Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Hate The Efff'ing Snow :(

Ok folks, my thinking is that writing this may ease the tears.

As you most have seen yesterday my clutch gave up meaning I had to be towed back, I had the car dropped off at the bottom of the garage where I was going to get the clutch repaired, I made sure it's tucked nicely against the curb so not in anyones way. After a bogus cost from this garage I decided to take it elsewhere and arranged for collection of the Lex today to be taken there.

I went to meet the guy to pick up my car only to find this had happend to it in less than 24hours

SP_A0124.jpg

SP_A0124.jpg

SP_A0124.jpg

SP_A0127.jpg

SP_A0128.jpg

No note saying from anyone admitting fault, so not only have I got to buy a new clutch i've got to get this repaired too :crybaby: , from what I could assess the bumper is scuffed on the side and the drivers wing is ruined and headlight housing is smashed.

So to recap on my Lexus life so far i've only owned the car since August, 1) I've had to replace the front discs due to them being warped when I bought the car 2) Some drunken girl scratched 4 panels 1 week out from JAE 3) Some muppet in a BMW reversed into the front of me meaning new bumper + 2 new headlights (this was just before xmas) 4) and now I have to get a new clutch and repair this bloody damage!

In honesty I don't know whether to cry or crack some heads :(

The car was parked on a housing estate which is overlooked by the garage which was gated off on a industrial estate, the CCTV is a good idea but need the car back to be able to go look if any camera's overlook it. Will be drafting a letter up to put through some houses asking for witnesses and contacting body shops notifying them if they receive a damaged car with black paint on it to let me know. Those headlights aren't even 6months old :(

Yeah my money is on a van/lorry of some sorts although there is a scuff to the lower bumper,

Wozza the car was towed back and left at 3pm yesterday, I went to meet the guy today at 2pm and found it like that so i'm assuming someone has lost it in the snow hit my car and been too cowardly to admit it.

its time to play Sherlock Holmes. I would wake up early in the morning and have a look out for Vans with dents or markings. Do you living in a housing estate and not a busy main road? yeah i had trouble driving to work this morning, after reading a few stories on the threads about snow and round abouts i was driving like a snail :( the thing that annoys me most are drivers who insist on driving near your arse grrrr!

I hope you find out who did this.

*moves his car away from the street and parks into the drive way*

Could be any veichle sadly I reversed into someone once at like 5mph an caused alot more damage than that in that sort of area, depends how strong the other car is etc I'm still paying for that years on in insurance, but at least I admitted it :( your having a really bad time & I hope you can sort something out.. I understand how tight times are these days an this stuff does not help...

oh ffs, not more bad luck mate. sorry to hear this. I know how it feels when your car gets hit. my civic was hit twice within a year and it still does my head in to this day but with everything thats gone on with my lex I can understand the feeling of having to get it repaired and then something else going wrong. Hope once this is sorted everything goes smoothly for u mate.

Aye unfortunately too many people like that nowadays!

Saw a very similar thread on the MKIV forums yesterday but luckily in his case someone actually witnessed it and reported the plate to the police - they got the culprit and after initially denying it he was taken to court and given points and a fine!

Too many scrubbers out there nowadays, makes me wince just sitting in the car watching people smacking other peoples cars in the car parks with their doors and so on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links