Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Midlands Mini Meet 3

Chris.S

Most of the people that was there most probably don't know as well bazza so i'll give it a go.

It was on what i'd call our little round-a-bout circuit.I was at the back and a blue beemer had seen the first few of us go round,decided he would like to play as well so shot out in front of me and behind Andy.He had over done it with the old right foot,back end slid out,tried to correct it but to much so clipped the kerb and bounced off it,whilst all this was going on his back tyres were leaving all their tread on the road.He then pulled over to let me pass and his face was a picture as i looked at him.Home for a new pant change methinks :lol:

Did Dawesy leave the the poor cossies alone in the end?I given up telling him not to pick on somebody smaller than him :whistling:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why oh why oh why couldn't I have come to this it sounds superb...

I would love to have laughed at the BMW driver as well, I bet he won't be doing that again... Did he chip his fog lights :)

Top meet fella's we must do it again sometime soon. I think Stoke is the best MMM venue so far, definately better than Notts from a cruising point of view - we only saw one law enforcement(!) officer all night.

I never saw the Bimmer lose it in my mirror - just shows the difference between the two cars though eh?

The TOC boys certainly had the cars of the meet, the Corolla's power was just phenomenal.

Better not mention the fact that we enjoyed ourselves too much though as I don't think certain people approve of this sort of meet :shutit:

I was trying to tell you andy but then it was off doing something else.Shame you never saw it in you rear view mirror,funniest thing seen in ages.

Both clubs combined have over 6000 members some will like this type of meet,some won't.But all who went had a great time and i can't wait until i'm up and running for my next one.

Thanks for a great night,Ken

hello all

thanks for a great meet

sorry you lost at the lights loz better luck next time.

i must say sorry for being rude. you nice lexus guys invited me along and then i go and leave you all in my dust, or were you just taking it easy :winky:

thanks again chaps cant wait for the next one, hopefully the anti lag will be up and running by then for some real exhaust flaming action :zee:

sounds like u all had a good day.

where was the cruise in stoke?? was it by sainsbury's or on festival park??

sorry i couldnt make it even though itsa minute drive from my house

had a wicked day though, paintballin go kartin and my favourite - driving a land rover defender off road over tracks that normal car would never even get half way up, it was ace. :offtopic:

Fantastic Meet! :yahoo:

Thoroughly enjoyed this one - especially with the amazing duo from TOC who turned up. The venue selected for food and drinks was great, as was the weather - and the cruise afterwards was a great laugh.... :whistling:

Ken and Lee - amazing motors you have there boys. We turned a fair few heads in Stoke I can tell you.... And Harty - we must take a "cruise" down to Stoke again soon...... B)

Lozzy - LMFAO (donuts in a GS????) :lol:

Look forward to the next one...

And thanks to Chris for organising it - well done pal! ;)

P.S Piccies will be uploaded tonight.... :zee:

LOZ... what kind of donuts, i prefere twinkys

they make more of a mess though.....well unless the donughts are creme filled ones.....the ones Harty likes

You should know by know Clawley that I prefer the more savoury things in life........

mmmmmmmmmm 3am wursts :lol:

'friad my doughnuts were the smoking kind!!

My Lad had a great time and thanks for watching your language infront of his young ears, NOT!

Still, he's no stranger to wild living. He is hoked on Harty's IS. Funny because I could swear he spent more time behind the load pedal of Zee's SuperCharged number... :whistling:

We had a great time and As for the traffic light grand prix.... Well. 0-40 was neck and neck so I reckon you must have shot a piston or something. and as for those black lines you left of the road. were they bread crumbs to see where you've been?

Seriously though. You Toyota chaps are fine by me! nice motors and mental attitudes. I just can't understand why I was the only one having a go at Doughnuts!

Hopefully we will be back for the cruise in the VERY near future. I plan on bringing something a little more appropriate. Fast and furious!

Loz :zee:

Sooo glad i digged my car out to make it,windows are out now and my mate is starting to finish the paint off tomorrow.Engine comes out next week and hopefully we'll have the car ready for when i will be able to drive in a couple of months.

Wonder what on earth you are taking to the next one Loz,i thought you was doing ok in the gs.

Lee's fixed the anti-lag now,*** knows what he'll be doing next to it :duh:

Off in hospital tomorrow Zee any chance of popping your pics up before i go in :)

See you guy's soon,Ken

Mitch,

What were you thinking? It was a blast! best northern meet I been to by far. I think its fair to say that it was a touch more "jourvenile" than the other meets. But thats still got its place.

I felt like someones dad. Er... could be because I am and I took proof. But I am determined to get my basebal cap on backwards and get down and groovy next time.

just put a pair of new tyres on the GS (front) as the tracking was well out and had worn the insides down to the belts! reckon thats what was stopping me doing better doughnuts.

I still laugh myself silly at the thought of trying it with the McDonald trays! hmmm :withstupid::ph34r:

Date for next meet how about 1st Sunday in August? asuming there will be a sun up to stoke again for the cruise. and how about a group rate at the chef and brewer! me and Harty need a discount on the pies!

Thanks Ken,

THe GS is cool in a "mature" kinda way. I want to keep it that way and not make it all boy racered... it's my workhorse....

Been thinking about a Lutus 7 replica as they are cool and fast as F**K!

but just lately I must confess to hankering after an MR2 again... T bar of course.... thinking it would be best to go kit car route but the MR2 is in keeping with the brand and still a great summer ride. just a cheap 2.0 T bar manual with leather... What does the Jury think?

Pro's

its a Toyota!

its modern and still cool looking

I could get a turbo one

Fairly easy to live with

roofless!

If the sh*t hit the fan I couls sell the lex and the Landies and still have transport

I can use it all year round if need be

It could take some of the Lexus mileage through the summer months thus keeping lexus value up.

Cons

Its not as distinctive as a Lotus 7 replica

Its not as fast as a lotus 7 replica

Its not as big a fanny magnet as a Lotus 7 replica

Its a bit ordinary. People wont know its a "2nd" car.

I'd be tempted to sink more money ( that I dont have) into souping it up

Its not a mentally quick (zee beating) sports car :ph34r:

Your thoughts are appreciated.

loz,

i was offroading in a landrover, paintballing and go karting on sunday thats why i couldnt comedown.u was only 1 minute from y house 2 at the shire horse

if u do 1 on the 1st august i should b able to come down as its the week befoe i go holiday and family will be back from hols so will get paid

Shall we announce MIDLANDS MINI MEET 4 no w then

Sunday August 3rd, same time - same place for food and same place for cruise (Stoke)

Said it yourself,you ain't got to many pennies to play with so it has to be the 2.Then if you do get a little more cash you can turn it into a dawesy catcher ;)

The meet was a absolute blast,august the 3rd is to soon for me to be driving but hopefully be ready for the one after and you all know what i'll have under the bonnet then :D

Hmm nurses=bed baths :yahoo::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk