Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 Fast 2 Furious

Fidgits

I'd like to say, "Only in America..."

But I fear we would be similarly stupid about such things over here....

Hands up honestly if you have done 90 in a "residential area" I know I probly have, not do to some move, more likely cos I was being daft and had a car (or more likley a bike...) that could easily reach such speeds. I'm not talking about in a 30 zone only btw. but think about it. there are villages on "open roads" that we blast through where the 60 zone suddenly drops to 40 or 50 and we are having way to much fun to slow down.

Aint big or clever but ***** happens. Wonder why they don't ban war films in the USA. Obviously Gee Dubbya watched the dirty dozen and then decided to wage war on Iraq and "terroriasm"....

Loz :ph34r:

The movie 2 fast 2 furious has been blamed for the death of a youth in LA.

He crashed while doing 90mph in a residential street, close to a cinema showing the movie...

they cant blame a movie :angry:

its the stupidity of an individual that thinks that he can do what they do in the movies

we all have to make up our own minds what we consider dangerous, thats why we have a brake pedal ( the middle or left one, i think )

This is a bit of a hot issue in my firm at the moment. We have to road test modified cars that in some cases are good for around 200mph. No-one here wants to do it because if they get caught they are going to jail - end of story. I normally end up doing it because no-one else will, so it's not unusual for me to do 170+ in the right place at the right time but it's scary and dangerous stuff which I don't like.

This is a bit of a hot issue in my firm at the moment. We have to road test modified cars that in some cases are good for around 200mph. No-one here wants to do it because if they get caught they are going to jail - end of story. I normally end up doing it because no-one else will, so it's not unusual for me to do 170+ in the right place at the right time but it's scary and dangerous stuff which I don't like.

what track/ circuit do you use ?

ps: if youre after any volunteers........

I think it's strange...

Most 'action' movies have car chases in them, for example, Gone in 60 seconds, i never heard about kids stealing cars and/or racing around after seeing that movie.

Ditto with The transporter (which perfectly demonstrates BMW drivers :winky: )

Personally, I think the movie isn't to blame, cos I will bet that the same kids that wheel-spin outside the cinema are the same ones that do it in McD's every saturday, and handbrake around supermarket car parks....

It's the 'max-power' culture, I'm not saying it the magazines fault, but when getting images for the cover's I did, there seemed to be a lot of 'glamourisation' of clouds of tyre smoke etc...

Just my 2 cents...

nothing wrong with a bit of handbrake abuse, and ive burnt some rubber aswell

looking forward to the film the cars and the Nos :winky:

nothing wrong with a bit of handbrake abuse, and ive burnt some rubber aswell

looking forward to the film the cars and the Nos :winky:

as uncle bazza cringes and hangs his head in shame ;)

dna samples werent conclusive no evidence to prove any connection :D

a topic's discussion went a similar sort of way a few weeks ago.

see here

I'll ask the same question I asked in the thread linked above.....

can you say the fastest you've ever been in your lexus is 70mph?

(ps....you're not allowed to answer no, BUT, or yes BUT, or ONLY WHEN... !!!)

can you say the fastest you've ever been in your lexus is 70mph? that was the :question:

which i answered by saying nope nearly twice that.

Maybe its a bit late in the day for you to comprehend(long day was it)

the second part was the fastest i've been.

nearly twice that in the LEXUS=130mph

Yamaha R1=168mph

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links