Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

A sad tale of woe that started years ago with an industrial injury that left my back looking like this..

Back.jpg

Yes that is six, three inch titanium screws and a lot of wire holding my back together. I have pretty bad nerve damage in my back, partial loss of feeling in my legs, and a withered calf muscle. Anyway to cut a long story short I now qualify for Mobility Allowance.

As some of you may know you can swap your allowance for a car under the Motability Scheme and the deal they offer is too good to turn down….

So today I have had a two hour test drive in one of these…..

55547toy.jpg

A Toyota Verso 2.2 D4D SR. And what a nice car it is. Getting in and out is much easier for my back and the seat is surprisingly very comfortable.

It’s not got the speed and refinement of the Lexus but you can tell it comes from the same family. So I have ordered one and it will be here in three to four weeks….

Now much as I would like to I can’t keep two cars so the Lexus will have to go….. I have thought long and hard about this but it doesn’t make sense in keeping the Lexus, I am finding it harder and harder to get in and out of it which means I don’t enjoy driving it as much as I should….

I will advertise it when I get a chance to give it a clean and take some current pictures, but in the meantime if anyone on here wants it then let me know

It’s a 2001 Lexus LS430 with Premium Pack. Canterbury Blue, Cream Leather, 79,000 miles Full Lexus service History. Prins VSI LPG system (with certificate) Recent new Battery and 4 tyres. Lexus reconditioned wheels (better than new with NO curbing) Bodywork is totally immaculate, as is the inside. There is absolutely nothing at all wrong with this car. It has an Ipod interface that charges your Ipod and gives you full control through the touch screen. It has a top of the range fully integrated Parrot Bluetooth phone system with voice control. I also have an interface to enable you to fit a DVD player so it will play through the cars screen (this is currently en-route from the USA but will be included with the car)

LS430LPG15.jpg

I have asked several people in the trade what this is worth and they came up with anywhere from £9995 to £12000…. Well I think £12000 is well over the top, having had a good look around at what’s available on various web sites I think a car in this condition, virtually new, with all the extras and the equivalent of 40+mpg on a run has to be worth near £10000….

So if anyone wants it let me know, I’m in no great rush to get rid of it as I like it too much!!!!

Thanks

Pete

Sorry to hear your sad tale Pete. My uncle has a Mobility car (although against my advice he got an Astra),

and wished he bought a different make :whistling:

At least if your new car isn't as luxurious, it will be just as reliable :D

Thanks Wozza

That is a truly sad tale, I'm so sorry to hear it. Good luck with the new car, having read your threads someone is going to get an extremely well looked after LS430.........

Thanks, yes it does look very nice...

I hope you will still check in with us once in a while. Your knowledge base would be missed.

I hope the new cars works out for you as you hope.

I'll still be around, I am thinking of getting a Soarer for the weekend, I know they are real low I'll have to go and try one, it wouldn't be so bad now and again, it's just the constant in and out on a daily basis that is getting to me....

Anyone want to part ex a Soarer??????

Pete

This guy's a true gent, I hope you still come to the Doncaster meetings and remain on the forum. Having seen Pete's car in the metal so to speak I can confirm it is absolutely immaculate in every respect and well worth his asking price.

If I could afford it I would have it myself but alas I can't. I would however consider the rear fridge on it's own if you're selling it separately :whistling: BTW has the new car got a rear fridge?

Best wishes Pete,

Steve

Hi

Thank you all for your kind words, I will still be around when she's gone, my brother is on his way to stay for a few days in this

DSC_0045.jpg

So we are having a meet here if anyone else wants to come.....

Pete

Hi

Thank you all for your kind words, I will still be around when she's gone, my brother is on his way to stay for a few days in this

DSC_0045.jpg

So we are having a meet here if anyone else wants to come.....

Pete

WOW pete that looks absolutley mint!!!! very very nice - i spend more time polishing mine than driving (when weather allows) but that looks a million dollars beter than mine!

... my brother is on his way to stay for a few days in this...

Who bought their LS first? Did your 430 encourage your bro to buy a 400, or vice-versa?

My brother has had his several years, I was going to get one but then saw a 430 and fell in love with that... he does look after it well, it's done just over 100,000 so far....

M.IQBAL, Here are a few more pics for you

DSC_0046.jpg

Note the repair to the rear light... it's had new ones since so looks better...

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

It's also had the lcd temp gauge replaced now so everything is fine, including the original dash and needles...

DSC_0053.jpg

Pete

Sorry to hear your selling yours Pete,if I had the cash I'd have it in a heart beat as it's a beauty,and my god I'm in love with your brothers LS just stunning as I still prefer the look of the MK1,but like the advances in my MK3.

That 400 looks factory fresh, was it being kept in the fridge? Wish mine still looked that good ..........and I had a spare £10K kicking around. Your 430 is superb Pete, I will be most envious of whoever gets it.

Cheers Mate!

Good news Marcus I have just been told that there is £15,000 waiting for you in my Nigerian bank account!

All you have to do is send me £25,000 ( bankers draft only) and I will send you the £15,000 waiting for you.

( Pete I may be able to buy your car soon!!!) :whistling:

Hi

Just found out that the Toyota Verso 2.2D4D uses the same engine as the IS220D..... so at least I'll still have a bit of Lexus.... alright I know it's actually that the Lexus has a bit of Toyota but I can still dream........

Been looking at chipping it.... there seem to be a few things available to get that horsepower up a bit......

Pete

Hi Pete sorry about your situation, you could always get some pimp my ride flash hydraulic suspension to make it easier to get in & out of. If not sorry to see you go & thanks for all your invaluable advice. ( asked my mate in Liverpool about buying your car unfortunately he's just been laid off work ) Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Keep the 430! Mobility deals are not that brilliant. You will qualify for free road tax on the 430, plus £258 into your bank account every 4 weeks.....i.e. 13 times per year, = £3,354 x 3 years = £10,057.

My wife was going to go down the Mobility lease scheme but wanted to be free to change her car whenever she felt like it, she loves her current car so much that she still has it some 11.5 years after buying it new...... I even offered to buy her the GS 430 that was for sale on here last month.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links