Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 V8 Into My Is200

MeMo

well the headers turned up over the weekend, and they are now on the car, i have all so made the pipe work so i can now fit the turbo, and the Xe/wastgate.

here is a Pic of the headers....

jb009.jpg

well i got round to fitting the custom rad but i had to make a custom mount for it to sit on along with the intercooler, + i got the headers fitted, and the turbo/wastgate just have to get it all tiged up, all so got the down pipe made and on the car. here are some pic,s of the work

MyV8004.jpg

MyV8002.jpg

MyV8005.jpg

MyV8010.jpg

let me know what you think guys be it good or bad points................its all welcome :rolleyes:

I think it looks awesome ! But is the radiator going to get enough cool air with the intercooler in front of it like that ?

thanks mate, yea the rad will get lots of air, as i have 2 x 10" fan's to fit on the face of the rad.....

That is 100% awesome, and doing it yourself is even better, I just don't have the knowledge or time to attempt such a conversion. Looks like the same intercooler mine is having.

Like mine is having, I assume you are going to have a custom crash bar?

Looks good mate,

but is it gonna be laggy as hell with that massive length to the turbo>?

Stav

Thanks guys :)

Lag ? hmm we will have to wait and see, i dont think it will be....but then i will not know 100% untill i get her running, not only that theres not much room to put the turbo any where else,

wow, impressive stuff marcus.

so the v8 wasn't enough.....you had to stick a turbo on there as well!!! insane!!

hehe, hi mate, i was all ways going to put a turbo on it from the start, if you ask me theres no point in puting the V8 in the IS if you not going to turbo or SC it as well, as the V8 is only 250BHP on its own, but then saying that the V8 is in alot lighter car now, it should be fun when its done :winky:

The IC is huge lol.. Love this project looks soo complicated as Yeldarb said, wish I could do this sort of stuff but I find it great read and look forward to one day attempting something on this level :D

so the v8 wasn't enough.....you had to stick a turbo on there as well!!! insane!!

hehe, hi mate, i was all ways going to put a turbo on it from the start, if you ask me theres no point in puting the V8 in the IS if you not going to turbo or SC it as well, as the V8 is only 250BHP on its own, but then saying that the V8 is in alot lighter car now, it should be fun when its done :winky:

You are right 250BHP would just not be worth it. Whats the power estimate with the turbo?

Hi paul, thanks mate..................as for the connecters!! sorry mate, i can not seem to find them any where, :crybaby:

coming on nicely marcus.

is your boy all sorted now..

anychance of getting those LS gauge connectors atall.

You are right 250BHP would just not be worth it. Whats the power estimate with the turbo?

I would like to think it will be somewhere around the 400 + mark :whistling: its not about the BHP its the torque the V8 puts out, :winky:

Nice project! Where did you find those headers?

Hi mate, the headers came from the US, if I tell you the price I'll have to kill you lol :winky:

Not worried about knowing the price, just who sells them :)

That looks like a really nice setup. The turbo won't suffer any amount of noticable extra lag the way it is. Lag is much more noticable with longer intercooler piping than with longer headers because the engine creates the air pressure for the exhaust side instantaneously so to speak from the combustion. Lag comes more from the time it takes the turbo comperssor to fill the intercooler piping with enough air to create positive boost.

Looking forward to seeing this car if possible in the future, should be very nice when done.

sorry if this has already been covered, but just out of interest how comes you opted for a turbo as opposed to a charger or was it just personal preference? :)

Hi mate, yea i did think about the SC, but most SC can only run so much PSI i think most will max out about 12 PSI where as turbo will take alot more, + to get a SC that can do more than 12PSI they cost so much, i want to run my setup just under 1bar and it should give me something like 400/430 BHP (not only that i do love the sound of the BOV :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, got some more done on the V8 over the past 3 to 4 days, in the last pic,s you could see i had taken the air/intake of, well i also took the lower part of it off, and tarted it up, i give it a nice paint job, with that done i then refited it along with the ari/intake, and did away with the EGR side of things, as there is not much use for it as the v8 is geting turbo'ed, lots of vac/pipes and so on, if you take alook at a LS400 engine bay you will know what im onabout, any way i did away with it all and here are some pic,s to let you see what it looks like now. next job is moveing the atl,

myV8013.jpg

myV8011-1.jpg

myV8002-2.jpg

I also had to make a new PS/lines, as the old setup was in the way of the manifold when i came to fit them, heres what i did.

myV8007-1.jpg

its not a very good pic, but the pipe now gos down and under the manifold, and runs long the side of the engine, as you can see in the 2nd pic,

myV8008-1.jpg

In this pic, you can see where i have to try and make the atl fit in its new place...... still trying to get me head round it, has i have to make up some new mounts for it,

myV8014.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links