Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Mobile Do You Own?

Kazi

Nokia N95, been really pleased with it had it about 14 months now (dam 18 month contracts LOL). Camera is great taken most of the photos that ive posted on here with the N95. Got garmin sat nav on it for free, which onces its got gps is great. Dont play games on it apart from a very old skool retro motocross game. Internet is good when in wifi area, but a little slow on orange internet.

Looking at the Nokia E71 held it in the shop the other day, its a really ncie looking phone, really fits in my hand. Anyone got one ????

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/05/25/nokia-e71-review/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jailbroken iphone 1st gen, fantastic phone, love the fact that you can download free games or games pretty cheap - your points about poor bluetooth, camera, etc are true but on the positive side you can download Swirly MMS, video capture software, better texting software - list goes on once its jailbroken.....

For me its the best phone i've owned so far.

how easy is it to jailbreak the Iphone? ive got a 1st gen too. :whistling:

Http://www.quickpwn.com

Free and easy

Fine using iTunes after- just don't do the Iphone update when new software released

I upgraded mine to 2.1 then quickpwn'd

If apple do release update just keep saying no to update until new quickpwn released ;-)

Jailbroken iPhone 3G - anything else is pure rubb.... (lol) - Only joking.

Jailbreak fixes the following;

No option to customise message tone other than preloaded Apple tones - I can put any song I want as a ringtone for free ;o)

No 2 apps can run at the same time - Can run apps in the background

Loudspeaker too quiet - now luch louder

Poor Camera - Camera via app with zoom / brightness etc - I find the piccies quite reasonable for a phone

No video capture - Video capture via free app - not brilliant - but again - its a phone ;o)

I think its a great phone - although can be a little buggy - but then again - no worse than any of my previous phones.

Before that the best phone I owned was a Nokia N80 - Last of the quality feel phones that Nokia produced - all the newer ones seem a little flimsy to me?

Seen some interesting adds about Jailbroken apps. Do you still use on iTunes? I've unlocked some iPhones but never used them after, whats the phone like for software updating after its been jailbroken?

nokia 1200, 7 days without a charge, can throw it on the floor and it still works, inbuilt torch (handy for reading in the dark), and even comes with dust proof keypad for those daytrips to the sahara desert.

LG Viewty, excellent phone easy to use, touch screen is really good and brilliant camera, and im only using the basic settings never really looked into how to use it properly!! Due for an upgrade soon, will be quite hard to find a replacement i think B)

what!...ive always had motorolas.........

see i buy a phone, to make phone calls and the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X, makes calls.....

Well said. My Motorola M2 only got ditched because the cost to get a replacement Battery was prohibitive!

SE K850i.

8/10. Big enough to use, small enough to go into a pocket. Proper, positive key action and no joystick which always used to go wrong on earlier Kxxx phones. I have an SE Bluetooth carkit which works nicely with it. I like it, though I know some people have had issues with the 3 touch-keys, but I'd happily buy another tomorrow if I needed to replace it.

Had many fancy phones. Never fully happy with any of them. Always broken half way through contract.

Currently have a Nokia 5500 Sport, which is shockproof and water resistant. Has been dropped from a 5th story window run over by my Jeep and dropped in a pint. (Some by accident, some to prove a point!) Absolutely indestructible.

I find this suits my needs. It makes calls and text messages. If i want to use the internet i use a computer, if i want to take photos i use a camera, and to listen to music..... i use an ipod.

Though when my contract is up I will be getting an iphone/X1/N96/I900, probably the Sony though.

Currently have an N95 8GB - overall pretty good, great camera (but barely use it), GPS works very well, good Bluetooth connection, good audio quality (both Bluetooth and wired).

The only downsides for me are I miss having a touch screen, it's a bit fat, won't always connect when I want to send or receive email so can sometimes take 2 attempts, and the sync with outlook isn't great (if you delete from one of the phone or outlook, after synching it's back on both again :angry: )

Of the phones I had before this:

SE W950i - ok but didn't really stand out in any particular area.........too large for what it was, and pretty poor sound quality for a "walkman" phone........

Nokia 6300 - This phone surprised me, it's not a smartphone or anything but as a normal phone it was brilliant, great tool for someone who just needs a phone

Samsung E900 - Didn't like this much, mainly for the same reasons I don't like most Samsungs, they're all a bit weird

Motorola V3x - A bit fat but otherwise a very good phone. Best audio quality I've experienced in a phone to date.

i-Mate Jam - This was a great piece of kit, going back to when it was launched, was the only reasonably sized WM device and it looked seriously cool

There's a few more but I can't remember what they were - in fact I have all of these in the house somewhere if anyone wants a phone and makes a reasonable offer :whistling:

If i want to use the internet i use a computer, if i want to take photos i use a camera, and to listen to music..... i use an ipod

I'm not having a go, but I often don't really understand this comment. The point is you don't always have these items around. I don't have an iPod as I don't see the point in carrying 2 devices when I can carry one. Yes if there's a computer around, I'll use that to get on the internet, but if I'm out and need to look something up, I like the fact I can look it up straight away at high speed on the small device that's sitting in my pocket. Again, I don't like phone camera photos, and would always use a proper camera given the option, but on the off chance I need to take a photo somewhere I'm glad it's there. Same with GPS, my car has satnav, and we have a TomTom, but there are times it's come in useful having it on my phone, especially when walking around central london!

Based on the same logic, when you need a phone, you could use a payphone! :P

I use the cheapest phone that's functional...so got a SE K750i. It does everything well, without any drama's or complicated menus. A great little phone with a handy camera.

It pairs easily with the Bluetooth in the car (as with the Lexus), is small enough, and wouldn't worry me if I lost it...I've also got some retro games (space invaders, pacman, Arkanoid tc) so it keeps me entrtained...

I somehow don't like the new Iphone type thingies - too bling and just a status thing, unless you need to be totally wireless. may be I'm gtting old and becoming a dino!

i have a sony C902 which i am very impressed with on the whole.

only problems where when i first got it with crazy firmware which kept resetting itself, did an upgrade via sony and has been really good.

i would give it a 9 out of 10

Nokia 6300.

Fantastic 'basic' phone - solid build, reliable, good bright screen, not full of useless rubbish I'll never use - it makes calls and sends texts which is the purpose of a phone.... right?

Down side is Battery life isn't the best but it still gives 2-3 days on a charge. It's also full of silly annoying muscial ringtones - however that seems to be the way of all phones now - whatever happened to a phone just going 'ring ring'????

I'd own another one of these without hesitation. The thing I've found with Sony Ericsson, Samsung, LG and the rest, some phones are ok, some are dreadful. Nokia have, by far and away the most consistent range of good, reliable and sturdy phones. I'll never stray too far from Nokia again.

Kazi: when I get a moment I certainly will, as your first post shows you have merely scratched the surface of your Iphone. (Not actually scratched it of course as the superb scratch resistant glass would make that very difficult! :whistling: ;) )

Gord: Yes that was a nicely on-topic post. If you want me to respond with decent informative information on topic - then keep your drivel to yourself and take some time to listen. That will be the education.

Iphone 3g and it can be very annoying.mines been repaired once and replaced once.each time its gone wrong,its been first thing in the morning and ive woken to find the Iphone blank with a message stating,repair needed.If it happens again im banning all apple products from my house-including the fruit.

my best phone ever was the nokia 9500.big bugger but it was great in terms of usability and was also good when used as a weapon against people stealing my mars bars from the secret draw.

Glass might be mildly scratch resistant, but no other part on the phone is! My Phone has been handled in good cases and still it gets random marks!

Thing is dude, I love the phone, but only today saying to a work colleague, 'listen to my new ringtones,....." he says, "send them to me" I reply, " I can't, phone won't let me..." obvious response...." You're phones sh*t!"

What would benifit this forum/thread Tyger is if you are going to tell us all about your experiences with the Iphone,

please be short, sweet & to the point, and keep your usual ridicule of anyone with the cheek of picking

a non apple product to yourself.

Other members will then either agree or disagree with your opinion as they see fit (as is their right).

Let's keep things strictly on topic please.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links