Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mugged Last Night Pda/phone Stolen

DJ Wozza

Had some very bad news on a personal level yesterday I'm not going into on the forum,

but becuase of which I tried (in vain) to get the night off work, but failed due to the very short

notice. So not wanting to risk losing my gig for not turning up, off to work I go. On my way back

to the car after work, I became a victim to what the Police descibe as a "Huggy Muggy".

It is no where near as affectionate as it might sound, 2 guys about 20 or so of Morrocan/Arabic

appearance jostled me on my way back to my car @approx 1.20am in central London this morning,

I wasn't having any of it as I have heard of similar tactics before, first thing I did was grab for my

wallet (which was still there) and my other arm swung a punch in the guys face. I was hampered

quite badly with having my very heavy DJ bag on my shoulder at the time, and really only glanced him.

Then he and his friend were off on their toes.

I again checked for my wallet which luckily I still have, but then discovered his partner must

have somehow got his hand down my front trouser pocket and had my PDA/Mobile away.

Went for a cruise in a Police Car around the area, (first ever ride in one, honest :winky:), but no

joy in finding them, but there is a possibility of some CCTV footage, and also some

photo's/mugshots to look at to identify known criminals who use similar tactics in that area.

I hold out no hope of getting my PDA back, but pictures and other stuff on the memory

card will be hard to replace. The phone is now blocked and SIM cancelled, so it really isn't

lot of use to them other than a paperweight/doorstop.

I used to carry something years ago for personal protection when :shruriken: going back from a venue

to my car late at night, and eventually thought better of it as the penalty would have been

quite bad (no not a knife), and I'm a law abiding citizen and don't go looking for trouble.

This has brought the idea back into my head again rightly or wrongly. Just let me see either

of you little scumbags again, cos I have a good memory for faces :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I'm very ##################### angry right now.

BTW anyone who has text or called me since about 10pm last night, I will have the same number,

but it will be much later today I can be contacted, as I will have a cheap phone & a replacement sim card,

until the insurance sorts out my replacement. Please PM me you numbers as well, I should have most of

them backed up but just in case....

Please don't tell me how lucky I was to have escaped uninjured, in an area with nowhere to run I'd

have battered them both, but with my heavy & valuable bag on my shoulder I was always going to

be at a major disadvantage, plus to be completely honest I had other much more important things on my mind.

Rant over :tsktsk:

As a footnote I'd suggest this is not a good time to tell me how good the Iphone is to replace my stolen PDA

(mentioning no names :whistling becuase 1. it wouldn't 2. it wouldn't 3. it wouldn't

Hi Wozza (or is it Rocky 28 - lol)

Sorry to hear that mate - I won't be pushing infont of you at the bar - lol

Hopefully you'll get your phone etc sorted soon with minimized grief factor.

Mate, that is nasty. Nothing good is happening at the moment! I'm just waiting right now for the next thing to go wrong in my life!

People like that deserve.....I wont waste my time cos it would all come out as ********s.

Feel for ya man. At least it was insured I suppose, so no financial kick in the balls at this hard time.

I just bought my new Iphone :winky:

(nah not really, cheapie Motorola flip that will do till the insurance coughs a new phone).

Luckily I back up my SIM contacts about once every 6-8 weeks, so have recovered a lot of numbers, so not all

bad. Need to order a new memory card and that's my lot. With the insurance excess, plus cost of new phone &

memory card I'm just over £100 out of pocket :crybaby: and plenty inconvenienced too :tsktsk:

Cheers for the messages and PM's guys :)

Am off to bed for a bit as I've been up all night :sleeping:

:tsktsk: ers if you'd of been with someone matey they wouldn't of tried it on they are just cowards at the end of the day, probably seen your heavy bag and realised that would hinder you so felt you where an easier target, bet they'll think twice next time tho, be glad they never got your cars keys aswell.

Glad your unhurt tho mate thats the main thing.

PM sent.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links