Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stainless Steel Dial / Clock Conversion

Is200Scott

Got these a while ago and finally got round to fitting them at the weekend and I LOVE the results!!

I know a few of you already have these but I wanted to share mine with everyone - and let everyone know how easy they are to fit.

I had been very nervous about fitting them as I was worried they would be a pain to fit and that I'd risk breaking my dials, However they were much easier than I thought and only took about an hour from start to finish (and that was being very careful and taking my time!). You just need to be gentle with the orange/silver coating on the needles, which is no problem really.

I really like the way the stainless steel on the dials and clocks match in with my chrome heater control rings, the chrome gearknob and my stainless sport pedals.

Please give me your thoughts and feedback, I think the results speak for themselves :D :

Original dials:

CIMG0081.jpg

New Dials:

CIMG0110.jpg

CIMG0112.jpg

CIMG0120.jpg

Indeed they do.

I have the rising sun ones, look great.

I have a new design that will hopefully be getting fitted on Friday with a little help from the experts :winky:.

But must admit they all look ace no matter what design you go for

I have a new design that will hopefully be getting fitted on Friday with a little help from the experts :winky:.

I'm sure your trying to copy me Mr Mole :P :P

Looking good Scott, i had Jasons 2nd set that he designed and was his guinea pig for the trial of them and very impressed with them :D

Looking good Scott, i had Jasons 2nd set that he designed and was his guinea pig for the trial of them and very impressed with them :D

Thanks mate. Yeah it was yours that I first saw on the post that made me want them! I've got them set up with white LED's (which I got from goodwillsales on eBay from one of your other posts) but they are dull in parts and a little patchy so I think I'll have to go back to orange. :crybaby:

No no you have not seen these before. But you will get a good look at them when you are fitting them :winky: :winky:

Thanks mate. Yeah it was yours that I first saw on the post that made me want them! I've got them set up with white LED's (which I got from goodwillsales on eBay from one of your other posts) but they are dull in parts and a little patchy so I think I'll have to go back to orange. :crybaby:

I'd never buy them from goodwillsales matey, think thats where Steve posted a link to on that post? I brought most of mine from a seller called Warden_jp2002 that are based in japan/hong kong, theses are like the ones i brought, but mine are the blue ones- eBay item 190265550726 never had any problems with any of the leds i've brought from them and just ordered a set of blue LED fuse bulbs for my vanity mirrors :D

No no you have not seen these before. But you will get a good look at them when you are fitting them :winky: :winky:

:offtopic::lol::lol: Just hope i'm awake mate, i'm at work till 12am then leave at 3.30am from my house :crybaby:

Look fantastic!

No set for an SE Auto model i'm guessing? With the gear selector lights.

how do they look lit at night?

I really like them at night, they are quite subtle in the dark and look very classy as the streetlights glisten off them slightly.

There is a standard lexus version and I know someone on here has an auto version so I can't se why not. I'm sure someone will know what versions are available.

Everytime i see the Sport dials it makes me want to change mine more and more :crybaby::crybaby: Although i don't actually have a sport :shutit:

As for the year changeover, im still trying to work out when they actually did change the dials???? I almost managed to buy a new speedo cluster the other day through eBay. The guy told me it came from an 03 car but it was clearly a pre 2001 version!!!

I think there are a few 2001 models with the dials fitted but finding a certain date where the changeover happened is hard!?!?!?

Jason :P

none of those dials have letters for automatic.my car has auto...

They are available for the auto cars but if you post a picture up of your dials i will tell you if they will fit or not. Prolex can supply the auto version also :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links