Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Repair

To cut a long story short, i came back from town to find my 99 IS200 SE in the carpark needing:

Drivers doorskin

Arch liner

Drivers side front wing

Absolutley gutted, no CCTV either.

Will i need to get it repaired at a Lexus dealer?

Will i need original Lexus parts?

Any help/info with prices or advice will be greatly appreciated :sad:

I really don't know what to do...

1. Claim on insurance & lose my no claims bonus (which is very important to me as ive only just turned 20yrs old)

2. Don't claim on insurance, and pay for the repairs myself (which i can't really afford now)

3. Any other suggestions? :crybaby:

Does anyone know of any companies that buy damaged cars?

this is a not at fault claim - isn't it?

claim off your insurance.

Insurance company recovers costs from the Motor Insurance Bureau

You get no claims back.

we all pay that little extra on our insurance to provide this MIB fund, to cover these sort of situations.

chat to your insurance company about it?

Pretty sure that they would need details of the 3rd party, then if that party didnt have insurance then that would then bring it into play.

Sorry to hear about you problem Craig :ohmy:

Only thing i can think of is to get a couple of cash quotes from a few bodyshops, then decide to claim or not.

I think that even if you did sell it needing repair then the amount you would loose would equal the no claims discount you already have.

Some people are just complete :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

this is a not at fault claim - isn't it?

claim off your insurance.

Insurance company recovers costs from the Motor Insurance Bureau

You get no claims back.

we all pay that little extra on our insurance to provide this MIB fund, to cover these sort of situations.

chat to your insurance company about it?

You are not at fault if some scroat steals your car - but you still lose your NCD ..... I think Bobski is right, the MIB only comes into play if the other driver isn't insured .....

Get some quotes and see if a bodyshop can use pattern parts to keep the cost down - explain you are repairing it yourself rather than claiming.

yeah you'll definitely lose NCD on this one because it is a claim, as the other party didn't stick around

can none of the parts be repaired or does it all need to be replaced? if you can find somewhere to jus repair, it'll save you a lot, had to do the same with my old car

You are right , its no claim not no blame.

This catches many owners out through no fault of their own.

The thing to do having reported it to the police and obtained the accident report number is gather as much evidence as possible that you are blameless.

To cut a long story short, i came back from town to find my 99 IS200 SE in the carpark needing:

Drivers doorskin

Arch liner

Drivers side front wing

Absolutley gutted, no CCTV either.

Will i need to get it repaired at a Lexus dealer?

Will i need original Lexus parts?

Any help/info with prices or advice will be greatly appreciated :sad:

Would you like me to price the parts for you ?

Although you mention no CCTV in the actual carpark where you left your car, were there any in the vicinity that might have captured the f***** (censored by me) leaving the carpark with a nice stripe of your paintwork down the side of their car? There is CCTV everywhere nowadays :shifty: the offender is bound to have been caught somewhere. Maybe put some notices up in the carpark saying "did you see anything? £10,000 reward for information call 07xxxxxxx".

I'm so p***** off hearing about accidents caused by people's inability to drive properly. I find it totally sh !t that we live in a society where some daft moronic stupid twerp can only manage to exhibit the kind of skill and co-ordination of an out of control firework by using other cars to guide him or her around a carpark and then to leave the scene of an accident of their own causing with not even so much as a note saying sorry. It's a weird feeling when it happens to you, well it was for me anyway. I just wanted to keep driving around until I caught the b******* that did it and bring him/her to justice. It's a mix of 6 parts rage, 2 parts anger and 1 part disbelief, with a little pinch of worry that leaves a nasty taste in your mouth whenever you park your car next time.

It's happened to me on 3 occasions and has probably cost me over £100 in repairs each time that someone else should have paid for.

Sorry if I'm a little angry but I had to go to work all weekend, I've run out of beer and I've got to be in work again at 7:00am tomorrow. Better get to bed! :sleeping::sleeping:

It's so gutting. I had my car vandalised but although I knew who did it, I couldn't prove it.

It was my first year of having my own insurance and as I couldn't afford to do the repairs myself, had to claim. Once my year was up I shopped around and managed to get a cheaper quote (through GOLD), so wasn't too badly affected with the premiums.

It may be worthwhile just biting the bullet and claiming. Once your insurance is up look around for something more competitive - most companies won't load your premiums for something that wasn't your fault.

Plus loads of money for labour.

When my car was hit the rear door and wheel arch were damaged. Labour to replace the door, unmangle the wheel arch and respray + paint came to £1300. :o :o :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links