Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gutted

johnboy

I was due to fly out to florida on sunday, but as im sure you have seen the news about XL going bust,

That now means im not going, weve been looking forward to it so much, now its all gone.

Fortunatly we booked through a travel agent as a package, so are covered by ATOL, but we will still be about £600 out of pocket.

Have been trying to book something else through Thomson, who have been great.

not happy :shifty:

Sorry to hear that John, i've just read about that in one of the papers you must be well p'd off :(

Hope you find something mate and enjoy wherever you end up :)

Thanks Chris, we are looking to go away, Thomson have said we can book a holiday with them, and they will claim the refund for us, and we will get back any money which is left.

Sorry to hear that John, i've just read about that in one of the papers you must be well p'd off :(

Thanks Chris, we are looking to go away, Thomson have said we can book a holiday with them, and they will claim the refund for us, and we will get back any money which is left.

Gutted for you. I can imagine how you feel. If you paid by credit card you shouldn't lose out financially.

Sorry to hear that mate, seems to be affecting a few people.

I hadn't actually heard about this, but we own a villa in Orlando and have had lots of guests emailing me to say their plans may be changing....... :unsure:

Can they not get you flights on another airline as compensation (or potentially your travel insurance)?

Hope it all works out John, i know you were really looking forward to this trip :( let us know how you get on mate :)

same thing here a girl at work was going to egypt with her partner late this afternoon cost her £1100 but she paid by debit card and not credit card so she'll not get anything back,she only found out this morning

Was it booked with XL direct? Even a debit card (Visa) can offer some protection as can some, though not all, travel insurance policies.

XL have a site to look at your options.http://www.xl.com/

Hope this may be of some help to anyone unfortunate enough to have been booked with these companies.

Regards Dave

We booked through an ATOL agent and paid by credit card, ATOL will only cover the cost of the flights and the hotel, so the extras we booked, ie attraction tickets, insurance and prebooked seats, we dont get refunded, which is about £600, but am getting on to credit card to see what they can do.

Thanks for all your comments.

have looked at bulgaria, anyone been ? , reviews seem to be mixed, sunny beach area !!

Bulgaria is good mate. Live like a proper king over their on about £50! Soooooooo cheap! :D

Sorry about your upset fella, my colleague at work has had to make other arrangements with other air lines as he's flying out next week!

i had flight booked with xl for cyprus for wed 17th, managed to get new flight but 10 hours difference, so lucky as sorted early yesterday and still fly from bristol,most flights i could get were gatwick so would have been a bit of a drive :)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links