live nowhere near teeside!

I believe this is the TTE part number AM27636

and this is the TMME (Toyota Motor Marking Europe Number) PZ439-C1450-00 - This is the one the dealer will want.

Take both to your dealer and ask them to check :)

If it is the TTE one your after,

This one - http://www.tte.de/popup/Lexus/cm_lexus_IS2...rearspoiler.htm

YES thats the 1, finally found the right 1 thank you so much.

i spoke to a body shop guy he wanted 200 to paint and fit a lip spoiler, i dont think he quite got what kind of spoiler i wanted to have fitted cos he started talking about drilling and sealing etc.

i mite go down the route edeath suggested and paint it myself, the TTE site says no drilling is required, i guess thats a lil project i can do then!

but if teeside tell me the same price as hendon (£139) its NOT happening!!!

You can get a can of paint made up in halfords. On mine it was a Toyota green but used the same paint code (6Q7) as lexus. You can then just spray straight from the can. Lip spoiler will be fine. Get some wet and dry and put multiple coats on. I did a sports grill.

I would advise NOT going to Halfords. I had some granite sky made up, with proper paint code. I watched them do it and its laughable. They pour a bit of this and a bit of that into a pot and shake it. The measuring is done by hand. They show you the finished colour and if you agree it looks okay you buy it ... NO REFUND.

Like a fool I thought It looked right, applied it to my plastic door trim and suddenly it had a nice purple previously unforseen 'tinge' to it.

You can get a can of paint made up in halfords. On mine it was a Toyota green but used the same paint code (6Q7) as lexus. You can then just spray straight from the can. Lip spoiler will be fine. Get some wet and dry and put multiple coats on. I did a sports grill.

I would advise NOT going to Halfords. I had some granite sky made up, with proper paint code. I watched them do it and its laughable. They pour a bit of this and a bit of that into a pot and shake it. The measuring is done by hand. They show you the finished colour and if you agree it looks okay you buy it ... NO REFUND.

Like a fool I thought It looked right, applied it to my plastic door trim and suddenly it had a nice purple previously unforseen 'tinge' to it.

i actually have to agree with that, they made me some touch up for my 307 and it was waaaaaaay darker than the colour of the car, i would rather get a pro to paint it, how much do you think i should pay for painting, and how is it held in place if its not drilled? is it 3M adhesive like the eBay ones?

called teeside, he said the same price, £139.31 what is going on how comes some of you have it for a 1/3 of the price from the same place!!!!

Kazi said his price was from around three years ago though. It's possible (I'm only speculating) that there are now only a few of these left and they've put the price up to reflect that ?

The price of the sport grille seems to have gone up about 33% from what it was a while back (I realise your increase is bigger than that though).

Kazi you're right there mate i remember now! It was a guy called Mark at Teeside selling them through eBay at £55! I was going to buy the TTE rear skirt and lip spoiler. i never follwed it up for some reason or other gutted now, still want the TTE rear skirt and lip, have a sport front bumper waiting to go on want it all done at once.

Anyone know how much the rear skirts are?

thetruck, did you speak to Mark at Teeside or someone else. Might be only he can give discount who knows?

Kazi you're right there mate i remember now! It was a guy called Mark at Teeside selling them through ebay at £55! I was going to buy the TTE rear skirt and lip spoiler. i never follwed it up for some reason or other gutted now, still want the TTE rear skirt and lip, have a sport front bumper waiting to go on want it all done at once.

Anyone know how much the rear skirts are?

thetruck, did you speak to Mark at Teeside or someone else. Might be only he can give discount who knows?

Blimey, my memory serves me correct for a change! That Mark chap was dead helpful them years back, he even delivered the body kit as he had a meeting in Nottingham later that week I bought the kit. Be a shame if he's left or can no longer do top top prices! At the time Teeside were about 25% cheaper than Lexus Leicester.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive an old post but Mark has moved on to another dealership.

The good news is that Neil has taken over parts @ Teesside and he's just done me a deal on the TTE lip spoiler and i'm over the moon. Really really good service, price and next day postage too. Neil Rocks!

Cheers, Steve :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links