Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh ****. Could Be The End Of That One...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too late to start changing things on the insurance now, otherwise you'd also have to change the date of the accident too (e.g. you can't phone them up and say "I want to add x and y to my policy, and oh yeah, I had a crash").

Best to declare everything up-front and let the insurance company do the deciding on what they need to be bothered with and what they don't.

Yeh that would be too dodgy!

A member on here had a crash with supercharger fitted, but not told insurance about it, he took it off faster than anyone i know, but he was very very lucky and got away with it :o now if he had been hurt, it might of been different story :o

Yeh I have declare the charger an couple other bits. Would rather no go through an inspection as I'm aware technically you should declare everything - de-badging, small stickers - EVERYTHING that was not there the day the car rolled off the forecourt. They will be looking for any excuse not to pay out I'm sure.

Yeh I have declare the charger an couple other bits. Would rather no go through an inspection as I'm aware technically you should declare everything - de-badging, small stickers - EVERYTHING that was not there the day the car rolled off the forecourt. They will be looking for any excuse not to pay out I'm sure.

They won't care about stuff like debadging (they could easily have just been nicked) - the inspectors going to want to look at the damage, will only get suspicious if the car's got aftermarket alloys that aren't declared, or he opens the bonnet and finds a supercharger that hasn't been mentioned.........

Right, here comes the carnage....

Can anyone give me rough Idea of cost to put right?

I'm hoping (really really hoping!) that insurance will cover it, but if it doesn't I will have to borrow money to do it myself. Though if it comes to that, a better option may be to pick up another one, some are going very cheap at the mo, possibly newer (yes, i know about the tax difference!), with a view to keeping it long-term and transferring all tuning parts across, then breaking what's left.

Looks to have drained the coolant, but apart from that, starts and runs OK

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01459.jpg

Tyre is punctured but wheels looks OK. Door is fine too.

DSC01460.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

Hoping the damage that you cant see in this corner is not too bad.

DSC01463.jpg

Just showed the pics to my (now ex-)girlfriend and she cried! As I felt like doing when I woke for work this morning, hung over after 3 hours sleep! (Please note, the drinking was as a result of the smash and not the other way around!)

What ya recon guys?

They won't care about stuff like debadging (they could easily have just been nicked) - the inspectors going to want to look at the damage, will only get suspicious if the car's got aftermarket alloys that aren't declared, or he opens the bonnet and finds a supercharger that hasn't been mentioned.........

That's what I though. They are only gonna be bothered with mods that drastically/obviously change the appearance or increase performance in some way. Didn't think blue LED interior etc. would be a problem! I have main things on the policy as mentioned (wheels, exhaust, suspension, charger.)

if u have told them all the main mods on the car im sure they will be ok if u claim. but u must remeber if they write off your car they will only give u what a standerd car of its years is worth and may not let u buy it back so will be losing 2k on the charger striaght away

if u have told them all the main mods on the car im sure they will be ok if u claim. but u must remeber if they write off your car they will only give u what a standerd car of its years is worth and may not let u buy it back so will be losing 2k on the charger striaght away

That depends on the details of the policy. Some insurers (like Sky, who give a discount to LOC members) cover mods on a like-for-like basis.

As others have said, as long as you've told the insurers about all the main mods (charger, wheels, suspension changes etc) then I doubt the insurers will be bothered about, say, an LED in the interior which you hadn't told them about.

If you doing it yourself with 2nd hand parts, about 1k or insurance over 2k

Thanks man, I guessed £1-2k but without really knowing! I could do some, but not all of the work I think. If i need to get bumper, bonnet and wing sprayed, that'll probably cost £500-1000 though won't it?

That depends on the details of the policy. Some insurers (like Sky, who give a discount to LOC members) cover mods on a like-for-like basis.

As others have said, as long as you've told the insurers about all the main mods (charger, wheels, suspension changes etc) then I doubt the insurers will be bothered about, say, and LED in the interior which you hadn't told them about.

Yeh there a probably 20 mods not mentioned but all very minor and have no real effect.

If, say, the write it off. If they wont replace the charger (and other mods) then surely they must let me take it off the car before they....do whatever it is they do with it? Thats only fair! And if not, amounts to theft in my book!

Ahhh man really gutted for you. :crybaby: brings back memorys of when i wrote my old lexus is200 off....again had a fight with a lampost in the snow n ice.. :crybaby:

may put pics up 2 show you now this will make yours seem mild compared to mine...but none the less still really bad as its your pride and joy.. :crybaby:

If, say, the write it off. If they wont replace the charger (and other mods) then surely they must let me take it off the car before they....do whatever it is they do with it? Thats only fair! And if not, amounts to theft in my book!

If they write it off, then the car becomes their property. So if you take something off it, you're stealing from them ! Although you could make them an offer to buy it from them.

But hopefully it won't come to that, and they can repair it for you.

Looks like you hit something pretty solid. Lamp post ?

If you doing it yourself with 2nd hand parts, about 1k or insurance over 2k

Thanks man, I guessed £1-2k but without really knowing! I could do some, but not all of the work I think. If i need to get bumper, bonnet and wing sprayed, that'll probably cost £500-1000 though won't it?

As others have said, as long as you've told the insurers about all the main mods (charger, wheels, suspension changes etc) then I doubt the insurers will be bothered about, say, and LED in the interior which you hadn't told them about.

Yeh there a probably 20 mods not mentioned but all very minor and have no real effect.

I would say you looking @ £500 to paint what wants painting.

If thay write it off, as thay know about the charger the price should be higher than a standard one of the same age, if thay do, ask to buy it back.

Gotta see the funny side or I will cry.

Just got a mate's and he's handed me a big carrier bag containing a quarter of a bumper, a fog light and various other fragments of trim! He found scattered under a fence, I missed them in the dark, was more looking at the car!

I would say you looking @ £500 to paint what wants painting.

If thay write it off, as thay know about the charger the price should be higher than a standard one of the same age, if thay do, ask to buy it back.

Basically, whatever happens, I wanna be keeping the charger! In this car or my next, or to sell (to one of you guys!) Same of the other parts really, all this TTE, Tein and HKS gear is expensive, though not rare like the charger!

that looks bad i hope it gets sorted asap take it to 2 local garages and get esitmates that way you can have it repaired at a garage of your choice i did this with mine and left it at lexus to be done

plus take it somewhere you know and privately then if they do write it off you can still get bits off before they collect it etc

Ouch that does look a bit nasty matey! :o

I was just looking at Chris.S lex pics after someone pulled out in front of him and the damage to yours looks like what happend to Chris's in his pics and reading Chris's posts about the cost of repair it doesnt look good chap?

Here's Chris's topic to give you an idea on the quote he's had to repair his? CLICKY!!

Do hope you can get it sorted though mate :)

decent garage and some hunting of new parts and depending on how much jig work needed if ant i would say 1500 all in.. as gord says about in paint work, the rest in parts and labour..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links