Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Carbon Fibre

hawk77

thats what im having a go at in the summer on the window switches and stuff

Yeah me too...but I am not going to wait for the summer to come. So I will do it before you :P

I will post some pics once is done. A bit hard to get the carbon fibre sheet.

thats what im having a go at in the summer on the window switches and stuff

Yeah me too...but I am not going to wait for the summer to come. So I will do it before you :P

I will post some pics once is done. A bit hard to get the carbon fibre sheet.

you can get sheets off eBay

He's in Australia though Aaron, don't know if it's as easy over there or not.

No worries mate, we're not on the Moon... :hehe: I've made some phone calls today and found the right stuff. Is called Carbon fibre cloth and Is going to cost me somewhere around 100 AUD with the right resins and stuff . Also I found this in my surfing activities:

Clicky

This would be for Aaron who is really keen to do it so I think it is very usefull...as well as other LOC members.

Would you know what resin to use? Aparently the Polyester resin has some composites that could melt some types of plastic but it has better qualities. I am not sure if the Lexus plastic would melt if I use Polyester. The Epoxy one is probably the right one but will not have the same qualities. I will explain more if need it. I will take pics when I will do it.

So if you guys would know the answer ...let me know.

• 8 months later...

I have carbon fiber film which i have in stock which is a top quality product and easier than messing with glue etc,

pm your email address and ill send some example pics i have done on my GS300

im putting in an order for some 3m di noc vinyl soon. il be selling it at £60 a metre (1220mm x 1000mm)

do a search on eBay. u wont find the size any cheaper!!

its so close to carbon its unbelieveable. alot easier than using resins and suchlike.

pm me if you want to order some.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links