Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Photo Competiton

Sometime in the future, we shall be running a photograph competiton.

We intend to make an Official Lexus Owners Club 2004 Calendar - so obviously, we will need 12 nice photographs of Lexus to go in it!

The competition will be the 12 best photographs of a members Lexus will be featured in the calendar.

The exact details and rules will be published closer to the time - however we are coming up to the "nice weather" part of the year, and I know you guys are gonna want to get at least three coats of polish / wax down, and gonna want to take photo's on a nice sunny day - so we can really see the shine! B) B)

So - this thread is sort of an advance warning - so you can start perparing and getting your photo's ready.

The rules will roughly be

- its a photo competition - not a car competition. Best photos will win - not the "best cars".

- your photograph will become the property of LOC. We intend to sell the calendars - by entering a photo, you give us rights to sell the image etc etc, without royalties.

- the photo should feature www.lexusownersclub.com somewhere on it.

It would be nice to have a good range of models too.

Don't want to say we must have one of each model - but we don't really want a calendar with 12 IS's in it.

The other purpose of the thread is to gather some feedback on the idea - what do you think?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance Matt....

It's going to be hard enough to convince one of my friends to strip off and lie on my bonnet as it is :P

So what are the rules??

The picture has to feature the web address (can't this be on the bottom of the calender anyway??), what format do you want the picture (digital??) what size??

In terms of photo size, obviously, it goes without saying that large, hi res pictures are the order of the day.

Size 11.5 x 9 and between 150 and 300 dpi

you will submit your photo's to a specially prepared gallery - so it will be digital images only

you have to have the URL in there somewhere - 'chop it in - get your girl wearing a LOC thong - as long as it is clearly advertising the URL, its all good.

well i have now got 12 pictures where am a supposed to put the buggers

OK

this post was an advance warning - give you a chance to start polishing, waiting for nice sunny days etc etc

Not to start submitting pictures the day after!

:yahoo::yahoo:

Keep hold of them for a bit Mat - the rules haven't even been fully decided yet mate (for example - haven't decided how many you can submit).

just stick 'em on your PC for a bit?

• 3 months later...
In terms of photo size, obviously, it goes without saying that large, hi res pictures are the order of the day.

Size 11.5 x 9 and between 150 and 300 dpi

you will submit your photo's to a specially prepared gallery - so it will be digital images only

you have to have the URL in there somewhere - 'chop it in - get your girl wearing a LOC thong - as long as it is clearly advertising the URL, its all good.

wont be much space for an ad on the back of a thong,use a flag,i wonder where i would stick it ;) :lol:

Well I have my picture ready for submission  :whistling:

Let's see it!

Here's one I took in the Lake District recently (car needed a clean though) :

Lakes2.sized.jpg

Nige

Great pic nige... but the rules state it has to have the url in the picture somewhere..

If you want i can have a play in Photoshop for you...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links